The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 is one of the most powerful and efficient pressure side pool cleaners on the market. This product is manufactured by zodiac, a reputable company in the pool cleaning business. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 is suitable for ground pools and can clean debris of different sizes and shapes that get into the pool.
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pool cleaner review
Table of Contents
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 is said to clean particles of different sizes from your pool in less than 3 hours. This ranges from pebbles, leaves, sand and other small debris that fall into the pool. Many users like the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 because it can clean the stairs and other hard to reach places around your pool.
In this review, we are going to look at the main features of the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 as a pool cleaning equipment. In addition, we have looked at the pros and cons of the product to help you determine if it is a good fit for your needs.
Portability and ease of use
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 is a lightweight pool cleaner that is easy to maneuver all around the pool. That is why the product is easy to use around corners and stairs. Also, the unit comes with dual jets that helps shoot dirt into its large collection bag. This equipment is compatible with all pool types including fiberglass and vinyl liner pools. Furthermore, the pool is easy to connect with the suction line in a pool. The good thing is that you can clean your pool in a period of three hours.
If you have very sharp corners in your pool, you can use a rear sweep tail accessory to reach debris in these places. Also, you have a 31 foot hose that can handle all pool sizes.
Efficient backup system
One of the challenges that people face when cleaning their pools using automatic cleaners is the unit getting stuck on the wall and corners of the pool. Fortunately, the Polaris 280 comes with a backup valve that reverses the movement of the unit. This prevents the cleaner from staying in one place.
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 requires a booster pump in order to run efficiently. However, you should make a point of purchasing a pump that is timed to run through your regular cleaning cycle. Since the unit is lightweight, you should choose a hose that will not tip the unit over during the cleaning process.
- Great design. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 comes with a great design that allows it to clean all types of pools. In addition, they are fitted with a 31 foot hose that enables it to reach different areas of the pool.
- Powerful movement. The unit has a booster pump attached that allows the unit to move smoothly through the water. As a result, you are able to clean large areas of the pool within a limited period of time.
- Large filter bag. Many people like this pool cleaner because it comes fitted with a large filter bag. This is important for it allows the unit to perform pool cleaning tasks without needing to empty the filter bag. This is very convenient for the user as removing and emptying the bag takes some considerable amount of time.
- Lasts longer. The filter bag on the unit prevents debris from getting into the filtration system. This enables the pool system to last for a long time. In fact, there are users who have reported that their Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pool cleaners have run for more than 10 years with very little maintenance.
- Fast pool cleaning. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 operates with a very high pressure. This enables the unit to clean your pool fast and efficiently. The machine can complete cleaning a standard pool in less than 3 hours.
- Requires an additional booster pump to operate well. Unfortunately, this can add up to the cost of the unit.
- Booster pump consumes more energy.
- Instructions on how to connect and use the unit are not easy to follow
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 is a quality automatic pool cleaner that will meet your expectation. If you are looking for a mid-priced pool cleaner, the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 makes the cut. And the good thing is that it is a durable product that will serve you for many years to come.