Have you ever wondered what is the best in-ground pool ladder to buy? If you own an in-ground pool, then this question must have popped up in your head at some point. While there are literally tons of them in the market, they are not all of the same quality.
In fact, some may get broken after a couple of weeks. In this article, I’ll be reviewing the five best in-ground pool ladder that you should totally consider. More so, I’ll be giving you essential tips to ensure you don’t make a mistake when you finally decide to pick one. Are you ready?
5 Best In-Ground Pool Ladders
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best In-Ground Pool Ladders
- 1.1 1. Blue Wave NE1175 Heavy Duty In-Pool Ladder
- 1.2 2. Confer Gray Economy Above Ground In-Pool Ladder
- 1.3 3. Goplus Swimming Pool Ladder for In-Ground Pools
- 1.4 4. Blue Wave NE1145 Premium Stainless Steel In-Pool Ladder for Above Ground Pools
- 1.5 5. SAFTRON P-324-L3-GG 3 Step Polymer Finish Inground Pool Ladder
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusions
1. Blue Wave NE1175 Heavy Duty In-Pool Ladder
The Blue Wave NE1175 Heavy Duty In-Pool Ladder is easily one of the best in-ground pool ladders out there, and this is as a result of many obvious benefits.
Irrespective of how long it remains in the water, its all-resin construction ensures that it doesn’t corrode or rust. It features a five tread design to help you climb in and out of the pool with ease. This feature gives it an edge over the other four tread options.
Also, its 22-inch high handrails and extra deep 5-inch long non-skid treads keep you safe and reduce any possibility of slipping. The childproof barrier meets the standard ANSI/APSP codes for safety.
The adjustable deck is suitable for pools that are 48 to 54 inches high. With a 300 pound capacity, you can climb confidently without fear of the ladder breaking.
- 22-inch long handrails
- 5-inch long non-skid treads
- Five tread steps
- Adjustable deck
- 300 lbs. capacity
- Not suitable for persons on the heavy side
2. Confer Gray Economy Above Ground In-Pool Ladder
The Confer Gray Economy Above Ground In-Pool Ladder, just as the name suggests, is designed for flat bottom above ground pools. It features an all vinyl resin covering, which helps in preventing rust, corrosion, and fading even after a long time.
Its dimension of 18” W x 56” H makes it comfortable enough to accommodate you without stress. This above the ground ladder can be adjusted to fit pools that are within 46-56 inches in height. It comes fitted with a top safety platform that allows you to safely transition from the top rung to the pool’s deck.
Its sturdy construction ensures that anyone from 250 lbs. downwards remains safe while on it. Also, you don’t have to worry about mismatching colors, as its warm gray color easily fits into any type of decor.
- Its dimensions are 18” W x 56” H
- Its warm gray color blends easily into any type of decor
- Top safety platform
- Adjustable ground ladder
- All vinyl resin covering
- Not suitable for persons who weigh more than 250 lbs.
3. Goplus Swimming Pool Ladder for In-Ground Pools
The Goplus Swimming Pool Ladder for In-Ground Pools is another pool ladder worth mentioning. Its high-quality stainless steel construction ensures that the water remains free from pollutants.
The good thing about this product is, you don’t have to be tech-savvy to assemble it, as its straight to the point illustration and detailed description helps you set it up in no time. The non-slip footstep feature ensures your safety while swimming.
You don’t have to worry about it wearing out or breaking, as it comes fitted with high-quality iron wires to ensure it remains sturdy all through its useful life. To ensure extra-durability, this pool ladder is made from solid pipes and other heavy-duty materials.
Although you might discover that its non-resin construction might lead to it rusting after extended usage. But in all, it’s an ideal choice for a cost-effective yet functional pool ladder.
- Instructional manual to help with setup
- High-quality iron wires
- Stainless Steel construction
- Not slip footsteps
- Can carry as much as 330 lbs.
- 3-step tread construction
4. Blue Wave NE1145 Premium Stainless Steel In-Pool Ladder for Above Ground Pools
The Blue Wave NE1145 Premium Stainless Steel In-Pool Ladder for Above Ground Pools is the definition of quality wrapped in a sleek package.
Its rails are structured from premium stainless steel material, making it of top quality. This means you can be sure that your pool ladder will neither crack, break, nor fade.
Its 24 inches width takes care of easy movement. It also comes with treads that are extra deep to protect you from slipping while climbing.
Amazingly, it can reach as far as 54 inches down the pool. The ladder’s base also pivots to fit sloping pool bottoms so that safety is thoroughly guaranteed. Finally, its aluminum deck features anchors so that it remains in place throughout.
- Extra deep treads
- Reinforced stainless steel rails
- Fits above ground pools up to 54 inches deep
- Non-skid stainless steel treads
- Pivot bottom to accommodate sloped pool bottoms
- Extra-wide 24 inches width for ease of entry and exit
- Not suitable for persons who weigh more than 300 lbs.
5. SAFTRON P-324-L3-GG 3 Step Polymer Finish Inground Pool Ladder
Of course, this list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the Saftron 3 Step Polymer Finish Inground Pool Ladder. This particular pool ladder wouldn’t just last long, its dent and scratch-free construction will ensure it continues looking new and shiny all the way.
Although it’s a 3-steps pool ladder, it can favorably compete with its four and five steps counterparts when it comes to ease in climbing. This model, as with most Saftron products, is fashioned with specially processed compounds that protect the ladder from weathering and corrosion resistance.
This product can stand up to inground pool elements, harsh pool chemicals, and saltwater. It also doesn’t get hot when it is exposed to sunlight.
- High impact polymer exterior is strong and is corrosion resistant
- Reinforced galvanized steel interior for durability
- Requires no bonding or grounding when installing
- Its dimensions are: 24 Inches Wide x 53 Inches High x 1.90 Inch Outer Diameter
- 3-step tread construction
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Much Weight Can a Pool Ladder Hold?
A: The weight of the ladder depends on the type under consideration. Most of what was reviewed so far can hold up to 250 – 300 lbs., which fall within the range of what an average person weighs.
There are also heavy-duty ladders that are designed to support the weight of heavier people. If you’re on the heavy side, you might want to consider getting one of these. This can usually carry people who weigh 400 lbs. and above.
Q: What Are Pool Ladders Made of?
A: Pool ladders are made from different materials. The most common of them being plastic, stainless steel, steel, resin, etc. Of course, the durability of your pool ladder greatly depends on the type of material used.
Plastic, for example, will last a long time if it has a UV inhibitor. If it doesn’t, your pool ladder might become susceptible to decomposition.
Most steel ladders are usually coated with anti-rust and corrosion powders. But if the coating scratches off, you might be disappointed with the speed at which it will rust.
Resin, on the other hand, provided it also has a UV inhibitor, will last you quite a while without qualms. The best of deals, however, would be stainless steel. Although it’s a little pricier than the others, it has a more guaranteed life span.
Q: How to Install an In-Ground Pool Ladder?
A: Most pool owners take off their pool ladders during winter to prevent it from being exposed to harsh weather conditions. And so, it’s a must to have an idea of how to get it done, or at least have a friend that does. Here’s a walkthrough of how you install most in ground pool ladders.
- Go through the ladder specification sheet to ascertain measurements.
- Mark the deck to determine where you’ll cut
- Use a concrete saw to cut the deck
- Use anchors to hold the deck in place
- Attach bonding wires to lug
- Tape the top sockets and use concrete to hold the rim in place.
Pool ladders have always been a lifesaver for those with in ground pools. Beyond the aesthetic feel it gives, it’s one way to ensure that you and your family remain safe while climbing in and out of your pool.
These are undoubtedly the best in-ground pool ladders you can find in the market. All of them reviewed here are of great quality. But they’ve got their peculiar preferences, which you should take into cognizance before you make a choice.
Since it’s a necessity for in ground pool owners, I’ve compiled a list of the best in-ground pool ladders available in the market so that you can easily make a choice.