An above ground pool is a fun investment for your family. Not only is it a blast to splash in the pool on hot summer days, you can also save money by planning “staycations” because your family will have so much fun that they won’t ever want to leave! Today, we are looking at two of the leading brands in above ground pools. We will answer this questions. Coleman or Intex: Which is the best value for an above ground pool?
INTRODUCTION TO ABOVE GROUND POOLS:
If you’re in the market for a pool, you’re probably weighing your options. You may even be wavering wondering if you even should install an above ground pool. Let’s take a quick look at three reasons that above ground pools are so popular.
- Cost Savings over In-Ground: Many homeowners choose above-ground because they are thousands of dollars cheaper than in-ground pools. Not only is the pool itself less costly, you will save on the costs of heating the water, use fewer chemicals, and require a less costly robotic pool cleaner and other pool equipment.
- Installation Time: Installation typically takes only about one day. You can hire a pool professional if you wish. However, a handy DIY type can easily handle this project and keep it very affordable
- Child & Pet Safety: Some homeowners worry about small children around pools. With an above-ground, children and pets can’t just fall in. They are built up, so you can install decking, steps, and a fence with a lock to keep them from straying to the pool when you take your eyes off of them.
COLEMAN POWER STEEL FRAME SWIMMING POOL:
The Coleman Power Steel Frame Swimming Pool is one of the best-selling pools on the market. It’s super affordable, easy to install, and has you splashing water in record time.
- “Power Steel” Technology: As you can guess from the name, “power steel” is very strong. Additionally, the pool is engineered so that the structural supports remain strong and safe for your family for many years of use.
- Accessories: These pools have accessory kits that are widely available. A ground cloth to place under the pool, a pump, and a ladder comes with these pools as part of the purchase. You can purchase additional maintenance kits that will get you dipping your toes in the water almost right after you get it set up and the water treated!
- Option Choices: The “power steel” technology is available in rectangular or round shapes. Also, you can choose from several sizes and water depths. This allows you to customize an above ground pool for even the tiniest backyard.
- Customer Service Number: Some users have reported that the customer service department is difficult to reach. In the rare event that you need customer service, this could be a nuisance.
- Ladder: The ladder is somewhat unsteady in feeling. It’s okay to get you started, but most customers opt to build a sturdy deck with steps up to the pool.
INTEX PRISM FRAME ABOVE GROUND POOL:
The Intex Prism Frame Above Ground Pool is extremely popular due to its super affordability. Like the Coleman, you can usually self-install it and be hosting a pool party before you know it!
- Prism Frame: The “prism frame” is powder coated to help resist rust. This means that you pool frame will remain sound for a long time.
- 3-Ply Liner: The pool liner of the Intex is fabricated from an extremely sturdy with three layers that resist punctures.
- Easy Installation: Installation kit is included. You get the pump as well as a DVD that will show you step-by-step instructions. Also included are a ground cloth, pool cover, and ladder.
- Pump: Some consumers reported that they quickly spent the money on a higher quality pump. They felt that while the included pump kit does the job, it could be better.
- Shaky Ladder: Many users have stated that the ladder that comes with it is very shaky and borders on feeling dangerous. Investing in a better ladder, or adding a deck, is highly recommended.
MUST-HAVE ACCESSORIES FOR YOUR ABOVE GROUND POOL:
Now that you see the benefits of installing a pool, I’m sure you’ll want to hear some recommendations for accessories. These are purchases that will make your pool safer for your family and easier to maintain.
- Aquabot Robotic Pool Cleaner: This cleaner will attach itself the the floor of your pool and clean it in about two hours. It frees you up to complete other tasks and shuts itself off when it’s done. Cleaning has never been easier than with a robotic pool cleaner.
- Pool Test Kit: You’ll need to purchase a kit to test your water quality to ensure safety for your friends and family. Here’s a guide to finding some great options.
- Safety Equipment: Naturally, you need some safety gear. Foam rings, pool signage, gate locks, and all necessary. These items will give you peace of mind as you swim.
In conclusion, I hope that you learned a lot about these two leading brands of above ground pool. Both Coleman and Intex are great manufacturers that stand behind their products. Ultimately, the choice is yours. Either way, you can’t go wrong with these two wonderful brands!
By purchasing a pool for your family, you will have the chance to create memories of great times at home, right in your backyard!
Please do feel free to comment and let us know your experiences with either one of these brands. I am confident that our readers will want to hear feedback from other consumers on these pools!