There is nothing as sweet as having a refreshing, relaxing bath after a hectic day at work. Having a topnotch whirlpool can help you get this luxurious experience. Do you want to know, what is the best whirlpool tubs consumer reports?
In this review, you will get more information about the best whirlpool tubs you can get in the market and a buying guide to help you select the best that will suit your needs.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Whirlpool Tub
Table of Contents
- 1 Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Whirlpool Tub
- 2 Top 10 Whirlpool Tubs
- 2.1 1. Woodbridge B-0034/BTS1611 Water-Jetted and Air Bubble Freestanding Bathtub, Whirlpool Tub
- 2.2 2. Woodbridge B-0030/BTS1606 67 Water-Jetted and Air Bubble Freestanding Bathtub
- 2.3 3. Woodbridge 67″ Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub Contemporary Soaking Tub
- 2.4 4. American Standard 2772018W.021 Cadet Whirlpool with Hydro Massage System
- 2.5 5. American Standard 7236V002.020 Evolution Deep Soaking Tub
- 2.6 6. American Standard 2774018W.020 Cadet Whirlpool with Hydro Massage System
- 2.7 7. American Standard 2425VC-RHO.020 Evolution Right-Hand Outlet Whirlpool Bath
- 2.8 8. Ariel Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub
- 2.9 9. American Standard 2422VC.020 Evolution 5-Feet by 32-Inch Deep Soak Whirlpool
- 2.10 10. American Standard 2771VC.020 Evolution 5-Feet by 36-Inch Deep Soak Whirlpool Bath Tub
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
When it comes to selecting the best whirlpool tub, there are certain factors you must take into consideration.
Alcove: You can place this type into an alcove, the advantage the alcove design is that it helps to maximize space
Freestanding: It mostly consumes much space because it is not attached to any wall.
Drop-in: This also requires more space in your bathroom. It gives a design similar to a spa.
Walk-in: It has a door that can be opened and closed to walk in and out of the tub.
The overall design you select is dependent on your choice and preference.
The types of whirlpool tubs depend on the kind of jets used. There are three common types of jets used: water jet, air-jet, or a combination.
Air jet: This type of whirlpool tubs uses jets of air to circulate and push the bubbles around the water. It comes with variable jets well positioned to massage you while you relax in the pool.
Water jet: This type of whirlpool tub mostly has more jumbo jets for pushing water. The water is recirculated to give you the same effect as the air jet. The jets are also adjustable.
Combination: Most whirlpool tubs have a combination of both water and air-jet. This gives you the option to choose which of the jets you want to bath with at every given time.
The best whirlpool tubs are the ones that have an inline heater system for heating water. You must note that not all tubs come with an inline heater. Therefore, you must always ensure that you cross-check to see if the one you want to buy has an inline heater; otherwise, you will be forced to buy it differently.
The size of the whirlpool tub you buy will depend on the space you have in your bathroom. Bathtubs are available in different shapes and sizes. Still, the size of your bathroom might not be able to accommodate all. Therefore, ensure that you consider the size of your bathroom when making a selection.
There are three common material types used in constructing whirlpool tubs; these include cast iron, acrylic, and fiberglass
Acrylic: This is mostly lightweight and easy to clean. It has a glossy finish, although it scratches and discolors quickly.
Cast iron: They are durable and heavy. They are highly expensive because they resist scratching, chipping, and chemical change.
Fiberglass: They are generally inexpensive, portable and lack the durability of cast iron and acrylic.
Top 10 Whirlpool Tubs
1. Woodbridge B-0034/BTS1611 Water-Jetted and Air Bubble Freestanding Bathtub, Whirlpool Tub
One of the things you’ll love about this whirlpool tub is the fact that it is a freestanding bathtub. It comes with ten whirlpool bubble jets and ten adjustable body massage jets well-tailored to give you the best luxury experience. This topnotch brand is worth every dime you pay. It has an excellent design.
The brand Woodbridge is a household name and a reputable name when it comes to high-quality bathroom and kitchen products with exceptional designs, and this Woodbridge whirlpool is not an exception.
- Excellent construction and elegant design
- Retains heat more
- It is from a reputable brand with CSA and UPC certifications
- Excellent customer support system
- It is portable for its size
- It is easy to install
- Some customers have experienced leaks and drainage issues
2. Woodbridge B-0030/BTS1606 67 Water-Jetted and Air Bubble Freestanding Bathtub
This is another exceptional topnotch model from the Woodbridge brand. One of the significant attributes that stands this amazing Woodbridge tub out is the pipe system and anti-leak design, which is highly durable and anti-odor. It is super easy to install. Also, the innovative construction is worth commending; it allows the pump to provide unwavering support and a high level of hydro massage without any external influence.
This water jetted whirlpool tub is a perfect choice for all homeowners who wish to invest in a whirlpool that is less expensive yet with high quality and features.
- Expansive S-curve design
- Unique water jetted bubble bath jets
- It does not require much external power
- The quality is perfect for the money
- Variable change in price
- Faulty drainage system
3. Woodbridge 67″ Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub Contemporary Soaking Tub
The quality of whirlpool tubs produced by Woodbridge is second to none. This exceptional model is constructed out of high-quality materials rarely used by other brands because of how expensive they are. The materials include 100% white Lucite acrylic high gloss and Ashland resin/fiberglass.
Because of the quality of materials used in its construction, it is highly durable and can comfortably accommodate 1-2 persons at the same time. Other amazing features worth mentioning are the pipe system, which is anti-odor and the anti-leak design, which is exceptional.
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- It has a premium quality construction
- It is highly durable
- Package included
- It comes with a 5-year warranty
- It is perfect for two people
- The drainage becomes faulty quickly
4. American Standard 2772018W.021 Cadet Whirlpool with Hydro Massage System
If you are the kind of person that doesn’t want to invest so much on a whirlpool but still want high quality, then you might want to consider this American Standard whirlpool. It is a flawless combination of durability and sophistication.
The deep tub can be easily under mounted. The floor is slip-free, and there is an additional fitted armrest construction designed to give you the best comfort. It also comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Standard 36″ deep interior
- Worth the price
- The tub surface inhibits stains and mildew
- Comes with heater connection
- It requires installation because it is not a freestanding tub
5. American Standard 7236V002.020 Evolution Deep Soaking Tub
This classic whirlpool tub is designed with high-quality acrylic that retains heater better than other acrylic bathtubs of the same category. It comes with a fitted backrest and armrest intended to give you the comfort you deserve. It is highly durable
The bath is one of the easiest whirlpool bathtubs to maintain and clean. All thanks to its exceptional, innovative design and technology.
- Top-rated whirlpool bathtub
- Fast delivery
- The water jet is adjustable
- Easy to clean
- Fitted support for your arms and back
- It is relatively short and narrow
- Does not come with heater connection
6. American Standard 2774018W.020 Cadet Whirlpool with Hydro Massage System
This standard Cadet by American standard is an exclusive massage whirlpool tub and has a customized whirlpool system for therapeutic water-jet massage. One of the critical attributes that stand this bathtub out is the fact that the water-jet massage system is more hygienic than other brands; it is a technology used by American Standard only.
If you want a whirlpool bathtub that offers you the highest level of relaxation, then the Standard Cadet Whirlpool might be the perfect choice for you.
- Exclusive cleaning system
- Outstanding massaging options
- Fiberglass reinforcement
- Does not come with additional features (customizable water flow, LED lights)
- Does not come with the faucet
7. American Standard 2425VC-RHO.020 Evolution Right-Hand Outlet Whirlpool Bath
When it comes to whirlpool baths that are large, spacious, and lengthy, none can compare to the American Standard 2771VC.020 Evolution. It comes with a length of 6 ft, except for cases where you have space limitations. But no one will like to bath with small bathtubs, especially when there are spacious and comfortable brands like Evolution.
- Customized eight jet system
- Dual molded-in arms rest for ultimate comfort
- 6 feet length
- Perfect for two people
- It does not come with “Deep Soak Max Drain,” needed for the installation. Hence you have to buy it separately
8. Ariel Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub
One of the significant features that stand Ariel Platinum out is its freestanding design. It is a new model bathtub that comes with an elegant design that fits into any bathroom décor easily when installed. If you are searching for a whirlpool tub that can accommodate two people comfortably, then this might just be perfect for you.
This bathtub comes with other exciting features like Bluetooth connectivity, high-quality speakers, and in-built FM radio to give you the best experience as you relax.
- Comes with high-quality speakers, in-built radio and Bluetooth connectivity
- Easy setup and operation
- The quality is perfect for the money
- Can accommodate two persons comfortably
- Excellent customer support
- Poor installation manual
- It is challenging to replace faulty parts
9. American Standard 2422VC.020 Evolution 5-Feet by 32-Inch Deep Soak Whirlpool
This American Standard 2422VC.020 Evolution is a fantastic model made with high-quality acrylic bathtub materials. If you are looking for a Deep soak whirlpool tub that perfectly fits your configuration, this whirlpool tub might be the best choice for you.
- It comes with a detachable access panel and integrated apron
- Easy operation and installation
- It is hygienic and keeps your tube clean for long
- It has an eight-jet customizable hydro massage system
- The on/off switch is hard to reach (it is located at the back)
- It does not come with a heater system; you have to buy it differently
10. American Standard 2771VC.020 Evolution 5-Feet by 36-Inch Deep Soak Whirlpool Bath Tub
The American Standard Evolution whirlpool bathtub series come in different sizes and model. The Standard 2771VC.020 Evolution is one of the narrowest and is suitable for smaller spaces.
It comes with colored jets that blend with the color of the bathtub itself, thus providing a clean and serene environment for your relaxation and bathing activities. It comes with eight jets with different speeds
- Eight jets of variable speeds
- The acrylic tub that comes with reinforcement (fiberglass)
- Fitted design
- It has an Ever-clean coating surface for protection against bacteria spread
- Not wide enough to accommodate two people
- It does not come with Deep Soak Drain
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who Makes the Best Whirlpool Tubs?
A: When it comes to the manufactures known for producing the best whirlpool tubs that beat all standard, you can always trust the American Standard and Woodbridge brands. However, other manufacturers also provide high-quality bathtubs. But these two brands have a track record of consistently manufacturing durable products.
Q: How to Clean Whirlpool Tubs?
A: The process of cleaning whirlpool is simple, although it depends on the jet tub used. Jetted whirlpool tubs mostly accumulate soap scum and other junks. Therefore, you need to use some exclusive cleaning products to help get rid of the stubborn biofilms that accumulate in the plumbing and jets.
Use the following steps to clean your whirlpool tubs:
- Flush the pipe
- Turn off the electricity
- Drain the water
- Remove and clean the filter
- Wash the shell surface using a cleaning solution
- Clean all stains, water sports, and lines
- Rinse and wipe the tube
- Check and clean the hot tub cover.
Q: How Do Whirlpool Tubs Work?
A: Whirlpool tubs are mostly powered by electricity. There is a control switch that is used to turn the whirlpool tub on and off. Some have non-electrical controls also.
When you push the control button to turn the whirlpool on or off, you are creating a puff air that activates the whirlpool motor.
The whirlpool tub works by pulling water from the tub via intake valves, pushing it through the tubes, and flowing it back through the jets.
After an intense survey and research, we have compiled the best whirlpool tub brands you can find in 2020. We are fully convinced that with the relevant details we provided about each product, it will be easy for you to select the best bathtub that will give you the best experience.