Best toilet safety rails are also referred to as bathroom safety frames. These are invaluable assistance devices for the elderly or individuals suffering from mobility impairments. Most toilet safety rails are installed over or under the toilet and provide strong, stable hand rails to allow you to sit down and stand up easily from the toilet.
Top 7 Best Toilet Safety Rails
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 7 Best Toilet Safety Rails
- 1.1 1. OasisSpace Standalone Adjustable Toilet Safety Rail
- 1.2 2. Vaunn Deluxe Bathroom Adjustable Safety Toilet Rail
- 1.3 3. Vaunn Adjustable Height Toilet Rail Grab Bar And Safety Frame Handle
- 1.4 4. UpZoneUS Standalone Toilet Safety Grab Rail Frame with Adjustable Height
- 1.5 5. SUKONG Toilet Rail Safety Frame with Adjustable Height
- 1.6 6. North American Health and Wellness Deluxe Toilet Safety Support
- 1.7 7. HUKOER Bathroom Toilet Safety Frame Rail
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions About Toilet Safety Rails
- 3 Conclusion
There are a couple of things to consider before selecting a toilet safety frame. Some frames are portable and can be used elsewhere in the home. Other styles must be attached directly to the toilet and remain there until you physically uninstall it. Here are some reviews of different safety rails to give you ideas on the many styles that are available.
1. OasisSpace Standalone Adjustable Toilet Safety Rail
The OasisSpace adjustable toilet safety rail provides a stable support for the elderly or individuals with limited mobility to sit and stand at the toilet. This safety rail prevents slips and falls common in the bathroom, especially for seniors and anyone recovering from a surgery.
The OasisSpace safety rail is constructed with a corrosion-resistant aluminum frame and can support up to 300-pounds. You can adjust the handle height from 24-inches up to 31-inches making this a useful safety frame for everyone. This toilet safety rail is foldable so you can store it away when it is not being used.
The toilet handrails are padded with soft textured rubber providing a comfortable non-slip surface. Each outside leg has a non-skid tip for added stability. If you are searching for a sturdy safety frame for your bathroom, OasisSpace provides an economic option to meet your needs!
- Adjustable height from 24-inches up to 31-inches
- Supports up to 300-pounds
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame
- Handrails are padded with soft textured rubber
- Bar across the back pushes the toilet lid forward on some toilets
- Difficult to adjust the height which makes it cumbersome for multiple users in the same household
2. Vaunn Deluxe Bathroom Adjustable Safety Toilet Rail
This free-standing bathroom toilet safety frame is an ideal safety support for the elderly. It provides a stable support system to prevent slips and falls while sitting down or standing up from the toilet.
This toilet safety rail was designed with safety as the priority. The heavy-duty metal steel frame can support up to 300-pounds and the anti-slip padded handles ensure users have a firm and secure grip.
The height of the safety frame can be adjusted between 27.5-inches up to 33-inches. It’s portable and easy to use and fits all types of toilets. There are no tools required to put this frame together. It even folds up to provide compact storage when the frame is not being used. This toilet safety frame is a budget-friendly option for everyone.
- Heavy-duty metal steel frame
- Supports up to 300-pounds
- Height adjusts from 27.5-inches up to 33-inches
- Portable and folds up for compact storage
- Space between the arms is very narrow for larger individuals
3. Vaunn Adjustable Height Toilet Rail Grab Bar And Safety Frame Handle
This free-standing bathroom safety frame from Vaunn provides a stable support for users when they sit or stand from the toilet. The unique design of this safety frame has a bar at the base of the frame near the floor. This prevents you from struggling with the lid seat falling forward due to a bar being positioned behind you at the back of the toilet.
The new patented height adjustable feature allows you to customize the height of the frame between 24-inches and 29-inches. To prevent the frame from tipping forward, you must be sure you center your hands in the middle of the grab bars and push downwards instead of forwards. This ensures even weight distribution.
This safety frame from Vaunn measures 28-inches wide and is 19-inches deep. It’s portable design allows you to use it as a rising aid and stability bar anywhere in your house!
- Includes a handy magazine rack
- Easy to assemble
- Adjustable height from 24-inches to 29-inches
- Cross bar is positioned at the floor instead of behind the toilet seat lid
- Not all toilets can support a fixed-width frame so measure your space carefully
4. UpZoneUS Standalone Toilet Safety Grab Rail Frame with Adjustable Height
This toilet safety frame is built of high-quality anti-corrosive aluminum alloy for long-lasting performance. The frame bolts directly to your toilet with an aluminum plate that fits between the toilet seat and the toilet base.
The frame height is adjustable up to 31.9-inches and can support a weight capacity of 330-pounds. The handles rotate back to allow a wide range of comfortable secure positions. This safety frame is not portable but provides the stability needed to ensure you are able to sit down and stand up safely from the toilet.
- Constructed from high-quality anti-corrosive aluminum alloy
- Frame bolts directly to the toilet for home
- Adjustable height up to 31.9-inches
- Supports up to 330-pounds
- Safety frame is not portable
- Requires assembly
5. SUKONG Toilet Rail Safety Frame with Adjustable Height
This toilet safety frame from SUKONG fits all standard toilets. The rail handle width is easily adjustable and ranges from 21.5-inches up to 26-inches. You can adjust the height between 25.5-inches to 30-inches. Each leg is capped with an anti-slip tip for additional safety and stability.
The safety frame can support weight up to 220-pounds. It is not portable and must be securely attached to the toilet by using the existing toilet seat bolts. The rail handles are padded with a soft foam which provides a comfortable, non-slip surface for a secure grip.
If you or a loved one needs additional stability in the bathroom, consider this toilet safety frame. The easy tool-free installation will ensure you are on your way to a safer bathroom experience in just minutes.
- Supports up to 220-pounds
- Adjustable handrail width and height
- Soft foam padding on the handrails
- Safety frame is not portable
6. North American Health and Wellness Deluxe Toilet Safety Support
The North American Health and Wellness toilet safety frame provides optimal support while sitting down and standing up from the toilet. It includes non-slip padding to prevent skidding and can support a maximum weight of up to 300-pounds.
This safety frame is ideal for the elderly or those with limited mobility. Unlike other safety frames, this product has a stability bar at the base of the frame instead of behind the toilet seat. To ensure an equal weight distribution, center your hands in the middle of the grab bars and push downwards when using the safety rail. This will prevent the frame from tipping forward.
- Supports weight up to 300-pounds
- Includes non-slip padding to prevent skidding
- Includes stability bar at the base of the frame instead of behind the toilet seat
- Handrail cushions are made of low-grade foam
7. HUKOER Bathroom Toilet Safety Frame Rail
The HUKOER toilet safety frame has a unique inverted triangle design which provides more ergonomic stability. The base of the frame has a curved design to eliminate the standard front crossbar seen with most safety frames.
This elegant safety frame has solid wooden handles to provide a classy look for this bathroom accessory. The frame is portable and you can remove the handrails for convenient storage when the frame is not in use.
This toilet frame can support up to 300-pounds of weight. It includes rubber pads on the bottom to prevent any scrapes or scratches on the floor. This is an economic choice for a safety frame and will help provide the extra stability needed for those with limited mobility.
- Unique inverted triangle design
- Rounded base design eliminates the front crossbar
- Supports up to 300-pounds
- Solid wood handrails
- Easy to assemble
- Although it is portable, it is not usable anywhere else in the home
Frequently Asked Questions About Toilet Safety Rails
Toilet safety rails are an essential item for the elderly or individuals with limited mobility. Here are some additional things to consider before you decide which product to buy.
How To Install Toilet Safety Rails?
Many toilet safety rails are free-standing and portable. However, there are many safety rails that require you to attach the product directly to the toilet. In this type of installation, the safety rail typically has a metal bracket that is placed between the toilet lid and the toilet bowl. The existing bolts that are used for the toilet seat are re-used to sandwich the safety frame bracket between the seat and the bowl.
This allows the safety rail to be permanently attached to the toilet. If you need to move the toilet safety rail, you have to uninstall it from the toilet.
How To Clean Toilet Safety Rails?
It is not difficult to clean toilet safety rails. If the product is a free-standing safety rail, then you can move it away from the toilet easily and use any type of sanitizing cleaner to wipe down the safety rail completely. It is recommended that safety rails are cleaned at least once a week to minimize the spread of germs and growth of any bacteria.
If you have a safety rail that is bolted directly to the toilet, cleaning it is a little more difficult. You can either unbolt the safety rail from the toilet to move it out of the way and give you more cleaning space, or you can choose to just clean it in place. Either way, be sure you do this at least once a week and sanitize the safety rail completely to prevent the spread of unwanted germs.
Toilet safety rails come in many sizes, shapes and styles. Some are portable and can be used elsewhere in the house. Other styles are attached directly to the toilet and cannot be moved. Determine what your needs are for you or your loved one. If you want added mobility with support, then consider a portable toilet safety rail. Otherwise, a more permanent solution may be just right for you!