Having plumbing issues with your toilet can get upsetting, and the reason is obvious. When you desperately need to answer nature’s call, the last thing you want before or after is unsightly sewage or water flooding.
This is where a good toilet repair kit comes in. So, what is the best toilet repair kit to buy, you ask. Here’s a list of our favorites. Follow through.
7 Best Toilet Repair
Table of Contents
- 1 7 Best Toilet Repair
- 1.1 1. Fluidmaster 400AKRP10 Universal, All In One, Complete Toilet Tank Repair Kit
- 1.2 2. DANCO Universal Toilet Tank Repair Kit
- 1.3 3. Fluidmaster 400ARHRKP10 PerforMAX Universal All-in-One Toilet Repair Kit
- 1.4 4. Next By Danco HyrdroRight Universal Water-Saving Toilet Repair Kit
- 1.5 5. Kohler 84499 1B1X Conversion Kit
- 1.6 6. DANCO Coast Mark IV Anti-Siphon Ballcock Toilet Tank Repair Kit
- 1.7 7. Next by Danco HWK130 HydroFit Total Premium Repair/Upgrade Kit
- 2 Conclusion
1. Fluidmaster 400AKRP10 Universal, All In One, Complete Toilet Tank Repair Kit
The Fluidmaster 400AKRP10 Universal repair kit is a great choice if you’re thinking of getting a repair kit. It features a universal design that fits most toilets, and comes with a 400A toilet fill valve which is easily adjustable from 9″ to 14″.
If you’re trying to cut down on the water bill, you’ll find its PerforMAX 2″ adjustable water saving flapper to be useful. If you also struggle with broken valves, rejoice! It is perfect for ineffective fill and flush valves, leaky flappers, and broken handles.
What’s more, if you aren’t tech-savvy, you’ll still be able to install this if you follow the simple instructions.
- Sure-fit chrome tank lever
- Universal design
- Suitable for two-inch flush valve toilets
- An adjustable toilet fill valve
- Comes with adjustable water-saving toilet flapper
- Light handle
2. DANCO Universal Toilet Tank Repair Kit
Looking for a toilet kit that takes the work off your shoulders? Then you might as well try the DANCO Universal Toilet Tank Repair Kit. This is a product with minimalist but functional design.
It comes with tools like an adapter, spring, floats with a rod, and ballcock with a refill tube. Its set of tools helps to ensure an easy installation process. It also comes in durable construction and a metal arm. It also offers a single flush application.
- Metal arm to prevent float rod from breaking
- Universal flapper
- Ease of installation
- Ballcock with refill tube
- Single-flush application
- Complex instructional manual
3. Fluidmaster 400ARHRKP10 PerforMAX Universal All-in-One Toilet Repair Kit
A lot of DIYers will agree that the Fluidmaster brand is one worth trying out. The Fluidmaster 400ARHRKP10 PerforMAX Universal All-in-One Toilet Repair Kit is another one from Fluidmaster that works its way into our list.
If you want to tackle a weak flush, leakage, slow-filling, or noisy toilet, then you may consider this item. It boasts a sturdy flapper frame, which will prevent twisting and eliminate ghost flushing. It is easy to install and is chlorine and hard-water resistant.
- Chlorine and hard-water resistant
- Ease of installation
- Flapper’s solid frame cancels out twisting and ghost flushing
- Ideal for all brands
- Designed to only fit toilets with 2″ flush valves
4. Next By Danco HyrdroRight Universal Water-Saving Toilet Repair Kit
This Danco HydroRight repair kit helps you optimize the water usage of your toilet with its dual-flush function. The HyrdroRight Universal Water-Saving Toilet Repair Kit features a quick-flush setting, and so, less water is used for liquids and toilet papers while its full-flush button releases the right volume for solids.
It features a flapper-less construction, so you don’t have to worry about tangled chains and leaking or worn-out flappers. It also boasts a smart detection feature that detects and signals you when there is a leakage.
It gets even better. It doesn’t require any tools whatsoever to install, nor does it require you to remove your tank before installation.
Despite all of its innovative features, this item is compatible with standard flush valves excluding Mansfield toilets, though.
- Chlorine and chemical resistant
- Tech-savvy leakage detection
- It helps save water
- No-tools installation
- Not compatible with Mansfield toilets
5. Kohler 84499 1B1X Conversion Kit
The Kohler 84499 1B1X Conversion Kit item debuts on our list for a good reason. It replaces the typical bowl fill function with a metered rim feed, which washes the bowl and then fills it automatically.
Even more, it comes with a series of extras like a flush valve, a fill valve, a flapper, and a gasket. Another winning point when it comes to this kit is the fact that it can be used with older style one-piece toilets as well.
- Rim feed which washes and fills up
- Suitable for use with older style one-piece toilets
- The tank comes with several useful components
- Only suitable for Kohler one-piece toilets
6. DANCO Coast Mark IV Anti-Siphon Ballcock Toilet Tank Repair Kit
Looking to cut down your interaction with your plumber? Then you might as well check out the DANCO Coast Mark IV Anti-Siphon Ballcock Toilet Tank Repair Kit. This one-piece design is simple without sacrificing utility.
With its anti-siphon ball-cock, it helps you save water, and inadvertently, money. It is made of durable plastic to ensure it lasts you the while. Its anti-siphon ballcock will replace any of the Mark IV models. Finally, its plastic construction boasts of unrivaled durability.
- Kit includes a flapper, a float, and tank lever
- Becomes 12″ high when fully installed
- Ease of installation
- Ballcock feature helps to save water and money
- Durable plastic construction
- Weak flapper
7. Next by Danco HWK130 HydroFit Total Premium Repair/Upgrade Kit
Last but certainly not least, is this state-of-the-art Danco number. The Next by Danco HWK130 HydroFit Total Premium Repair/Upgrade Kit will give you great value for your money. With its Hydroclean jet filler feature, it detects leaks and cleans the tank.
Also, it comes with a Hydroforce adjustable flapper made to fit almost any kind of toilet. It comes with three bolts and a big seal for securing the tank to the base.
Its water-adjustment feature is great as it helps you adjust the water level in the tank. You can also lock the float into place to avoid flushing mistakenly when making an adjustment.
- Jet filler feature
- HydroClean fill valve helps to discover leaks and cleans the tank
- Compatible with a wide range of WaterSense toilets; American Standard, Kohler, Briggs, etc.
- Exceptional adjustable flapper performance
- Made of thin plastic
Having gone through our list of best rated toilet repair kits, you should be able to make a more informed choice of which one to settle for.
You should be aiming for one that features an innovative water-saving system, a functional one, and one with a leak-detector feature. That being said, any option on this list will just be perfect in your home to get you started.