We are all too familiar with clog problems. I mean these days, almost everything seems to lead to clogs where drains are concerned. This can be a real stress if you have to wait it out or keep calling the plumbing man.
If you’re looking for a quick DIY way to go about handling clogs, then I suggest you consider augers or “plumbing snakes” as they are popularly called. Today I’ll be answering the question, what is the best toilet auger for home use?
6 Best Toilet Auger
Table of Contents
- 1 6 Best Toilet Auger
- 2 Frequently Asked Question
- 3 Conclusions
1. Rigid 59787 K-3 Toilet Auger
The Rigid 59787 K-3 Toilet Auger works like magic when it comes to dealing with clogs in toilets. It features a large ergonomically designed handle for a firm grip. Its tube is also corrosion resistant making it ideal for toilet use.
This three-foot plumbing snake features a ½” (12.7mm) toilet auger snake that is very durable and kink-resistant. Its strong compression-wrapped inner core cable has three different wrappings around the central core to aid in the removal of tough blockages.
- Vinyl guard for porcelain protection
- Durable, kink-resistant strong compression-wrapped inner core
- 12.7mm toilet auger snake
- Its dimensions are 44.0”L x 7.0”W x 2.5”H
- Negotiate water-conserving
- Heavy-duty construction
- No obvious disadvantage
2. Rigid 59802 K-6 DH Toilet Auger
The Rigid 59802 K-6 DH Toilet Auger is one toilet auger that is built for strength. Its sturdy construction ensures that this tool remains in good shape even after multiple uses. It comes with a vinyl guard to prevent causing cosmetic damages to your delicate porcelain toilet.
It is well suited for clearing out roots, stoppages, rags, and even sticks. Its kink-resistant cable ensures that it doesn’t loop-up while in use. This auger can also be used to clean the sides of the pipes in your home after you’ve passed them through smaller augers.
- Easy and convenient Snap-on attachment cable
- Anti-kink cables
- Vinyl guard to prevent chipping of your porcelain
- Clears out rags, sticks, stoppages, and roots
- The vinyl guard doesn’t absolutely protect your porcelain from scratches
3. Cobra Products 670398 Toilet Auger
When you think heavy-duty plumbing tool, think Cobra Products 670398 Toilet Auger. This toilet auger boasts of functionality and durability. More so, you don’t need to have any knowledge of plumbing to get this tool working for you.
It is very easy to install and convenient to use. It features a 3/8” by 3-feet high carbon spring wire, which goes deep down to clear your clogged toilets. It also comes with a poly safety tube which is intended to prevent the auger from leaving scratch marks on your precious porcelain.
- Molded plastic turning handle
- 3/8” by 3-feet high carbon spring wire
- Manufactured in china
- Poly safety tube to prevent damage to your porcelain
- Easy installation and handling
- The cable tends to kink if care isn’t taken
4. Fommen 6 Pack Clog Remover
The Fommen 6 Pack Clog Remover is a holistic tool if there ever was one. Included in your purchase is one pack 24” stainless steel solid line in a water snake catcher, three-pack 19.6” orange plastic drain cleaner, one pack 24.5” cleaning brush, and one pack 39.3” metal sewer cleaner.
This clog remover set is very cost-effective as you don’t have to bother buying these items separately. You can easily alternate these clog removers while switching to the one that meets your preferred choice.
- Six set clog remover
- Sewer hair catcher
- Suitable for use in tubs, toilets, pipes, sewers, and sinks
- Non-toxic clog remover
- Different augers perfect for snaking different drains and sinks
- Toilet auger might isn’t as long as some of the others on this list
5. Rigid K-6P (56658) 6ft. Toilet Auger
The Rigid K-6P (56658) 6ft. Toilet Auger is one heavy-duty auger that gets the job done. Its heavy-duty cable and bulb head works like a double-edged sword to ensure that even the toughest of clogs are dealt with.
It features a quick-lock adjustment, which helps to extend cable length to as much as six feet. Its zinc plated steel tubing attachment is corrosion-resistant, making it a worthy investment. Also, its vinyl cover keeps your porcelain free from scratches while you plunge.
- Vinyl cover prevents porcelain from scratching
- Corrosion-resistant zinc plated steel tubing
- Quick-lock adjustment for extending cable up to six feet
- Optional drill operation helps to unclog toilets
- No obvious disadvantage
6. Rigid 59797 K-6 Toilet Auger
Finally, making our list is the Rigid 59797 K-6 Toilet Auger. Sincerely, before you call your plumber, make sure you’ve given this auger a trial. This auger comes with a vinyl guard to protect your porcelain from scratches while at work.
This six-foot auger comes with kink-resistant cable. Making it easier to work without fear of it looping. Its large ergonomic handle is very firm on the hand and non-slip.
- Corrosion-resistant tubes
- Ergonomic handles
- Vinyl guard to protect the porcelain
- Compression wrapped inner core and bulb auger
- Kink-resistant cables
- No obvious disadvantage
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Where to Buy a Toilet Auger?
A: A decent toilet auger can be gotten from any physical hardware store. You could also get one from online stores like Amazon or Walmart.
Q: How Does a Toilet Auger Work?
A: Just like regular drain snakes, the toilet auger works by rotating the cable by the handle. Doing so allows it to move deep down into the drain by a screwing action. Usually, the auger is long enough to reach the problem area.
Once it reaches the clogged area, you’ll normally notice some kind of resistance. The toilet auger forces through the clog and pushes it. After taking out your auger, the clog becomes able to flush onward into the drainage.
You might need to flush multiple times to clear out the clog completely. The good thing with toilet augers is that unlike drain snakes, you don’t have to fear scratches on your porcelain when your unclogging activity is over.
Q: How to Clean an Auger?
- Get a bucket of hot soapy water
- Pour one cup of bleach into the water per each gallon
- Take out the bucket and auger to where your garden hose is located
- Place your auger on the ground
- Wet and scrub the auger with a bristle brush with the soapy water
- Do the same for the flexible hose and plastic tube
- Spray the auger using a garden hose and wipe dry using a clean towel
- Empty the bucket, disinfect and spray your brush and bucket.
- Store them safely for later use
Without much doubt, taking care of your plumbing by getting a toilet auger will cut down on cost. But taking a casual stroll in the market without having a particular brand or product in mind can leave you confused.
In this list, I’ve listed the best of the best toilet auger available for purchase. You’re free to choose what works for you!