At the end of a long day, a relaxing shower can be a perfect way to wind down for the evening. When you are ready to take a shower, the last thing you want to worry about is a shower curtain that won’t stay in place. Although not all tension shower curtain rods are created equal, you can find one that will fit your needs and personality.
Top 8 Best Tension Shower Rods
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 8 Best Tension Shower Rods
- 1.1 1. AmazonBasics Black Tension Shower Curtain Rod 24 to 36-Inches
- 1.2 2. BRIOFOX Stainless Steel Tension Shower Curtain Rod 26 to 42-Inches
- 1.3 3. Zenna Home White Tension Shower Curtain Rod 43 to 72-Inches
- 1.4 4. ALLZONE Heavy Duty Tension Shower Curtain Rod 28 to 41-Inches
- 1.5 5. Vailge Black Tension Shower Curtain Rod 28 to 43-Inches
- 1.6 6. BEOKREU Adjustable Tension Rod Shower Curtain 13 to 19-Inches
- 1.7 7. JimmLoo Stainless Steel Tension Shower Curtain Rod 40 to 72-Inches
- 1.8 8. Amazer White Spring Tension Curtain Rod 42 to 72-Inches
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions About Tension Shower Rods
- 3 Conclusion
A tension shower rod not only serves a functional purpose, but it also contributes to the look of your bathroom. There are many styles, textures and finishes available for tension shower curtain rods. To help you narrow down the options, we have shared reviews of our favorite shower curtain rods below.
1. AmazonBasics Black Tension Shower Curtain Rod 24 to 36-Inches
This shower curtain rod from AmazonBasics is simple to set up with no tools required. It’s sleek contemporary style will blend in with your existing bathroom decor.
This adjustable-length rod expands by twisting the right side towards you and the left side away from you. You can expand this shower curtain rod from 24-inches up to 36-inches in length. It will always provide a consistent tension for a tight and secure fit.
Backed by AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty, this attractive and affordable shower curtain rod will give you a hassle-free fixture to complement your bathroom.
- Wide range of adjustable sizes from 24-inches up to 36-inches
- Sleek black finish
- 1-year limited warranty
- Tension doesn’t stay tight at the full extended length
2. BRIOFOX Stainless Steel Tension Shower Curtain Rod 26 to 42-Inches
This beautiful stainless steel tension shower rod from BRIOFOX has a corrosion-resistant premium finish guaranteed not to rust. This tension rod can be installed on smooth walls and on porous or rough surfaces. It will support a weight of up to 20-pounds.
The tension spring in this curtain rod is very strong and holds tightly in position. It is easy to install and is priced economically. This will add a classic style to your bathroom and give you long-lasting functionality for years to come.
- Extends from 26-inches to 42-inches
- Stainless steel finish
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion
- Supports up to 20-pounds
- The end caps are plastic and not stainless steel which causes possible color mismatches
3. Zenna Home White Tension Shower Curtain Rod 43 to 72-Inches
The Zenna adjustable-length tension curtain rod is designed to fit all standard bathtub sizes. With TwistTight installation, you do not need any tools or drills to install this shower curtain rod. Simply extend the pole to the proper length for your space and twist it to keep it securely in place.
This curtain rod can support weight up to 30-pounds and is made in the USA. It is constructed with steel rods and non-marring end caps. Upgrade the appearance of your bathroom in minutes with the Zenna Home shower rod!
- Fits standard bathtubs from 44-inches up to 72-inches
- Supports up to 30-pounds
- Constructed of steel rods and non-marring end caps
- Curtain rod tends to fall down when installed on slick surfaces such as tile
4. ALLZONE Heavy Duty Tension Shower Curtain Rod 28 to 41-Inches
This ALLZONE curtain rod uses a unique button feature to lock the rod into position. This ensures that the curtain rod does not lose its tension or falls down after a short time.
This curtain rod can support weights of up to 20-pounds. It can be installed on smooth or rough surfaces and is especially ideal for tile walls. No drills or tools are needed to install this shower curtain rod. Simply extend the rod 2-inches longer than the installation space. Then press the silver button and lock the rod position in its proper place.
This shower curtain rod will fit openings from 28-inches up to 41-inches in length. This white shower curtain rod will blend in perfectly with your existing bathroom decor.
- Uses a unique button locking feature to secure the width of the curtain rod
- Supports up to 20-pounds
- Fits openings from 28-inches up to 41-inches
- It is weak in the middle when extended to full length
5. Vailge Black Tension Shower Curtain Rod 28 to 43-Inches
If you are searching for a simple yet elegant shower curtain rod for your bathroom, consider the Vailge Black shower curtain rod. It uses a button design to lock the curtain rod into position at a specific length with an extra strong hold.
The rod uses spring loaded tension and has strong rubber end grips to protect your bathroom walls. You can adjust this curtain rod from a length of 28-inches up to 43-inches. Vailge provides a lifetime warranty on this product which makes this a risk-free choice for your bathroom.
- Extends from 28-inches up to 43-inches
- Uses a button design to lock the length in place
- Lifetime warranty
- Not tightly secure when extended to the full length
6. BEOKREU Adjustable Tension Rod Shower Curtain 13 to 19-Inches
This adjustable tension rod is 100% safe to use and does not bow in the middle when it is extended to the full length. The rod can bear up to 20-pounds of weight and uses a lock in place technology to secure the rod between your bathroom walls.
You can use this curtain rod on all surfaces including ceramic, wallpaper, and even wood. The silver rod has white accents and will blend in with all your existing bathroom decor. This rod only extends up to 19-inches in length making it perfect for smaller spaces.
- Does not bend in the middle
- Supports up to 20-pounds
- Extends from 13-inches up to 19-inches
- Curtain rod is made for compact spaces only
7. JimmLoo Stainless Steel Tension Shower Curtain Rod 40 to 72-Inches
This beautiful stainless steel shower curtain rod is easy to install and includes large rubber suction cups on the end. The end caps have strong suction which prevents the shower curtain rod from sliding off the wall.
This shower curtain rod can expand from 40-inches up to 76-inches in length. The curtain rod is rust-resistant and easy to clean. This is an economic choice for your bathroom shower curtain rod needs.
- Stainless steel finish
- Expands from 40-inches up to 72-inches
- End caps have strong suction to secure the rod to the wall
- End caps are made of plastic and not stainless steel causing possible color mismatches
8. Amazer White Spring Tension Curtain Rod 42 to 72-Inches
This Amazer spring tension curtain rod fits most shower stalls. You can extend its length from 42-inches up to 72-inches. The end of the shower curtain rod is detachable allowing you to install the appropriate shower curtain and hooks.
The chip-resistant white surface blends in with your bathroom decor. The easy to install curtain rod does not require tools, cutting or drilling to install it. It can be installed on any surface including glass, tile, wood and wallpaper.
- Expands from 42-inches up to 72-inches
- Chip-resistant surface
- Easy to install
- Does not support much weight
Frequently Asked Questions About Tension Shower Rods
It is frustrating when a tension shower curtain rod falls off the wall and will not stay in place. Since most of us spend time in the shower almost every day, we don’t want to rehang our curtain every time before our shower.
It is important to understand how to install a tension shower curtain rod. A properly installed tension rod should not fall. We share some guidelines for you below on how to install a tension rod and keep it from falling off of your wall.
How To Install Tension Shower Rod?
Before you purchase a tension shower rod, measure the distance between the two walls where the curtain rod will be installed. Tension shower rods come in different sizes and you want to have a rod length that will work in your space.
Ideally, you want to choose a curtain rod maximum length that is at least 10 to 12-inches longer than your installation space. This ensures that you do not extend the tension rod to its maximum size. This prevents bowing in the middle of the rod and gives you more flexibility to maneuver the final installation position.
Next, you want to extend the length of the tension rod so that it is about 1-inch shorter than the full installation space. For the next step, hold the shower curtain rod against one wall and position it where you want it to be.
Now you can twist the rod and extend it until it fits snugly against the opposite wall. Be sure the shower rod is parallel to the ground and level. Pull down gently on the rod in the middle to be sure it doesn’t fall from slight pressure.
How To Keep Tension Shower Rod From Falling?
When using a tension shower rod, you need to be sure you have the tension tight enough against both walls. If you do not have the tension tightened, you may find that the rod has crashed to the ground when you step into your bathroom next time.
To prevent your shower rod from falling, especially when installed on smooth surfaces, consider placing a small felt furniture pad on each wall in the same spot where the end cap of the rod will be positioned. Place the tension rod on the wall against the felt furniture pads. You will quickly see that the tension rod now stays securely in place!
You can also secure the ends of the tension rod using closet pole holders. This is especially useful if you are installing the tension rod on drywall. Although this is not a subtle fix, you can spruce up the closet pole holders by painting them another color. This will allow them to stand out as a featured item in your bathroom.
Best tension shower rods are an essential for any bathroom. When you choose a rod, be sure to consider the type of material and select something that is rust-proof. The shower rod will be exposed to moisture often and you do not want to have unsightly rust appear near your shower curtain! By keeping this and all the above considerations in mind, you’ll find a perfect tension rod for your bathroom!