When you take a shower, you want to be able to relax and restore all your energy after a long day at work. Why not consider adding a teak bench to your shower space? You can sit down on the bench and relax while the water washes all your stress away.
Top 10 Best Teak Shower Bench
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Teak Shower Bench
- 1.1 1. AquaTeak 15.5-Inch Corner Teak Shower Bench with Shelf
- 1.2 2. AquaTeak 12-Inch Kai OptiAREA Corner Teak Shaving and Washing Foot Rest
- 1.3 3. DesignByIntent Polypropylene Gray Shower Stool
- 1.4 4. Zhuoyue Corner Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
- 1.5 5. OasisSpace Bamboo 24-Inch Waterproof Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
- 1.6 6. Zhuoyue Bamboo Spa Waterproof Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
- 1.7 7. Moen DN7110 Teak Wood and Aluminum Folding Shower Seat
- 1.8 8. EcoDecors Serenity Natural Shower Stool
- 1.9 9. Clevr 20-Inch Teak Wood Modern Folding Shower Bench, Clear-Coated
- 1.10 10. Giantex Bamboo Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions About Teak Shower Benches
- 3 Conclusion
A good shower bench is not only great for sitting and relaxing. It can also be a great support for your foot when you are shaving and can reduce the risk of slipping or losing your balance. Take a look at the best teak shower benches we have found and determine which features of a shower bench will work best for you.
1. AquaTeak 15.5-Inch Corner Teak Shower Bench with Shelf
This is a classy, chic solid teak shower bench that has a shelf for additional storage! This will add some style and pizzazz to your bathroom with this glamorous piece. The bench is made of all stainless steel non-corroding hardware and it has adjustable feet made of rubber for stability.
This shower bench fits snugly in the corner of your shower and can even be used as a table outside of the shower in your bathroom. The teak wood is naturally water-resistant and very durable.
This amazing bench comes with a 5-year warranty and is a risk-free option for you to consider! Bring the spa to your home with this beautiful corner teak bench!
- Made of solid teak wood
- Stainless steel hardware
- Adjustable rubber feet
- The varnish used on this bench may wash off over time
2. AquaTeak 12-Inch Kai OptiAREA Corner Teak Shaving and Washing Foot Rest
This is a compact bench that fits snugly in the corner of your shower. You can use this bench to store shampoos and soaps or as a footrest while shaving your legs. This bench is made of sustainably harvested 100% solid teak wood and has all stainless steel non-corroding hardware.
AquaTeak products have a superior design and have been featured in Architectural Digest Magazine. This bench is naturally water-resistant and is durable for both indoor and outdoor use.
This bench comes with a 5-year warranty and is a solid choice if you are in need of a corner bench or table for your shower.
- Stainless steel non-corroding hardware
- Adjustable feet
- Naturally water-resistant
- Made of sustainably harvested 100% solid teak wood
- Rubber caps on the feet of the stool may leave stains in the shower
3. DesignByIntent Polypropylene Gray Shower Stool
This European designed stool can be used as a compact shower bench or bathroom stool. It is so strong it has a weight bearing capacity of up to 286-pounds. This bench is almost indestructible!
This bench comes fully assembled and is made of fully recyclable polypropylene which means it requires little to no maintenance or upkeep. Non-marking foot pads are on the legs to add anti-slip safety and protect your tile or the bottom of your shower.
This attractive gray shower stool will fit nicely in the corner of your shower and can be used to store shampoos and soaps or you can use it to assist with shaving your legs. Don’t pass up this economic shower chair for your bathroom!
- Pure polypropylene
- Fully recyclable
- Weight bearing capacity of up to 286-pounds
- May appear out-of-place inside large open showers
4. Zhuoyue Corner Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
This corner shower bench is made of 100% natural bamboo with exquisite workmanship. The bench has rounded edges which are finely polished and smooth so there are no chances of splinters or snags.
You can enjoy the luxury of an extra shelf space with this corner shower bench. Store your shampoos and soaps on the bottom shelf and use the top of the bench for resting your feet as you shave your legs.
This bench will look elegant in the corner of your shower and will fit in naturally with any decor. Don’t pass up on this opportunity for additional storage and a modern look with this easy to assemble shower bench.
- Made of 100% natural bamboo
- Holds up to 250-pounds
- Includes a built-in shelf
- The varnish may wash off over time
5. OasisSpace Bamboo 24-Inch Waterproof Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
Add some elegance to your bathroom with this 100% bamboo shower bench. This bench supports up to 250-pounds of weight and includes a storage shelf on the bottom to store all of your shower supplies.
This bench is only 18-inches tall and is the perfect height to sit in the shower and relax as the water washes over you. At only 24-inches wide, this will fit into any bathroom decor as a shower bench or even as a small bathroom table.
Rounded corners and well-sanded edges make this a kid-friendly and safe bench. Consider the addition of this solid bamboo bench to your bathroom collection. Non-slip rubber pads on the feet of this bench will keep it securely in place.
- 100% bamboo
- Supports up to 250-pounds
- 24-inches wide
- Rounded corners
- Bench does not appear to be waterproof as it stains over time when under a direct water stream
6. Zhuoyue Bamboo Spa Waterproof Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
This elegant bamboo shower bench has a 2-tier storage shelf and two large handles. The rounded corners, smoothly polished edges and slightly curved legs gives this bench a classy high-quality appearance.
This bench can be used directly in the shower or as storage shelves in your bathroom. The handles can even be used as towel holders. The bench seat is slightly curved so you can be completely comfortable when sitting down. It will support up to 300-pounds and is treated with waterproof paint to protect it in the shower.
Built-in slats in the bench facilitate drainage so water does not pool on the bench. This bench is easy to assemble and will give you years of quality elegance in your bathroom.
- Made of bamboo
- Supports up to 300-pounds
- Treated with waterproof paint
- Includes a storage shelf and side handles
- Requires some maintenance
- Paint may wear off after time
7. Moen DN7110 Teak Wood and Aluminum Folding Shower Seat
Turn your shower into a spa with this teak folding shower seat! This foldable seat is made of teak wood and will give your shower a natural look that complements any bathroom decor.
This shower seat supports up to 400-pounds and features a sturdy aluminum frame. The wall-mount design allows the seat to fold up snuggly against the wall with a thin, compact profile. When taking a shower, you can fold the seat down and ensure your shower is a relaxing activity. Never worry about losing balance in the shower again!
- Seat is made of teak wood
- Frame is made of aluminum
- Supports up to 400-pounds
- Seat folds up against the wall
- Must be physically installed and attached to the wall
8. EcoDecors Serenity Natural Shower Stool
This shower bench is made of solid plantation grown teak and comes fully assembled. It’s compact design fits nicely in the shower or bathroom. This bench has a small storage shelf to hold shampoos and soaps. There are adjustable foot levelers to ensure the bench remains level even on sloping shower floors.
The bench has narrow slats on the seat to allow for water drainage. It measures 18-inches tall and has wide legs at the bottom to provide extra stability. This bench is designed for the shower, but you can use it wherever you would like to in your home as a small table.
- Made of solid plantation teak wood
- Comes fully assembled
- Includes small storage shelf
- Legs wider at the bottom for extra stability
- Stain on the bench may wear off and can leave stains on the shower floor
9. Clevr 20-Inch Teak Wood Modern Folding Shower Bench, Clear-Coated
This is a sleek, compact folding shower seat with a weight bearing capacity of 400-pounds. This seat needs to be installed directly into the studs or wall beams in your shower in order for the seat to be strong and effective.
The bench is made of Grade A Burmese teak wood which is a strong and high-quality wood. The seat is clear-coated to provide extra protection and a premium smooth surface.
This shower seat is designed for people with limited mobility but can also be used as a way to just sit and relax in the shower after a long day at work. The convenient fold-up compact design allows this seat to be tucked out of the way easily.
- Made of grade A Burmese teak wood
- Supports up to 400-pounds
- Clear-coated seat for extra protection
- Slim, compact design when the seat is folded
- Bench must be installed securely into the wall studs or it will not support weight
10. Giantex Bamboo Shower Bench with Storage Shelf
This beautiful bamboo shower bench is lightweight and has a small shelf on the bottom for storing additional shower supplies. The bench seat has narrow slats to allow water to drain appropriately. The bench is versatile and can be used in the shower, as a bathroom table or it can be used outside.
The design of the curved side edges makes it easier to pick up the bench and move it when necessary. The top of the stool is curved slightly to fit your body shape when you sit down.
The bench measure almost 18-inches tall and will give your bathroom a spa-like appearance. Don’t miss out on this easy to clean and sturdy bench for your shower. You will love the way it makes your bathroom look!
- Made of solid natural bamboo
- Measures 18-inches tall
- Seat is slightly curved
- Seat may be too narrow for larger individuals
Frequently Asked Questions About Teak Shower Benches
If you are serious about obtaining a shower bench for your home, here are some frequently asked questions you may want to consider first.
How to Build Shower Bench?
Have you ever considered building your own shower bench? It really isn’t that difficult. The first step in building a shower bench is to identify the size you want to have in your shower. Once you have determined the size, and you have bought the appropriate supplies, you can then start to build your bench following these steps:
- The first step is to build the frame for the bench. This involves building the top of the bench and connecting four legs to the bench.
- You must then join connecting bars which will connect the bottoms of the legs along the width of the bench in order to provide stability to the bench.
- Once you have assembled the bench, you should sand down the ends of it where any wood may have been cut. This ensures that all the surfaces are smooth and free of any splinters.
- Wipe off any dust using a damp cloth.
- Treat the wood with an appropriate stain or varnish.
You now have a teak wood bench that you can place in your shower and enjoy for years to come!
How to Clean Teak Shower Bench?
Teak wood must be maintained regularly in order to retain its luster. In order to clean your teak shower bench, use a light application of dish-washing liquid and rinse with warm water. This will quickly eat away any stubborn soap scum. You may need to use a soft-bristle brush to provide a deeper cleaning of the wood grain.
As you use your teak shower bench, you can use teak oil to preserve the finish of your bench. Apply this minimally to small areas and rub in a buffing motion. Finally, be sure to rinse off your bench after every shower to keep soap scum from accumulating.
What to Put on Teak Shower Bench?
You can use your teak shower bench to either hold your shampoo, conditioner and soaps, or you can simply use it as a bench to sit on when you are showering. It is your choice whether you want your bench to be used as storage or as an actual seat!
Teak shower benches are by far the most durable type of best teak shower bench you can acquire. Unlike most other types of wood, teak is water-resistant and durable. It is not typically susceptible to mold and mildew. Since it is easy to keep clean and to maintain, this makes a teak shower bench a smart addition to your bathroom decor!