Owning a glistering pool is a true bliss but cleaning it every time is the only ‘mess’. With the advanced technologies like suction pool cleaner, now time to turn even this ‘mess’ into bliss. This auto pool cleaner facility can save a considerable time on a hasty affair like pool cleaning and keep you at ease.
A suction cleaner is basically a pool skimmer where the cleaner is attached to a suction surface to suck up the debris and dirt from your swimming pool. Powered with a pressure, the pump sucks the water from the different areas of pool and then gets it filtered through the different channels of a pipe. The debris and the dirt get aggregated into the filter to keep your pool clean and safe to swim.
Best Selling suction pool cleaners
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Selling suction pool cleaners
- 1.1 1. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-020 Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Zodiac Automatic MX6 in Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Hayward 925ADC Navigator Pro Suction Pool
- 1.8 8. Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side
- 1.9 9. Hayward PHS21CST AquaNaut Suction Pool
- 1.10 10. Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Great
- 2 Here is a comprehensive guide on choosing the right pool cleaner:
- 3 What to consider for buying the best pool cleaner?
- 4 Conclusion
As the market is flooded with a wide range of suction pool cleaner; deciding on what is the best suction pool cleaner is not an easy deal. To make things easy, let’s review the ten most popular and highest rated suction cleaner pool cleaners.
1. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Easy maintenance
- Durable with good production
- No extra materials required for cleaning
- Wheel deflector to clean the narrowest areas
- Pump strainer basket needs to be cleaned more frequently
- The main drain of the device often struck
Considered great for leaves removal, BARACUDA G3 W03000 is a durable pool cleaner which does not require any additional tools like gears or wheels to clean the pool. The long hoses of this cleaner contribute to its longer life and are resistant to debris and scuffs. Auto-adjusting flow valve ensures the quick adjustment for this cleaner. You can set the right flow with a balanced manner for this suction cleaner.
If your pool is extended to some narrow and stringent areas which are not accessible by an ordinary pool cleaner, this advanced suction can do the ‘miracle’. With its wheel deflector technology, it allows the wheel to enter in the narrowest dirty areas to clean the leaves and algae in such areas.
It is a quiet pool cleaner which can easily clean the small to medium size debris with its two-speed and variable speed mechanisms.
2. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-020 Pool Cleaner
- Programmable angles with a patented steering system
- Appropriate to handle large pools with huge debris
- No external booster pump required
- Special tires required for cleaning vinyl or fiberglass surfaces
- Only concrete pools can be cleared efficiently.
With its four-wheel drive, Poolvergnuegen 896584000-020 can easily clean all the obstacles responsible for blocking the pool vacuums of other pool pumps. The device power is appropriate to clean the large pools with the small and large debris. The deep tread tires give an extra traction in the concrete pool. It comes with a large filter bag which successfully reduces the wear and tear on its pump and filtration system.
With its patented steering system, it can be navigated to the stairs, walls, and curves of the pool. The marks on the tire treads give an indication of their replacement. No kinking and tangling with its 6-feet inter-locking system. Optimal traction is provided with extra-large treads on front tires.
For smoother surfaces like fiberglass or vinyl, tape tires are required to be purchased.
3. Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Pool Cleaner
- Easy installation
- Lesser friction with the bumper ring
- Very easy to handle and use
- Need to be fixed permanently in the pool
With its turbine system, Hayward 900 Wanda is rated among the Top 10 efficient pool cleaners for its precise pattern movements to collect all the debris on its path. It works on a circular mechanism which helps in making the pools cleaner compared to the other pool cleaners. Being one of the best types of machinery, it comes with a programmable steering pattern. No additional booster pump is required.
A simple plug-in and switch on will make it work effortlessly. On above ground swimming pool, it moves across the base of it. It is one of the all-round vacuum cleaners which are counted in the top rated pool cleaners. You can install it in less than 10 minutes with no additional tools. Its counter head design completes the steering pattern in the minimal time. The 1-year warranty is offered on this cleaner pump.
However, it is not possible to uninstall the device like other pool cleaners. You need to fix this device in the pool filtration system permanently.
4. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner
- Easiest to install.
- One of the cheapest suction cleaners compared to pumps with the same performance.
- Irrespective of surfaces and shapes, it is efficient to clean all in-ground pool types.
- Replacement required after 2 years.
- Meant for specific pool sizes
Packed with its latest technology, XtremepowerUS Automatic is an efficient in-ground pool. Appropriate for all type of pool surfaces, concrete or vinyl, the pool can clean the surface fast and squeaky. This portable pool cleaner comes in a sturdy design and easy to operate or maintain. With no additional tools like the booster pump, it efficiently uses the pool filtration system to save on your electricity cost. Absolutely justifying its price, this is one of the cost-efficient pools in the market.
The only glitch with this pool cleaner is that it cannot clean a pool which is more than a diameter of 32”.
5. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner
- Ensures quick cleaning with the highest rated robot vacuum.
- Excellent pump with a good vacuum.
- Fantastic Flow rate.
- Easy to install.
- Hoses connections are troublesome.
- Abruptly stops moving during the job.
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is one of the most effective and efficient pool cleaners which are rated as the best robotic pool cleaner. You can save a considerable time with it which fits the above-ground pools perfectly. The pool filter keeps the water pressure and cleans the pool very well. With its Venturi Suction, it is appropriate for leaves and debris removal. It evenly distributes the heated water at the bottom of the pool. It can even clean the salt water in your pool effectively.
The only issue persists with this cleaner is that at times it starts working abruptly. It does not mean that it has some fault. You can wait for some time and it can complete the job.
6. Zodiac Automatic MX6 in Ground Pool Cleaner
- Easy to assemble, compact and handy pool cleaner
- Effectively cleans the side walls
- Powerful vacuum ensures smooth cleaning
- Comes with the 1-year warranty
- Not appropriate to serve large pools
- Large piles of leaves can clog it easily
This in-ground pool comes with a sleek design and is highly portable. Extremely light in weight, Zodiac Automatic MX6 comes with a variable speed pump. Cyclonic suction is provided in this cleaner to ensure powerful vacuuming. For aggressive wall-climbing, articulating turbine blade are provided. Appropriate for leaves, acorn, even for pebbles, this powerful cleaner can reverse itself to deal with the tricky corners of your pool. To remove the debris, you can quickly unlock, making it easy on maintenance.
You can efficiently clean small and medium-sized pools only. For large pool, it is not that effective as the hose length does not suffice the needs. You cannot try the hose extension as it works with zodiac hoses only.
- It can effectively handle fiberglass pools
- While cleaning the pool, scrubbers are not required
- It cleans the floors and pool walls quickly, saving a considerable time
- Easy to maintain
- For pebbles, it is not appropriate to consider
- Clogs up easily by the leaves and sticks
Appropriate for any pool size, Hayward 925ADC Navigator is flexible enough to fit your current filtration system. No additional tool is required to attach the same. The suction of various debris gets easier and more effective with its SmartDrive technology. It is meant for the concrete pools, pebble tec as well as Plaster pools.
The reliable suction technology of the pool together with 30 years of experience, make it a cleaner worth to consider. You can quickly install it in less than 10 minutes. With no noisy parts, it ensures silent operations.
With the excessive suction of leaves or sticks, it gets clogged easily like any other pool cleaner. Due consideration should be given to clean the filtration on a frequent basis to avoid any such clogging.
8. Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side
- Easy installation process makes it ready-to-use in less than 10 minutes
- No booster pump required
- Safe and easy to use
- A separate safe leaf canister is required to purchase additionally
- No hose connector provided
- Regular check up required in order ensuring good functionality
This in-ground pool is effective in cleaning the entire pool from bottom to the water line. With its automatic valve, the water flow is efficiently regulated to provide better cleaning coverage. Roller straps allow cleaning the ladders and steps of the pool with maneuvering. As no booster pump is required, it saves considerable energy bills.
The universal plated sealing allows it to use in any kind of pool including pebble tec. The air pressure can be maintained within the cleaner by threaded compression adapter for efficient cleaning. With no wheels or gears, it is a low-maintenance and reliable pool cleaner. The easy manual allows following the installation process conveniently.
As the hose tends to bend, you need to check it on a frequent basis to ensure proper functioning.
9. Hayward PHS21CST AquaNaut Suction Pool
- The loss of suction can be prevented with its adjustable skirt
- This pool cleaner comes with a variable speed pump
- The four-wheel drive gives a boost to its performance
- Does not climb the walls effectively
The Aquanaut 400 maintains persistent pressure on the uneven surfaces with its adjustable roller skirt. Any obstacle on the way can be dealt with this self-adjusting skirt effectively. The customization for the debris of different size is possible with three different throats of this pool cleaner. It is a great pick for sloped surfaces with its four-wheel drive technology.
It can effectively clean the fine particles along with the debris like leaves and dirt. With 2 year warranty, it is efficiently designed for all-ground pools. At times, it hung on the drains and not able to climb the walls as effectively as expected.
10. Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Great
- Easily climbs the walls to clean the pool
- Stubborn stains can be removed with its strong bristle technology
- Appropriate to use for all the surface-types
- Cannot clean the pool steps
- Take longer hours to clean, up to 6 hours
A popular in-ground pool cleaner, Pentair GW9500 comes with oscillator and bristles to achieve its cleaning goals. It efficiently vacuums the debris. From Pebble tec to vinyl surfaces, it can complete the cleaning process appropriately. The bristles attached are strong enough to remove the tough stains without affecting the surface of the pool.
Irrespective of the pool shape, it can easily navigate in the pool with an uninterrupted movement. The turning mechanism of the suction, it never stuck like other pool cleaners. This is an affordable pool but may inflate your energy bills with its slow cleaning mechanisms.
Not just the features of the pool cleaners make them worth consideration; also your requirement plays a vital role in deciding what is the best suction pool cleaner according to your pool.
Here is a comprehensive guide on choosing the right pool cleaner:
Pool size and the debris type plays a vital role in deciding which kind of pool cleaner will set ‘right’ for your pool. With the abundant of pool cleaners available in the market to render effective removal for leaves or appropriate for pebble tec, it is imperative to fix your requirements and expectations from a pool cleaner first.
Three types of pool cleaners are available as:
Manual Pool Cleaners
A considerable human effort can only make these pool cleaners to work. Pool skimmers, pool vacuums, and pool brushes are the three variants of manual cleaners. These are less expensive cleaners and are ideal for the small pools only. But the cleaning process with these cleaners takes a considerable time and effort, making them less convenient. If you have medium to large size pools, these pool cleaners shall not be of much use for you.
Automatic Pool Cleaners
To make your job convenient, these pool cleaners perform most of the work on their own. Suction side pool cleaner, robotic pool cleaners, and pressure side pool cleaners are the various variants of the automatic pool cleaner. Suction side pool cleaners are highly economical and are least expensive in the category of automatic cleaner. But they consume more energy and depend on filtration.
Robotic Pool Cleaners
These cleaners do not require to get attached to the pool. These cleaners just want a power source except they include an internally charged battery.
What to consider for buying the best pool cleaner?
1. Pool Size
The size of the pool is the major governing factor in deciding on the best pool cleaner. Manual cleaners can work out for small pools, but automatic pool cleaners should be the only consideration for the medium-sized or large size pools.
2. Pool Cleaner efficiency
Time taken by a cleaner to complete the task defines the efficiency of the pool cleaner. Robotic pool cleaners are considered to be most effective in cleaning the larger pools while manual cleaners take a lot of time and effort for the same task.
3. Energy consumption
If inflated energy bills cause you botheration, automatic or robotic pool cleaners are best to consider. These energy efficient pool cleaners do not require any booster pump. If you are considering the pressure side pool cleaners, the energy consumption will go up high due to the usage of the booster pump along.
4. Filtration system
Pressure side pool cleans need a separate filtration bag with no stress on the filtration process; cleaners like suction side are largely dependent on the filtration system of the pool. An in-built filtration system is provided in case of Robotic pool cleaners.
5. Complexity in the usage
If you do not want any complexity with the usage of pool cleaners, Robotic cleaners are best to consider. You will not require doing anything with them except lowering them in the pool and switching them on.
After extensive research and careful consideration, we have chosen the ten best suction side pool cleaners in the market today. They can efficiently make your pool hygienic and eliminate all kind of debris. A comparative analysis of their pricing and the various features offered make them best suction pool that can be relied upon for long run cleaning needs.
Time to take a calming dip in your pool, leaving behind the worry to clean it!