Are you wondering what is the best solar pool heater to buy? Then you are just in luck as we will reveal the best products on the market in this article. Not just that, we will also be taking you through some buying guide that will help you make the right choice while also answering questions on the topic. We have a lot to discover, so let’s get started already, shall we?
Table of Contents
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 Best Products in the Market
- 2.1 1. GAME 4714 SolarPRO Contour Pool Heater for Intex
- 2.2 2. Intex 28685E above Ground Swimming Pool Water Heater Solar Mat
- 2.3 3. SunHeater S120U Universal Solar Pool Heater
- 2.4 4. SmartPool S601P SunHeater Solar Heating System for In-Ground Pool
- 2.5 5. XtremepowerUS Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Solar Panel Heating System
- 2.6 6. SmartPool S240U Pool Solar Heaters
- 2.7 7. SunQuest 4-2 x 12 Solar Swimming Pool Heater
- 2.8 8. Goplus Solar Dome Swimming Pool Heater
- 2.9 9. Blue Wave NS6028 SolarPRO Curve Solar Heater
- 2.10 10. Kokido Keops Solar Dome Above Ground Swimming Pool Water Heater
- 3 FAQs On Ten Best Solar Pool Heater
- 4 Conclusion
To enable you to make the right choice, there are factors to be considered. These factors include:
The type of material used in making a pool heater determines how long it will last and how efficiently it will work. When purchasing a solar pool heater, consider one that is made with a glass coating as this ensures the product lasts longer and works more efficiently.
It is important to bear in mind the specific function of your pool as this will help you purchase the right pool heater. For example, if it’s a swimming pool, it means it’s made for recreational purposes and so will need a heater that can deliver the right temperature for this specific purpose.
Some other pools are meant for exercise and sports, hence purchase a heater that will deliver a reliable temperature best suited for it.
This is perhaps the most important factor to consider when making a purchase. An ideal pool heater will not cost you an arm and a leg and yet will provide great value. However, note that the more expensive the product, the more efficient it is likely to be.
Best Products in the Market
After a series of market survey and research, we bring you the best products we could find on the market, they include:
1. GAME 4714 SolarPRO Contour Pool Heater for Intex
This aesthetically pleasing solar pool heater is big on durability and quality of construction. It is made for Intex above ground pool only and also features a compact panel that can heat the pool water very fast while at the same time keeping your carbon footprint low.
It is an energy-efficient design featuring curling tubes; these tubes enable the heater to grab a significant amount of the sun’s heat in no time at all.
It has a dome shape; this makes it easy to install the heater on your above-ground Intex pool. Also, it’s easy t use and comes at a fair price tag. It is eco-friendly and efficient.
- It is small and lightweight
- It has a unique dome shape
- It is not ideal for large-sized pools
2. Intex 28685E above Ground Swimming Pool Water Heater Solar Mat
This is a thoughtfully designed pool heater made to work well with above-ground pools of small to medium-sized spaces. It has a dimension of 47-inches x 47-inches; hence it is compact and won’t take up a lot of space as it can be installed in a discrete position.
Since it can be attached to any Intex filler pump, the heater can warm up the pool up to 10o after which it circulates back to the pool in the quickest time possible; this enables users to use it almost instantly.
However, it should be noted that this product will not provide the same consistency and amount of heat that bigger models will give, but despite that, it is cheap and gets the job done once there is sunlight available.
- It is eco-friendly
- It’s easy to install
- Only suitable for above-ground pools
3. SunHeater S120U Universal Solar Pool Heater
This is a cost-effective way of warming up your pool. It does not require an expert to help install as its installation is easy and can be done by the user. It is also suitable for above ground and for inground pool.
This solar pool heater functions by collecting heat from the sun’s rays which it uses to raise the temperature of the water to about 6 to 10oF. It can be installed on racks, roofs, on the fence or the ground. Also, it is hassle-free as it works well with the existing pool pump. It helps to add weeks to your pool’s season.
- It is easy to install
- Suitable for both above ground and in-ground pools
- Its quality could be improved upon
4. SmartPool S601P SunHeater Solar Heating System for In-Ground Pool
This is a fast-acting solar pool heater yet offering great value for money spent. It features large solar panels that efficiently collect energy from the sun and uses it to increase your pool’s temperature to about 10o to 15o in less than a day.
It is built strong and durable and is made with eco-friendly materials. Its solar panels are connected to the pool pump via specifically-built tubes. Although installation is difficult, we like that it has a smooth and efficient performance.
It features interchangeable connectors that enable it to work well with above-ground pools and also in-ground pools. It has a direct-flow system that is easy to set up once you get a hang of it.
- It is versatile
- It features interchangeable connectors
- It has large-sized solar panels
5. XtremepowerUS Inground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Solar Panel Heating System
This product which is low in cost is high in performance. It is not only easy to install, but it is also able to increase your pool’s water temperature up to 15o in 24 hours or less. It helps you save a lot of money that could have been spent on energy bills while also extending your summer season.
We like that it is versatile as it can be used for both above ground and in-ground pools, this it does without hassle. Its rather too small to heat large-sized pools but this can be easily resolved by installing more than one panel.
Although the solar panel is a large-sized one, it efficiently absorbs sunlight and thereafter converts it to heat for your pool.
- It is cost-effective
- It is easy to install and set up
- It requires more than one panel to handle a large-sized pool
6. SmartPool S240U Pool Solar Heaters
This solar pool heater keeps your pool cool with the aid of a polypropylene heat collector. The solar heater features two threaded-elbow adapters. It comes with four end caps, a roll of Teflon, four hose clamps made of stainless steel, a connector hose made of rubber and a solar pill as a bonus.
It has a trilingual installation manual that comes in Spanish, English and French languages; hence installation is easy, smooth and efficient. It has a direct flow system, featuring one header hole for each of the heating tubes.
It is cost-effective and can raise your pool temperature to as high as 10 degrees. It is also suitable for both in-ground and above-ground pools; hence it has a versatile use.
- It features a trilingual manual for ease of installation
- It is cost-effective
- It does not offer a warranty
7. SunQuest 4-2 x 12 Solar Swimming Pool Heater
SunQuest is designed for both above ground and in-ground pool, hence it can be said to be versatile. It has a MAX-FLOW design featuring 2-inches OD headers that enables better water circulation and less back pressure on your pump.
It is designed to be compatible with your existing pool pump hence you don’t have to spend extra money on a new pool pump. It increases pool water temperature up to 10o. Also, installation is easy and straightforward; you need not engage a technician as it can be installed by the user.
It makes use of free energy from the sun to warm up your swimming pool. Hence, it helps you eliminate unnecessary heating costs. It circulates pool water through the solar panels after which it uses solar energy to warm the water just as it returns to the pool.
- It is easy to install
- It is versatile
- The company will not replace a panel with a leak in it
8. Goplus Solar Dome Swimming Pool Heater
This is a dome-shaped pool heater that helps extend your swimming season by heating your pool in a green and energy-efficient manner. Solar energy is magnified just like the greenhouse effect using the clear lens of the heater and then collected by the coiled hoses that carry the pool water.
The solar heated pool water is then circulated back to the pool using the existing pump and filter system, hence you need not buy a new one. It does not require an electric or gas connector; hence it is easy and smooth.
It also helps you save space, it is beautifully design too. It features a protective covering which helps to protect the dome when it’s not in use.
- It has a beautiful design
- It is eco-friendly
- Only suitable for above ground pools
9. Blue Wave NS6028 SolarPRO Curve Solar Heater
We round up with a product that has a uniquely curved shape yet allows for maximum heat absorption from the sun straight to your pool. It has a dimension of 51-Ft (L) while the solar coils measure 1.2-inches within the heating station.
It is ideal for above ground pools which measure up to 30-feet round with 12,000-gallon water capacity. It is compatible with 1.25-inches to 1.5-inches of hose fittings. It features two installation hoses and also stainless steel clamps. It has 2.25-inches hoses which are suitable for soft-sided fittings. Users can also connect multiple heaters if they wish to warm up a larger pool.
- It features a one-year limited warranty
- It has an efficient and unique design
- It requires a bypass kit which is to be bought separately
10. Kokido Keops Solar Dome Above Ground Swimming Pool Water Heater
Kokido helps you extend your summer season by raising the temperature of your pool water. It is cost-effective and environmentally friendly. It connects between your pool return and your filter pump and is more suitable for above-ground pools.
It comes with four-foot hoses, stainless steel clamps, and fittings. The pool heater drastically reduces the cost of pool heating; it features an integrated rack that aids the set up in an optimal angle from which the heater can collect heat directly from the sun’s rays. The heater can be joined with other heaters to heat a much bigger pool.
- It is efficient
- It is eco-friendly
- Does not work well for a larger pool
FAQs On Ten Best Solar Pool Heater
Q: How Much Does a Solar Pool Heater Cost to Install?
A: Ideally, a solar pool heater cost between $3000 and $4000. This covers the amount for purchase and installation and usually covers a payback between 1.5 and 1.7 years. However, this depends on the users’ local fuel costs.
Q: How Does a Solar Pool Heater Work?
A: The following steps outline how a solar pool heater works:
- User sets the desired temperature on the system’s digital controller
- A digital controller monitors both the pool and roof sensor and turns the solar pump on when the temperature of both sensors exceeds 7 to 8 degrees
- Pumps remain active until the desired temperature is reached
- The solar pump collects cool water and pushes it to the roof, into the solar strip collector tubes
- The heating pool water reaches the TufReturn manifolds, the ProLok Loop returns and continues to collect heat while being pushed back to the return pipes
- The heated water then returns to the pool at a higher temperature
Q: How to Install a Solar Pool Heater on the Roof?
A: To install a solar pool heater, take the following steps:
- Install the solar collectors
- Determine the right position to install the heater
- Decide on the appropriate size
- Set out the framework
- Mount the collectors
- Fix the pipes in between the panels
- Complete the installation process
- Run the plumbing
- Fix the plumbing
- Add a vacuum relief valve
- Check out the valve
- Install a simple bypass (optional)
- Connect sun sensor and motorized valve (optional)
- Get the isolation valves in place
- Test your solar pool heater
When you don’t want summer to end, what do you do? It’s simple, you purchase the best solar pool heater and have the time of your life for months longer. After revealing all the top products on the market, making a choice shouldn’t be such a hassle anymore. So, go ahead and buy make your choice, you will be glad you did.