If you’re deciding to own an above the ground pool, especially a rectangular one, there are certain factors you might need to consider. This is even more important since there’s an influx of products and options available in the market.
So that you wouldn’t spend hours trying to make a choice in the maze of available products, I’ll be answering the million-dollar question, what is the best rectangle above ground pools? I’ll also be reviewing the top ten best above the ground pool you can find out there.
10 Best Rectangle Above Ground Pools
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Rectangle Above Ground Pools
- 1.1 1. Intex Mini Frame Pool
- 1.2 2. Intex 28270E Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool
- 1.3 3. Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool
- 1.4 4. Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool
- 1.5 5. Intex Rectangular Frame Pool
- 1.6 6. Bestway 56498 Deluxe Splash Kids Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool
- 1.7 7. Summer Waves Rectangle Above Ground Frame Outdoor Swimming Pool Set
- 1.8 8. Bestway Steel Pro Deluxe Splash Frame Pool
- 1.9 9. Intex Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set
- 1.10 10. Intex 16ft X 8ft X 42in Prism Frame Rectangular Pool
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
1. Intex Mini Frame Pool
Intex sure makes one of the best mini pools. And the Intex Mini Frame Pool is no exception. Featuring an approximate size of 48” x 48” x 12”, this mini pool is a go-to option to cool off the heat.
This mini pool is especially exceptional for those with children around ages three and above. Its foam-padded horizontal beams also ensure maximum comfort for you and your toddler while swimming.
More so, its galvanized metal steel frame will keep it lasting longer. It can hold as much as 89 gallons of water. That is about 9-½” of wall height, which is not much, but very okay if it’s just you and your family alone.
It’s a great option this summer, as you, your kids and pets can now have fun all day splashing and swimming in the Intex Mini pool
- Foam-padded horizontal beams for comfort
- Comes with drain plug and repair patch kit
- Approximate size: 48” x 48” x 12”
- Water capacity: 89 gallons (9-1/2” of wall height)
- Not suitable for children under the age of three
2. Intex 28270E Rectangular Frame Above Ground Baby Splash Pool
If you’re thinking of installing a pool for just you and your family, or you’re thinking of installing a pool that wouldn’t take up much space, then the Intex 28270E is a good option to consider.
For those that dread complicated processes, this pool is good news for you, as its assembling process is very easy and doesn’t take time. In about 30 minutes, you could fill up the pool, making it an easy and quick go-to option this summer.
Strong, durable steel frames and laminated sidewalls support the pool and help it to stay steady and in place. Durable to its large dimensions, the pool can easily contain about six persons comfortably.
The pool can comfortably take about 439 gallons of water. It has a drain plug that can easily fit into any hose so that water can be let out.
- Water capacity is 439 gallons
- Its dimensions are 86″ x 59″ x 23″
- Can comfortably fit up to 6 people
- Ready for water in 30 minutes
- Rust-resistant steel frames
- Drain plug
- Swimming pool and instructional DVD to help with assembling and maintenance
- It doesn’t come with its own pool cover
3. Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool
The Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool is a very good idea for small families with small backyard spaces. Its shallow depth is great for children who are skilled at paddling.
One feature in particular that interests me is the ease at which it can be assembled. In only a matter of time and without much mental effort, you can quickly set it up. All you need to do is join its steel poles with “C” clips and “T” connectors.
It has a built-in-flow drain valve that allows you to drain water from the pool easily using a garden hose. Although it isn’t steel walled, it has firm PVC and polyester outer walls, which provides a very stable and durable alternative.
- Its dimensions are 13′ x 7′ x 32″
- Built-in drain valve
- No tools needed to set it up
- Resistant to bending or leaking
- Corrosion-resistant steel frame
- Water capacity (90%): 1,506 gallons
- Doesn’t come with ground tarps, filters, filter parts or covers
4. Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool
The Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool is a good option for those who would like to have some fun swimming time with their little children.
It isn’t really deep, which is actually awesome, as your children can practice and perfect their paddling skills without fear of drowning.
Its extra-tough sidewalls are fashioned from three layers of materials, with its inner layer being polyester mesh. The polyester mesh is also laminated to its two outer layers of heavy gauge PVC.
It’s easy to assemble and even easier to take down for those times when you might need to store it. Its metal frames are corrosion resistant, meaning that even after extended usage, it wouldn’t fade or wear out.
It comes fitted with a built-in-flow control drain valve. All you have to do is attach a garden hose to the valve when you want to drain out water.
Unfortunately, there’s no filter pump included in its packaging. All the same, this is a good option to go for.
- Its dimensions are 7.25ft x 5ft x 17″
- Built-in drain valve
- Corrosion-resistant metal frames
- Sidewalls are made of polyester mesh and PVC
- Very easy to set up as well as takedown
- Doesn’t come with a filter pump
5. Intex Rectangular Frame Pool
This Intex Rectangular Frame Pool is one of the best above the ground deal for lounging during hot weathers. One particularly intriguing thing is, it takes only about 30 minutes to fill this up and get it going.
The pool’s metal supports are coated to prevent rust and corrosion. Its strong laminated walls are colored with striking blue shade which enhances its overall appeal. It has a spacious dimension of 118x78x29.5 inches, which is approximately 3x2x.75 in meters.
Its water capacity is about 800 gallons, which is one of the largest we’ve reviewed so far. Following through with the Intex standard of production, this will last you for a long time and give you numerous opportunities to spend quality time with you and your loved ones.
- Its dimensions are 118″ x 78″ x 29.5″
- It takes only 30 minutes to fill up
- It has tough laminated walls
- Great for kids
- It has a small water capacity of 800 gallons
6. Bestway 56498 Deluxe Splash Kids Rectangular Above Ground Swimming Pool
The Bestway 56498 Deluxe Splash model is the definition of summertime fun. As kids and even adults of all ages can spend quality bonding time in this indoor pool.
It offers you an option that is more affordable and less complicated than a steel-walled pool, while at the same time providing you with stability and durability that the average inflatable pool wouldn’t provide.
The coating on its superior pool frame boasts of being able to withstand rust and corrosion. The coating also protects the frame from UV and damage caused by abrasion. It has a 3-ply PVC construction which ensures that the pool wall remains stable.
The Bestway 9.8” x 6.7” x 26” pin clip design, as well as its seal and lock system, is unique, in that your joint connection remains in place. It also doesn’t break, leak or bend even when water pressure increases. Finally, you don’t need extra tools to assemble this product, making it absolutely worth buying.
- Its dimensions are 9.8” x 6.7” x 26”
- Rust and corrosion-resistant coating
- 3-ply PVC support band
- Seal & Lock System to prevent breakage and leakage
- No tools assembling
- A flow-controlled drain valve
- Pool only (doesn’t include pool accessories)
7. Summer Waves Rectangle Above Ground Frame Outdoor Swimming Pool Set
With an amazingly large size of 24” x 12” x 52”, this pool is by far one of the largest we’ve reviewed so far. It isn’t just big; its features are also topnotch.
It can contain as much as 8,393 gallons of water, which is actually much. Its beautiful wicker print is a deviation from the regular blue shade we are used to. Asides that, it easily complements your home furniture and adds beauty to your decor.
This pool features a four-step ladder for easy entry and exits out of the pool. It is made of sturdy and lightweight steel, which makes it quite durable. It also comes with a ground cloth and a tailored to fit pool cover for you to keep your pool safe and clean.
It features other elite accessories such as a vacuum brush, vacuum adapter, a telescoping pole, a 1,500-gallon filter pump, a return hose, a filter cartridge and a skimmer net.
- Spacious dimension of 24” x 12” x 52”
- Four-step ladder
- Water capacity is 8,393 gallons
- Beautiful wicker print
- Comes with a vacuum brush, vacuum adapter, a telescoping pole, a 1500-gallon filter pump, a return hose, a filter cartridge and a skimmer net
- Not ideal for small backyard space
8. Bestway Steel Pro Deluxe Splash Frame Pool
On our list as well is the Bestway Steel Pro Deluxe Splash Frame Pool. It’s a choice for outdoor fun for you and your children. Unlike some other pools, there’s no age restriction with this one
It is easy to assemble and requires no extra tools other than what has been provided inside the box. The pool frames have a rust and corrosion-resistant coating that prevent deterioration over time.
Its tough 3-ply PVC support band holds it up and keeps it stable. Its PVC walls are tough enough to prevent it from easily tearing or wearing out. Since the pool is just barely above two feet, your children wouldn’t have a hard time getting in themselves.
- No extra tools required to set up
- 3 ply PVC for support
- Rust and corrosion resistant coating
- Older kids might find it too shallow
9. Intex Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set
The Intex Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set features a precision constructed locking system and a premium quality pool set designed to keep your pool intact and stable even after many years.
It’s exterior and interior features a powered coating designed to prevent rust and corrosion. To further improve its utility level, it comes with a 110-120V sand filter pump to keep out impurities. It has a pump flow rate of about 1, 200 gallons in an hour.
It comes with a pool ladder, ground cloth and a pool cover to help maintain your pool. A downside is that unlike the other pools we’ve reviewed, this one takes close to an hour before it gets filled. But that is understandable seeing it takes as much as 4,545 gallons of water.
- Spacious dimension of 18ft X 9ft X 52in
- It has a pump flow rate of 1200 gallons per hour
- It comes with a pool ladder
- It has a one-hour water ready time
10. Intex 16ft X 8ft X 42in Prism Frame Rectangular Pool
This pool has a hydro aeration technology infused into the cartridge pump, which allows for better water clarity, increased negative ions, greater circulation and improved filtration.
Its exterior features a strong, powder-coated steel tubing for a strong and durable fix. It also comes in a beautiful shade of blueish-gray color combined with white trimmings. It features a mosaic tile printed inside liner, making it beautiful in and out.
Its drain plug provides an easy way of expelling water. The dimensions of 16 x 8 x 42” is also pretty spacious for you and your children. Anyways, for safety purposes, ensure that only children from ages six and above enter unaided.
The other features of this pool include a 1,000-gallon cartridge filter pump, a pool ladder, a ground cloth, a pool cover and ultra-frames. However, it’s best not to set up the pool on mud, sand or any other soft or six.
- It has a size of 16” x 8” x 42”
- Includes a 1000-gallon cartridge filter pump
- Comes with a pool ladder, a ground cloth and pool cover
- Comes fitted with a drain plug
- Not suitable for children under the age of six
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Much Does a Rectangle Pool Cost?
A: The cost of a rectangle pool depends on the brand and the features of the pool. Also, the quality of material used greatly determines the cost.
Resin constructed pools are generally pricier than their metal counterpart. On average, a rectangular above the ground pool kit could range from $1,500 to $4,500.
Most pool companies, however, do not take care of installation, which is actually an additional cost for pool buyers. Usually, the cost of installing above ground rectangular pools is around $10,000 and above. This is because it is usually rounded by a wrap-around deck to provide it more stability and support.
Q: How to Level Ground for Rectangle Pool?
A: Usually, uneven and wet surfaces can damage your above ground pool. And so, it is necessary to level out the ground before installing one. These are some steps you can take in order to level out the ground.
- First, start by removing the turf/sod
- Identify uneven slopes and raised spots
- Rather than filling out uneven spots dig them out instead
- After levelling the ground, take out debris
- Tamp and spread the soil then tamp a layer of sand.
Above the ground, pools have always been a good summer alternative for those that cannot build in ground pools. If you’re considering buying one, this list showing the best rectangle above ground pools is a sure compass to help you find your way around without much hassle.