Best raised toilet seats often become a necessity as you age or when you are recovering from certain types of surgery. Whether your muscles are weak or you have limited mobility and range of motion, a raised toilet seat can give you a positive experience when going to the bathroom. No one likes to ask for help in that part of the house!
Top 7 Best Raised Toilet Seats
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 7 Best Raised Toilet Seats
- 1.1 1. Vive Toilet Seat Riser with Handles and Padded Arms, Standard
- 1.2 2. Vaunn Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Padded Handles and Locking Mechanism
- 1.3 3. PCP Raised Toilet Seat and Safety Frame with Adjustable Height
- 1.4 4. OasisSpace Raised Toilet Seat with Padded Handles
- 1.5 5. MOBB Elevated Raised Toilet Seat with Arms and Legs
- 1.6 6. Medline Elevated Heavy Duty Raised Toilet Seat
- 1.7 7. HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat Riser, White
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions About Raised Toilet Seats
- 3 Conclusion
If you are looking for a raised toilet seat, it will surprise you how many options are available. There are many features to consider including height of the raised seat, splash guards to prevent messes, locks and much more. Look at a few of our top picks and get a feel for the differences between these specific raised toilet seat products.
1. Vive Toilet Seat Riser with Handles and Padded Arms, Standard
This toilet seat riser from Vive adds 3.5-inches of height to an existing standard toilet seat. It fits under the toilet seat making it easier to sit and stand up without too much bending. This is a great bathroom safety solution for the elderly or anyone with limited mobility.
This can be installed under any standard toilet seat. It includes all the hardware necessary to attach the riser securely to the toilet without the use of any tools. The seat riser comes with removable handles which are padded with soft foam hand grips. The handles provide a non-slip surface for a safe and secure grip when sitting down or standing up.
This toilet seat riser will support up to 300-pounds and is split-resistant. This seat riser is a safe solution to help give some independence back to you or your loved one in your bathroom.
- Adds 3.5-inches of height to any standard toilet seat
- Tool-free installation
- Removable soft foam grip handles
- Some toilet seats will not fit on top appropriately
2. Vaunn Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Padded Handles and Locking Mechanism
This raised toilet seat from Vaunn adds 4-inches of height to your existing toilet seat. This makes it easier to sit down or stand up from the toilet. It has an anti-slip surface with push pins and a locking mechanism. This ensures a secure fit on the toilet bowl rim.
Removable padded handles provide a comfortable grip to help lift off of the toilet seat. This raised toilet seat weighs less than 5-pounds and is easy to store. The contoured seat is designed with a wider surface for added comfort. This raised seat will fit on most standard and elongated toilets. It’s very easy to clean and is easy to assemble.
- Adds 4-inches of height
- Includes a locking mechanism to fit securely to the toilet seat
- Weighs only 5-pounds
- Removable handles
- Tool-free assembly
- There is nothing to secure the back of the seat to the toilet
3. PCP Raised Toilet Seat and Safety Frame with Adjustable Height
This two-in-one product doubles as a stability safety frame and as a raised toilet seat. It includes a molded plastic seat with a bottomless splash guard to ensure waste goes directly into the toilet.
The seat height adjusts from 18-inches up to 23-inches and has an overall width of 21-inches. The maximum weight this toilet seat riser can support is 275-pounds. The vinyl hand grips on the handles provide added comfort while using the toilet seat. This is a great alternative to a raised toilet seat which requires it to be locked into place. This product allows you to move this into place easily for those who need assistance. You can then move it easily out of the way when it is not needed.
- Doubles as a stability safety frame and a raised toilet seat
- Includes a bottomless splash guard to direct waste
- Seat height adjusts from 18-inches up to 23-inches
- Arm width is only about 18-inches making it too narrow for some individuals
4. OasisSpace Raised Toilet Seat with Padded Handles
This toilet seat from OasisSpace raises the toilet seat 5-inches to help support those with limited mobility. It includes an anti-slip feature and has a locking mechanism to ensure that it stays attached securely to the toilet bowl.
This raised toilet seat supports up to 300-pounds and is equipped with padded rail handles. The textured rubber handles create a comfortable non-slip surface and a secure grip when sitting or standing.
This product is easy to assemble and fits most standard and elongated toilets. A splash guard helps ensure waste makes it directly into the toilet bowl.
- Raises the seat height 5-inches
- Locking mechanism to secure the toilet seat to the toilet bowl
- Supports up to 300-pounds
- Includes padded rail handles
- The anchor in the back is only 1.5-inches high which doesn’t fit all toilets
5. MOBB Elevated Raised Toilet Seat with Arms and Legs
This raised toilet seat offers a stable platform over your existing toilet. The height is adjustable from 18.5-inches up to 21-inches. This elevated seat securely attaches to your existing toilet with a twist on clamp at the front of the product. This clamp locks the frame to the bowl to provide stability when sitting down or standing up.
The toilet seat has foam rubber handles providing a comfortable, non-slip grip when using the raised seat. It is easy to assemble and will give anyone using it peace of mind with its stable platform.
- Height is adjustable from 18.5-inches to 21-inches
- Attaches to the existing toilet bowl with a twist on clamp
- Includes foam rubber handles
- Back legs do not fit well over wider toilets
6. Medline Elevated Heavy Duty Raised Toilet Seat
This simple raised toilet seat from Medline has a maximum weight capacity of 300-pounds. It elevates the toilet seat and additional 4.5-inches and has a seat width of 15-inches.
The inner lip on this elevated toilet seat ensures that the seat remains stable on top of your existing toilet. This product is constructed of heavy duty white polyethylene and is easy to install.
- Fits most standard toilets
- Weight capacity of 300-pounds
- Elevates the seat height by 4.5-inches
- Seat sits on top of the toilet without a way to attach it
7. HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat Riser, White
This toilet seat riser by HealthSmart adds 5-inches in height to your existing toilet seat. This is ideal for elderly individuals or anyone with limited mobility. The universal size of this raised toilet seat ensures it will fit most standard toilets. It is slip-resistant and includes 4 pads that adhere to the toilet bowl to secure the raised seat in place.
The HealthSmart raised toilet seat riser has a maximum weight capacity of 250-pounds. It is made of molded, unbreakable polyethylene which ensures that this raised seat will last you for years.
- Adds 5-inches in height to your existing toilet seat
- Universal size of 14.5-inches x 15-inches x 5-inches
- Supports up to 250-pounds
- Does not fit well on round toilet seats
- The anti-slip pads still allow the toilet to slide slightly
Frequently Asked Questions About Raised Toilet Seats
Whether you are looking for a raised toilet seat for your home or a loved one, you want to be sure and do your research first. There are several things you should consider before deciding. We have provided some answers to frequently asked questions to help you select the best raised toilet product for your home.
How To Install Raised Toilet Seat?
There are different types of raised toilet seats and we will share with you how to install the most common types.
- Raised toilet seat with an Adjustable knob – This type of toilet seat requires you to raise the toilet lid and seat so it is out of the way. Next, you can turn the adjustment knob on the new toilet seat counterclockwise. This will loosen the bracket making the toilet ring insert small enough to be placed in the toilet bowl.
Place the raised toilet seat on the toilet bowl rim. Hook the rear flange underneath the back edge of the bowl and push the toilet seat back as far as possible.
Be sure it is centered on the bowl rim. Now, turn the adjustment knob clockwise to tighten it securely to the toilet bowl.
- Adjustable height raised toilet seat – For this type of raised seat, you need to lift the existing toilet seat and lid so it is out of the way. Check all the height adjustment clamps to ensure they are at the same height setting. Place the raised seat onto the toilet bowl. The clamps should slide naturally over the sides of the toilet bowl. Once the clamps are positioned, you can tighten them with a wrench.
- Free-standing raised toilet seat – This type of toilet seat simply sits on top of the existing toilet bowl. Raise the existing toilet lid and seat to move them out of the way. Place the raised toilet seat onto the existing toilet bowl. Be sure the taller end of the raised seat is at the back of the bowl. Press gently on the toilet seat to secure it in place over the bowl.
How To Clean Raised Toilet Seat?
Elevated or raised toilet seats are quite simple to clean. You can use a mixture of bleach and warm water to wipe off the raised seat and sanitize it periodically. It is not recommended to use harsh chemicals on most raised seats, especially if they are made of hard plastic as this can ruin the coating on the seat.
What Are Raised Toilet Seats Used For?
The purpose of a raised toilet seat is to raise the height of the toilet to a comfortable level. This prevents excessive bending which is often difficult for the elderly or for people with limited mobility. A raised toilet seat with a safety frame provides added stability and handles to help sit down and stand up at the toilet.
Where To Buy Raised Toilet Seats?
Raised toilet seats are often readily available at medical supply stores. You can also find them at pharmacy’s and national drugstore chains. There are also many places online you can shop for a raised toilet seat. Many of these online stores will ship directly to your home. Some online resources will also help you determine if a raised toilet seat can be covered by your health insurance!
If you need to find a raised toilet seat for yourself or a loved one, do not feel overwhelmed with the numerous choices. Review our frequently asked questions above and look at the top product picks we shared with you. Determine what features are important to you and then select a raised toilet seat that meets all of your needs!