Best raised toilet seats often become a necessity as you age or when you are recovering from certain types of surgery. Whether your muscles are weak or you have limited mobility and range of motion, a raised toilet seat can give you a positive experience when going to the bathroom. No one likes to ask for help in that part of the house!
- Carex Slip-Resistant Toilet Seat Riser with 300 Pound (Top Pick)
- Drive Medical Raised Toilet Seat with Detachable Padded Arms (Top Rated)
- Essential Medical Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms & Lid (Editor Choice)
- Carex 3.5 Inch Elevated Toilet Riser with Removable Padded Handles
- AquaSense 4-inch Portable Elevated White Toilet Seat
- Vaunn Raised Toilet, Removable Padded Handles and Locking Mechanism
Top 13 Best Raised Toilet Seats
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 13 Best Raised Toilet Seats
- 1.1 Carex Slip-Resistant Toilet Seat Riser with 300 Pound Weight Capacity
- 1.2 Drive Medical RTL12027RA Raised Toilet Seat with Detachable Padded Arms
- 1.3 Essential Medical Supply Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms & Lid
- 1.4 Carex 3.5 Inch Elevated Toilet Riser with Removable Padded Handles
- 1.5 AquaSense 4-inch Portable Elevated White Toilet Seat
- 1.6 Vaunn Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Padded Handles and Locking Mechanism
- 1.7 PCP Raised Toilet Seat and Safety Frame with Adjustable Height
- 1.8 Vive Toilet Seat Riser with Handles and Padded Arms, Standard
- 1.9 Carex 3.5-inch Toilet Riser with Padded Handles, Easy on and off
- 1.10 OasisSpace Raised Toilet Seat with Padded Handles
- 1.11 MOBB Elevated Raised Toilet Seat with Arms and Legs
- 1.12 Medline Elevated Heavy Duty Raised Toilet Seat
- 1.13 HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat Riser, White
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions About Raised Toilet Seats
- 3 Conclusion
If you are looking for a raised toilet seat, it will surprise you how many options are available. There are many features to consider including height of the raised seat, splash guards to prevent messes, locks and much more. Look at a few of our top picks and get a feel for the differences between these specific raised toilet seat products.
Carex Slip-Resistant Toilet Seat Riser with 300 Pound Weight Capacity
The toilet seat elevator increases the toilet seat’s height by 5 inches to help the disabled, the elderly, those combating with getting up or sitting down, patients with hip or knee surgery, and any other physically challenged person (s).
This highly convenient toilet seat elevator is equipped with non-slip rubber pads to secure the seat in one place. It offers a broader and highly comfortable seating area.
The toilet riser increases the height of the toilet seat by 5 inches without a need removing the toilet seat.
- Offers enough seating space
- It is easy and effortless to install
- Compatible with round or elongated toilets
- Comes with anti-slip rubber pads to prevent slipping
- Difficult to attach the toilet seat
Drive Medical RTL12027RA Raised Toilet Seat with Detachable Padded Arms
This toilet seat riser produced by Drive Medical offers a safer and highly secure fit more than most of the other products. It is uniquely designed with a locking system to stay firmly on any toilet.
Drive Medical utilized high-quality molded plastic construction that makes this toilet seat riser a lightweight without compromising durability.
It is equipped with versatile and removable padded arms making it easy to convey from one side to another. The featured padded arms provide support for seniors or elderly ones who need a boost to stand up or sit down.
- Designed to provide bathroom safety solutions
- It is lightweight and easy to clean.
- Made with high-grade plastic and fit most toilet
- Does not fit the back of the standard round toilet
Essential Medical Supply Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms & Lid
This elevated toilet seat with lid and arms provides the user with a standard rising toilet seat and enables them to utilize their seat. The featured padded and removable arms provide safety solutions when getting up or sitting down on the toilet.
This fantastic product is available in extended and standard sizes with hardware. It is straightforward to install using long bolts and included wing nuts.
This item is designed to function correctly on any toilet, but it is advisable to verify your toilet dimensions to ensure a secure fit.
- Has removable arms to support getting off and on
- Support all toilets
- Available in standard and elongated sizes
- User weight is limited to 300 pounds.
Carex 3.5 Inch Elevated Toilet Riser with Removable Padded Handles
This Carex 3.5 inch toilet seat elevator offers a comfortable and safe alternative for people with mobility problems. The high toilet seat is very durable and secure and provides a soothing feeling when using the toilet.
This accessible toilet lift can be easily cleaned by applying a standard disinfectant solution. For added comfort, the toilet seat lift has adjustable, cushioned supports that provide the support, power, and safety you need while sitting or getting up from the toilet.
The featured padded arms can be detached or added at the option of the individual user.
- Compatible with round toilets
- Features detachable and padded arms
- Comes with a seat cover
- Easy and effortless to clean
- No high-quality
AquaSense 4-inch Portable Elevated White Toilet Seat
AquaSense Elevated Toilet Seats are uniquely designed to enable the user to easily use the restroom without experiencing pains or requesting help. This inexpensive seat is portable, lightweight, and versatile enough to fit most toilets. This affordable 4-inch white toilet seat simplifies getting in and out with a perfect polyethylene construction that is easy to clean.
This elevated toilet seat is compatible with most standard and elongated toilets. With this product, you can easily convey it into where it is needed for those in need of assistance.
- Allows for easy stand and sit down
- Provides needed support for those in need
- It is affordable and portable to move.
- This item has stability concerns.
- Some toilet seats will not fit on top appropriately
Vaunn Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Padded Handles and Locking Mechanism
This raised toilet seat from Vaunn adds 4-inches of height to your existing toilet seat. This makes it easier to sit down or stand up from the toilet. It has an anti-slip surface with push pins and a locking mechanism. This ensures a secure fit on the toilet bowl rim.
Removable padded handles provide a comfortable grip to help lift off of the toilet seat. This raised toilet seat weighs less than 5-pounds and is easy to store. The contoured seat is designed with a wider surface for added comfort. This raised seat will fit on most standard and elongated toilets. It’s very easy to clean and is easy to assemble.
- Adds 4-inches of height
- Includes a locking mechanism to fit securely to the toilet seat
- Weighs only 5-pounds
- Removable handles
- Tool-free assembly
- There is nothing to secure the back of the seat to the toilet
PCP Raised Toilet Seat and Safety Frame with Adjustable Height
This two-in-one product doubles as a stability safety frame and as a raised toilet seat. It includes a molded plastic seat with a bottomless splash guard to ensure waste goes directly into the toilet.
The seat height adjusts from 18-inches up to 23-inches and has an overall width of 21-inches. The maximum weight this toilet seat riser can support is 275-pounds. The vinyl hand grips on the handles provide added comfort while using the toilet seat. This is a great alternative to a raised toilet seat which requires it to be locked into place. This product allows you to move this into place easily for those who need assistance. You can then move it easily out of the way when it is not needed.
- Doubles as a stability safety frame and a raised toilet seat
- Includes a bottomless splash guard to direct waste
- Seat height adjusts from 18-inches up to 23-inches
- Arm width is only about 18-inches making it too narrow for some individuals
Vive Toilet Seat Riser with Handles and Padded Arms, Standard
This toilet seat riser from Vive adds 3.5-inches of height to an existing standard toilet seat. It fits under the toilet seat making it easier to sit and stand up without too much bending. This is a great bathroom safety solution for the elderly or anyone with limited mobility.
This can be installed under any standard toilet seat. It includes all the hardware necessary to attach the riser securely to the toilet without the use of any tools. The seat riser comes with removable handles which are padded with soft foam hand grips. The handles provide a non-slip surface for a safe and secure grip when sitting down or standing up.
This toilet seat riser will support up to 300-pounds and is split-resistant. This seat riser is a safe solution to help give some independence back to you or your loved one in your bathroom.
- Adds 3.5-inches of height to any standard toilet seat
- Tool-free installation
- Removable soft foam grip handles
Carex 3.5-inch Toilet Riser with Padded Handles, Easy on and off
The Carex 3.5-inch toilet seat riser is made to provide comfortable and easy access to the toilet for people combating mobility issues. The high toilet seat is very durable and reliable and creates a relaxing experience for the user. This inexpensive toilet riser is easy to clean.
This product is adjustable for additional convenience, padded arms therein provide boosting support, strength, and security you need when sitting or getting off the toilet. Unique padded covers can be removed or added depending on the user’s preference.
- Works with elongated toilets
- Padded handles provide additional comfort.
- Durable and safe to use
- Easy to set up and clean
- Comes with plastic washers
OasisSpace Raised Toilet Seat with Padded Handles
This toilet seat from OasisSpace raises the toilet seat 5-inches to help support those with limited mobility. It includes an anti-slip feature and has a locking mechanism to ensure that it stays attached securely to the toilet bowl.
This raised toilet seat supports up to 300-pounds and is equipped with padded rail handles. The textured rubber handles create a comfortable non-slip surface and a secure grip when sitting or standing.
This product is easy to assemble and fits most standard and elongated toilets. A splash guard helps ensure waste makes it directly into the toilet bowl.
- Raises the seat height 5-inches
- Locking mechanism to secure the toilet seat to the toilet bowl
- Supports up to 300-pounds
- Includes padded rail handles
- The anchor in the back is only 1.5-inches high which doesn’t fit all toilets
MOBB Elevated Raised Toilet Seat with Arms and Legs
This raised toilet seat offers a stable platform over your existing toilet. The height is adjustable from 18.5-inches up to 21-inches. This elevated seat securely attaches to your existing toilet with a twist on clamp at the front of the product. This clamp locks the frame to the bowl to provide stability when sitting down or standing up.
The toilet seat has foam rubber handles providing a comfortable, non-slip grip when using the raised seat. It is easy to assemble and will give anyone using it peace of mind with its stable platform.
- Height is adjustable from 18.5-inches to 21-inches
- Attaches to the existing toilet bowl with a twist on clamp
- Includes foam rubber handles
- Back legs do not fit well over wider toilets
Medline Elevated Heavy Duty Raised Toilet Seat
This simple raised toilet seat from Medline has a maximum weight capacity of 300-pounds. It elevates the toilet seat and additional 4.5-inches and has a seat width of 15-inches.
The inner lip on this elevated toilet seat ensures that the seat remains stable on top of your existing toilet. This product is constructed of heavy duty white polyethylene and is easy to install.
- Fits most standard toilets
- Weight capacity of 300-pounds
- Elevates the seat height by 4.5-inches
- Seat sits on top of the toilet without a way to attach it
HealthSmart Portable Elevated Raised Toilet Seat Riser, White
This toilet seat riser by HealthSmart adds 5-inches in height to your existing toilet seat. This is ideal for elderly individuals or anyone with limited mobility. The universal size of this raised toilet seat ensures it will fit most standard toilets. It is slip-resistant and includes 4 pads that adhere to the toilet bowl to secure the raised seat in place.
The HealthSmart raised toilet seat riser has a maximum weight capacity of 250-pounds. It is made of molded, unbreakable polyethylene which ensures that this raised seat will last you for years.
- Adds 5-inches in height to your existing toilet seat
- Universal size of 14.5-inches x 15-inches x 5-inches
- Supports up to 250-pounds
- Does not fit well on round toilet seats
- The anti-slip pads still allow the toilet to slide slightly
Frequently Asked Questions About Raised Toilet Seats
Whether you are looking for a raised toilet seat for your home or a loved one, you want to be sure and do your research first. There are several things you should consider before deciding. We have provided some answers to frequently asked questions to help you select the best raised toilet product for your home.
How To Install Raised Toilet Seat?
There are different types of raised toilet seats and we will share with you how to install the most common types.
- Raised toilet seat with an Adjustable knob – This type of toilet seat requires you to raise the toilet lid and seat so it is out of the way. Next, you can turn the adjustment knob on the new toilet seat counterclockwise. This will loosen the bracket making the toilet ring insert small enough to be placed in the toilet bowl.
Place the raised toilet seat on the toilet bowl rim. Hook the rear flange underneath the back edge of the bowl and push the toilet seat back as far as possible.
Be sure it is centered on the bowl rim. Now, turn the adjustment knob clockwise to tighten it securely to the toilet bowl.
- Adjustable height raised toilet seat – For this type of raised seat, you need to lift the existing toilet seat and lid so it is out of the way. Check all the height adjustment clamps to ensure they are at the same height setting. Place the raised seat into the toilet bowl. The clamps should slide naturally over the sides of the toilet bowl. Once the clamps are positioned, you can tighten them with a wrench.
- Free-standing raised toilet seat – This type of toilet seat simply sits on top of the existing toilet bowl. Raise the existing toilet lid and seat to move them out of the way. Place the raised toilet seat onto the existing toilet bowl. Be sure the taller end of the raised seat is at the back of the bowl. Press gently on the toilet seat to secure it in place over the bowl.
How To Clean Raised Toilet Seat?
Elevated or raised toilet seats are quite simple to clean. You can use a mixture of bleach and warm water to wipe off the raised seat and sanitize it periodically. It is not recommended to use harsh chemicals on most raised seats, especially if they are made of hard plastic as this can ruin the coating on the seat.
What Are Raised Toilet Seats Used For?
The purpose of a raised toilet seat is to raise the height of the toilet to a comfortable level. This prevents excessive bending which is often difficult for the elderly or for people with limited mobility. A raised toilet seat with a safety frame provides added stability and handles to help sit down and stand up at the toilet.
Where To Buy Raised Toilet Seats?
Raised toilet seats are often readily available at medical supply stores. You can also find them at pharmacy’s and national drugstore chains. There are also many places online you can shop for a raised toilet seat. Many of these online stores will ship directly to your home. Some online resources will also help you determine if a raised toilet seat can be covered by your health insurance!
If you need to find a raised toilet seat for yourself or a loved one, do not feel overwhelmed with the numerous choices. Review our frequently asked questions above and look at the top product picks we shared with you. Determine what features are important to you and then select a raised toilet seat that meets all of your needs!