If you recently purchased a pool table and now you are wondering what is the best pool table lights to buy, then you are just in luck. Pool table lights are needed to completely transform your gaming room and set it in the right mood. In this article, we take a critical look at the best product.
Top Products on the Market
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Products on the Market
- 2 Buying Guide to Consider When Making a Buying Decision
- 3 FAQs On Best Pool Table Lights
- 4 Conclusion
Yes, there are several fantastic pool table lights on the market. However, the best are those outlined below:
Wellmet Billiard Light Pool Table
It is made of premium metal that is rust and corrosion resistant with a colorful billiard ball on its load-bearing. It is bright enough to light up your pool table. It is suitable for game rooms, dining rooms. Café, bedroom, restaurant, and billiard room.
Its modern and stylish design offers excellent lighting while being easy to maintain. It is also affordable; the light leaves no shadow or glaring effect. It is available in four color options which include red, green, black, and red with two sizes to give users options. The two variants are compatible with 3 to 4 60-watts bulbs (incandescent, LED or CFL).
- It has a simple, classic design
- It is sturdy, durable and lightweight
- It is not suitable for high ceilings due to its short chain
CO-Z Pool Table Light
It is an exquisitely, handcrafted, glass pool light that’s a fusion of contemporary and antique design and is suitable for a 7 to the 9-foot billiard table. It is functional but that doesn’t stop it from being elegant and luxurious. The light radiates through an amber, cream, and honey tone glass pieces from which it brightens the whole place with its vibrant and soft light.
Furthermore, the light is bright enough to illuminate the whole table bed with a hanging chain that’s able to adjust from 33-inches to 66-inches, hence it is ideal for tall ceilings. Also, its installation is simple and straightforward, it can fit three E26 bulbs with a maximum of 100 watts in each canopy.
- It features a one-year warranty
- Long and adjustable hanging chain
- It is heavy and will require extra help during installation
Wellmet Pool Table Light for 8’/9’Table
It is a dimmable light that suites any ambiance, it is easy to install and will illuminate your living space, gaming room, or bar in no time. Its hanging chain has 35.4-inch adjustability; hence it can be hung on high ceilings. It is an energy-saving light that uses 3 60-watt max E26 bulbs (to be purchased separately).
Its frame is crafted from a matte black finished steel; it is durable and also has a classic look. It comes in a complete package that features an instruction manual and some screws, wires, and nuts for installation.
- It is easy to install
- It is sturdy and durable
- It has some finishing issues
56-Inch Billiard Light for 7’/8’/9’Pool Tables
It is a heavy-duty metal billiard light with three 14-inch metal billiard light along with white high-gloss reflection and a white paint finishing on the inside. Its hanging chains can be adjusted; it also comes with mounting hardware with an installation manual included.
This light is UL certified and can either be installed through hardwiring or just a plugin with an adaptor (adaptor has to be purchased separately). It can fit three 60 to 150-watt bulbs (bulbs to be purchased separately too). It is suitable for 7′ to 8′ pool tables and can be used in any enclosed space. It features excellent customer service along with a 100% product warranty.
- Ease of installation
- It is certified by the relevant regulatory body
- Does not feature an installation manual
LAKIQ 3 Lights Island High Hanging Pool Table Light
It has a bulb base suitable for three lights; however, the bulb has to be purchased separately. Its fixture height is 11.81” (30cm), a width of 38.58” (98cm) with a chain length of 39.37” (100cm). The hanging light is fit for the living room, for dining rooms, bars, restaurants, gaming rooms, and others.
Furthermore, it is a good choice for various decoration styles including loft-style, industrial style, vintage style, and contemporary. It has a dimension of 45 x 12.8 x 12.3 inches and a weight of 14.62 pounds.
- It has excellent customer service
- It is easy to install
- Poor construction quality
RAM Gameroom Products 44-Inch Billiard Table Light
RAM has a four-light design along with a stained glass billiard design. It is available in three colors which are blue, green, and orange. It features a canopy kit and a 3-inch chain for each side.
When turned on, it sets the ideal atmosphere for playing pool games. The light fixture has a length of 44-inches and is suitable for 7 and 8-inch foot tables, it can also serve a 9-foot pool table. It features four 150-watts bulbs that provide sufficient illumination for your gaming room. It is easy to install too.
- It is sturdy, strong and durable
- It has an adjustable height
- It is not cheap
Baiwaiz Wood Pool Table Light
We round off with a product that is durable with high-quality workmanship and also UL listing. It can be hotwired with a voltage of 110-120V. It is suitable for a billiard room, dining room, bar counter, or kitchen island.
Furthermore, it is compatible with incandescent, halogen, LED or compact fluorescent light, it has a sturdy iron construction with a painted black rusty finish and a solid wood frame decoration, this gives it a rusty and an industrial style. It is highly adjustable; it features mounting hardware and manual for easy installation.
- It has a wide application
- It is adjustable and easy to install
- It has a high price tag
Buying Guide to Consider When Making a Buying Decision
It’s not enough to settle for just any pool table light that catches your fancy, this may lead to a wrong decision. To help you make the right choice, we have outlined the features to look out for when making a purchase. They include:
Pool light comes in a variety of designs, the choice to go for would depend on personal preference. However, note that each design has its pros and cons.
Tiffany themed lights have more illumination but will be required to be hung higher as the light tends to be dispersed differently. For spaces with high ceilings, it’s best to go for a lightweight multi-shade light featuring an adjustable chain. It’s not ideal to install a stained light in such ceilings as it may sway thereby causing injury.
Bulb and Wattage
You will have to make a choice between LED, CFL or incandescent bulbs. They are all clearly marked with the max wattage acceptable and the number of bulbs it can accommodate. It’s important to adhere to these specifications to avoid burning the fixture. For LED bulbs, an 8 to 10 watt is suitable, 15 to 20-watt bulb for CFL while incandescent works well with 50 to 60-watt bulb.
This is also important to consider how you intend to install the fixture. Most users prefer to hardwire their lighting but this has to be done by a licensed electrician, doing it yourself may lead to a serious injury. Another option is corded wiring, but while doing this, ensure the cables are placed out of sight.
FAQs On Best Pool Table Lights
Q: How to Light a Pool Table?
A: To light a pool table take note of the following:
- The bed, as well as the rails of the pool table, must receive a minimum of 48-foot candles (520 lux) of light at each point
- If the light fixture above the pool table is moveable (referee), the minimum height of the light fixture must not be lower than 1.016m (40 inches) above the table’s bed.
- If the light fixture above the pool table cannot be moved, then the light fixture should not be lower than 1.65m (65 inches) above the table.
- The intensity of light directed at players should not be blinding. To qualify as being blinding, the light starts from 5000 lux (465-foot candles) at a direct view.
Q: How to Hang a Pool Table Light?
A: To hang a pool table light, take the following steps:
- Go into your attic and put some braces between your choice so that you have something to hook the high bolts up to for the top of your chain
- Select where you want the pool light to be stationed
- Put your high bolts in ensuring your light is centered over the table
- Once the height and position of the light has been determined, secure the ends of the chain to each end of the right
- Switch on the light and begin to play
Q: How High Should a Pool Table Light Be?
A: According to the world pool association, a pool light is not supposed to be lower than 40 inches from the table
Q: What Size Light for the Pool Table?
A: The size of the light depends on the size of the pool table.
- For 3.5’x 7’table, it is recommended you use 3 lights/35”to 55” length
- For 4’ x 8’table, use 3 to 4 lights/40”to 60” length
- For 4.5’x 9’table, use 4 to 5 lights/60”to 80” length
So, there it is! The best pool table lights outlined and reviewed to help you make the best choice. We didn’t stop at that, we also gave you some buying guides to consider and answered some burning questions you may have. Armed with this information, it’s time to make a choice, your pool table will thank you for it.