Polaris has dozens of different pool cleaners. Every one of its models has its unique features that set it apart from the others.
That makes it hard to answer the question, “which Polaris pool cleaner is best to buy?” However, here I have compiled a list of the best Polaris pool cleaners for 2020.
Top 8 Polaris Pool Cleaner Reviews – 2020 Top Picks
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 8 Polaris Pool Cleaner Reviews – 2020 Top Picks
- 1.1 1. Zodiac Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Zodiac Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Zodiac Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner Kit
- 1.5 5. Zodiac Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 6-130-00 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Polaris 65 Big and Small Kit
- 1.7 7. Polaris F6 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Polaris 65 Turbo Turtle
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Final Words
Let’s dive into the review of the Polaris pool cleaners that you should consider buying for your swimming facility.
1. Zodiac Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
It is the 280 model and offers a lot of features that make it stand out from the rest. I have listed some of them below:
- For inground pools – It works for all inground swimming pools, no matter their shape or size. One thing you should remember is that it needs Polaris booster pump to work effectively.
- Connect to 1.5 inches line – It is a universal model that you can connect to your pool’s dedicated pressure cleaner line of 1.5 inches. That means you do not need to spend more money on buying additional accessories.
- 31 feet feed hose – The unit also comes with a long hose that allows you to reach the furthest corner of your pool. That hose connects to a vacuum inlet of 2.25 inches.
- Connect with other models – You can connect this unit to Polaris model 280 and 480 cleaners. Note that it won’t work with Polaris 360 and 380 cleaners.
2. Zodiac Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
It is a model that has most of the features of the 280 model, as you will find out from the features I have listed here.
- For inground pools – The cleaner works quietly effectively for all inground pools, making it a unit that can serve your needs.
- 5-liter debris bag – It comes with a huge bag that can collect up to five liters. What that means is that you can clean more and waste less time cleaning your vacuum.
- Connects 1.5 inches pressure line – You can have an easy time when connecting it since it is a universal unit that connects to your 1.5 inches pressure cleaner line.
- 50% more torque – It provides more power to drive the all-wheel PosiDrive system and its stainless steel chain.
- 31 feet feed hose – The black hose comes in handy to allow you to clean every corner of your swimming pool.
3. Zodiac Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
Another pool cleaner by Zodiac Polaris that cleans inground pools is the F9350 model. It offers some impressive features as seen here:
- 2-wheel drive – It might not be the best when it comes to the drive, but it won’t get stuck thanks to the aqua-tracks tires. They allow it to move over all pool surfaces with ease.
- ActiveMotion sensor technology – The tech plays a role when it comes to navigation in small and large pools.
- Vortex vacuum technology – You can have peace of mind knowing that the cleaner will pick large debris without losing suction.
- Rea water propulsion system – It helps the unit to reach dirt under stairs or in tight corners.
4. Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner Kit
Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner Kit is a kit that you can use the entire season to enjoy a clean pool. The package offers some fantastic features as I have listed them below:
- Includes three 280 filter bags – It also consists of the standard replacement bag (K16), sand and silt replacement bag (K14), and durable zipper replacement bag (K13).
- Perfect gift – It is a kit that you can gift your loved one during the festive seasons.
- For all-year-round – The above filter bags can allow you to clean your pool during the winter, autumn, summer, and spring.
- Quite affordable – It is a kit that you can easily afford and have peace of mind that you will get value for your money.
5. Zodiac Polaris Vac-Sweep 65 6-130-00 Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
It is a pool cleaner that you can use to clean your above ground vinyl pool by Zodiac Polaris. You can use it to clean a pool of up to five feet deep.
- Easy to install – It is one of the most accessible pool cleaners that you will ever come across when installing. You don’t need to seek professional help when doing that.
- Powered by water pressure – The model won’t raise your power bill because the water pressure powers it. It runs using the water that enters your pool, ensuring that the skimmer and filter do their work effectively.
- Patented jet sweep assembly – The tech helps to blow the water against your pool’s wall to loosen hardened debris. It is also a high tech that allows the cleaner to wash all hard-to-reach places.
- Huge filter bags – They help to collect as much debris and dirt as possible before you need to clean the cleaner.
6. Polaris 65 Big and Small Kit
Here is another kit that you can get from Polaris for Polaris 65 Pool Cleaner. It is a superb kit that provides you with all the things you would need to enjoy a clean swimming pool.
- One extra hose – It is an excellent addition that comes in handy when the original hose gets damaged or worn out. You won’t need to visit the market to get a replacement hose any time soon.
- One extra filtration bag – You can use the bag to replace the original one also and continue to enjoy excellent filtration.
- Compact size – The kit comes in a compact size that makes it easy to move from one place to the other.
7. Polaris F6 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Here is a pool cleaner that you can count on to get all the dirt and messes off your swimming pool. It provides some fantastic features, such as:
- 40 GPM – It helps to move a lot of water to ensure that your pool gets cleaned within minutes. That is all possible due to the 3-jet system it possesses.
- 50% more torque – The 50% more torque arises due to the PosiDrive system and the sturdy stainless steel chain of the cleaner.
- TailSweep Pro – Another feature of the model is the TailSweep Pro that helps to provide ultimate sweeping action while preventing the water from getting on the deck.
- Dual Chamber SuperBag – They help to collect more dirt and debris than what you would collect with standard filter bags.
- Easy to use – It is one of the easiest to use model, and you won’t take a lot of time when assembling it.
8. Polaris 65 Turbo Turtle
At #8 is the Polaris Turbo Turtle and is one of the best units you can get from this brand. I have listed some of its best features below:
- Above Ground Pools – It is a pressure-side cleaner that you can use to clean your above-ground pool, both the fiberglass and vinyl units.
- Connects to 1.5 inches line – You can easily connect it to the dedicated 1.5 inches return line of your pool, and it has a 24 feet float hose.
- Powered by water pressure – The unit is powered by the water pressure, meaning that you won’t waste money on power bills.
- Patented jet sweep assembly – The tech ensures that the cleaner covers your entire pool as it blows water to the walls and stairs.
- Quite affordable – It is one of the most affordable models you can get today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is My Polaris Pool Cleaner Floating?
A: Leaks in the hoe can cause the model to lose pressure, making it float above the water. You can check for leaks by turning the machine on and pulling the hose out of the pool.
See if trickles or bubbles are coming out of the hose.
Q: How Does the Polaris Pool Cleaner Work?
A: The body of the pool cleaner is connected to a hose that is connected to the pool’s water return jet. It is the water pressure that helps to drive the floating cleaner around your pool.
There is also a sweep hose that wags underwater that blasts the water on the walls.
Q: How to Disconnect Polaris Pool Cleaner?
A: The Polaris pool cleaner hose connects to the return jet via a small accessory called a quick disconnect. You can detach it from the return jet and hose; in case you want to clean any clog – you can then rinse it to remove any debris.
Q: How to Tell What Model Polaris Pool Cleaner I Have?
A: The newer models of Polaris cleaners have a serial number that you can use to identify the model. For instance, if the serial number starts with L, then it is the 360 model, K is the 380 model, and C is the 280 unit.
You can also check the jet holes, for older models, where one jet hole in the 180 model, two jet holes is the 280, and three holes are the 360 or 380 model (380 units requires a booster pump).
You can now choose the best Polaris pool cleaner from the shelves and have peace of mind that it will work for your needs. I have reviewed the best units for 2020.