Family bonding time includes time spent in the pool. You can always look forward to having a good time with your family during the summer in a temperature-controlled pool.
Are you one of those with the question what is the best natural gas pool heater to buy? Well, you are just in luck as we will be reviewing the best products in this article. Let’s begin already, shall we?
Top Products on the Market
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Products on the Market
- 1.1 1. Pentair 461059 Master Temp Natural Gas 125K, BTU Heater
- 1.2 2. Hayward H150FDN Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
- 1.3 3. Pentair 460736 MasterTemp High-Performance Eco-Friendly Pool Heater
- 1.4 4. Raypak 105, 000 BTU Swimming Pool and Spa Heater
- 1.5 5. Ruud C-R406A-EN-X Ruud Rheem Gas Pool Heater
- 2 FAQs On Natural Gas Pool Heater
- 3 Wrap Up
The top products on the market include:
1. Pentair 461059 Master Temp Natural Gas 125K, BTU Heater
This product has a capacity of 400,000 BTU, it runs fully on natural gas with low emission of Nitrogen oxide thereby preventing environmental pollution. It has a rustproof plastic exterior which helps it to last for a longer time. However, the plastic is brittle and prone to cracks and may break off during installation.
Despite the downsides, we like that its made well and has an appealing look. It is also easy to use and works efficiently. It is capable of heating more than 15,000 gallons of water and is also well suited for an in-ground pool ranging from 78-inches to 85-inches; it heats the water in less than six hours.
- It is aesthetically pleasing
- It is suitable for in-ground pools
- The quality has to be improved upon
2. Hayward H150FDN Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
It is a standard Cupronickel heat exchanger that is made of superior quality and can be relied as it does its job efficiently and without much hassle.
It features a patented polymer header. It also has a bypass valve design that gives the heater the ultimate reliability and efficiency. This product has a professional and easy installation and also has a low NOx emission, hence it is environmentally friendly.
It combines technology with flexibility making it a product of value. This heater has great flexibility thereby making it ideal for existing or new installations. It features right-side electric or left-side electric and has both gas and water connections with a 110v or 220v electric hook up.
It features a rust-resistant water path along with a polymer header assembly and also a rapid-heat combustion chamber. It comes with a one-year warranty and helps you save up to 18% on pump run-time.
- It has a low gas emission
- It has a rust-resistant water path
- It’s loud when in operation
3. Pentair 460736 MasterTemp High-Performance Eco-Friendly Pool Heater
This is a compact and quiet heater that is ideal for most spas and pools. It is known to emit a very little amount of Nitrogen Oxide. It also has a tough and rust-resistant exterior. One of the highlights of this product is its rotating digital display which enables users to easily view what’s going on.
It has a manual gas shut-off that kicks in when the heater needs to be serviced. It runs on natural gas and has a capacity of 400,000BTU. It emits only a small amount of gas thereby making it an eco-friendly heater.
It is efficient, convenient, has ease of use and its also reliable. Also, we like that its heats up water in a pool at a fast rate while operating with little or no noise.
- It has a noiseless operation
- It is convenient, efficient and reliable
- It is not so durable
4. Raypak 105, 000 BTU Swimming Pool and Spa Heater
This product is made to have an ease of installation and is particularly ideal for above ground pools, spas and also in-ground pools, hence it can be said to have a versatile function. It has a standard 120v three-prong power cord that can be easily converted to 220v.
Besides, it has a simple analog thermostat dial that helps the accurate temperature setting of pools and spas. The gas connection measures 5/8-inches off ground level and is also ½-inches NPT. It has a unit measurement of 27.5-inches (H) x 12-inches (W) x 24-inches (D).
Furthermore, it has a compact size; it is reliable, efficient and robust. It features a soft opening gas valve that makes it easy to light up the pilot while the spark-to-pilot ignition system ensures it delivers fast and reliable heat from its burner tray made of stainless steel.
- It is versatile and easy to install
- It is compact, robust and reliable
- Its quality could be improved upon
5. Ruud C-R406A-EN-X Ruud Rheem Gas Pool Heater
Ruud is a 406K BTU electronic heater that runs on natural gas. It has a Cupronickel heat exchanger as well as a microprocessor-controlled thermostat. We like that it is self-diagnostic, hence it tells you when there’s something wrong.
Also, it has a remote compatibility. It features stainless steel burners and has a smooth light off. Furthermore, it features pilot ignition, cool running and has a wind-resistant design. It also has a PolyTurf powder coating and also condensation-free operation.
- It is rugged and sturdy
- It is efficient and easy to use
- It is not cheap
FAQs On Natural Gas Pool Heater
Q: How to Install a Gas Pool Heater?
A: To install a gas pool heater, take the following steps:
- Choose an ideal location for the heater
- Channel water into the gas heater
- Channel warm water into the pool
- Connect the electrical power and the gas supply line
- Test run the setup
Q: What Size Gas Pool Heater Do I Need?
A: For an average pool of 15-inches x 30-inches which can take up to 15, 000 gallons of water, a 300K BTU heater is suitable as it will raise the temperature to 2o per hour while a 400K BTU will raise the temperature by 2.7o per hour.
Q: What Size Gas Line for 400 000 BTU Pool Heater?
A: For a 400 000 BTU pool heater, a one-inch gas line will be sufficient enough. Anything more will be overkill.
The best natural gas pool heater can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy family bonding time in your pool. You have a lot of options to choose from the products reviewed in this article, so ensure you go through them while also considering your budget.