Rising water bills can be a bit of a scare. But then how do you ensure that you don’t trade off a good showering experience in an attempt to cut down on cost. A low flow showerhead should ordinarily strike a balance between these two.
But seeing that there are a number of products and brands available to choose from, one question that might have been bugging your mind is, what is the best low flow shower heads on the market? Follow me as we find out.
The 7 Best Low Flow Shower Heads
Table of Contents
- 1 The 7 Best Low Flow Shower Heads
- 1.1 1. Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2O Kinetic Shower Head
- 1.2 2. High Sierra’s All Metal Low Flow Shower Head
- 1.3 3. Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head
- 1.4 4. Speakman Polished Chrome S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream High Pressure Shower Head
- 1.5 5. Niagara Earth Massage 1.25 GPM Low Flow Shower Head
- 1.6 6. Aqua Elegante High Pressure Shower Head Bronze
- 1.7 7. Hopopro High Pressure Fixed 9 Functions Adjustable Bathroom Shower Head
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
1. Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2O Kinetic Shower Head
The Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2O Kinetic Shower Head is totally worth considering for anyone who’s looking for a low shower head that works. Its patented WaterSense label uses about 20% less water while at the same time giving you a powerful spray.
This showerhead sculpts water into a unique wave pattern to create more warming, full coverage, high intensity, and high-pressure experience. Its self-cleaning spray holes prevent mineral and lime from building up. Thereby increasing the time spent in comfort and reducing the time spent on cleaning.
- H2Okinetic shower technology for an intensive drench spray
- Beautiful and durable chrome finish
- User-friendly design
- Clog free holes
- Dual flow settings: 2.5 or 1.85 gallons per minute
- 2.5 GPM flow costs more than showerheads with less output
2. High Sierra’s All Metal Low Flow Shower Head
If you want to cut down on expenses without compromising performance, then the High Sierra’s All Metal Low Flow Shower Head is one product you should look out for. Its patented showerhead nozzle design ensures that you enjoy a powerful spray while using less water.
With this showerhead, you can save as much 40% water while conserving the energy that would have been expended on heating that 40%. It is made in the USA. This goes on to prove that its parts are durable and superior and can be vouched for any time any day.
- Antibacterial solid metal parts
- Patented FCS nozzle
- Non-clog showerhead design
- 1.5 gallons per minute (GPM) might be considered small when compared to what other products offer
3. Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head
Who would have known that showering could save your money and energy? Well, with the Aqua Elegante 3 Inch High-Pressure Shower Head, you’ll not only leave the shower feeling refreshed, but you’ll also leave with a satisfied smirk knowing that you got the better deal.
This low flow showerhead boasts of durable construction that will not rust or have internal leaks even after several years of use. Its self-cleaning nozzle design combined with its jet water flow shape saves you the stress of having to worry over clog cleaning and calcium build up.
- Durable brass fittings prevent cracks and leakages
- Ball-joint design for more motion coverage
- Step-by-step instruction for quick and easy installation
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- The showerhead isn’t handheld
4. Speakman Polished Chrome S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream High Pressure Shower Head
If you get frustrated with the time spent trying to get the soap off your skin while you shower, then perhaps, you should consider the Speakman High-Pressure Shower Head. Its 2.5 GPM maintains high water pressure at a constant flow.
Speakman has always been known for its sleek and modern appeal, and this showerhead is no different. It isn’t only functional; it adds a touch of class to your bathroom. Its patented Anystream 360-degree system allows you to easily switch between intense setting, massage setting, and a combination of both.
- High-pressure construction
- Self-clean plungers prevent clog, hard water, and sediment build-up
- Anystream technology for easy transition between different spray patterns
- Beautiful and modern appeal
- 2.5 GPM
- The head doesn’t have full range motion
5. Niagara Earth Massage 1.25 GPM Low Flow Shower Head
If you’ve been looking for a low showerhead that will save you cost while ensuring you leave the shower feeling invigorated, then you could check out the Niagara Earth Massage 1.25 GPM Low Flow Showerhead.
Although with a GPM noticeably smaller than the ones reviewed so far, this showerhead is still a remarkable choice anytime. Its design doesn’t just boast of an attractive appeal. It is also corrosion resistant.
Irrespective of water pressure, it still provides you with a consistent flow rate. With a 1.25 GPM, you’re sure to save about 30% energy that would have been expended on heating.
- High impact ABS thermostatic body
- 9-jet adjustable turbo massage seamlessly transitions between gentle and forceful jet
- Uses 75% less water
- Water flow cannot be paused without turning it off
6. Aqua Elegante High Pressure Shower Head Bronze
The Aqua Elegante High Pressure Shower Head Bronze is one luxury and functional shower addition you want to consider. It offers 2.5 gallons per minute at a consistent flow rate, thereby allowing you to experience the joy of being drenched in clean water.
This showerhead is designed to ensure that water is not sprayed all over your bath space but is directed at you. Constructed from mineral-resistant silicone, this showerhead will ensure that even into the years you enjoy yourself without having to worry about clogging.
- Durable brass fitting
- Self-cleaning silicon jet nozzles
- Instructional guide for easy installation
- It cannot be handheld
7. Hopopro High Pressure Fixed 9 Functions Adjustable Bathroom Shower Head
Closing our list is the powerful Hopopo High-Pressure Fixed Shower Head. This number is built for strength and will last you into the years. It boasts of a nine spray mode design. Meaning you can enjoy a refreshing and sensual bath while easily switching between the spray styles of your choice.
Made of high-quality ABS chrome, this showerhead is lightweight, rust-proof, fade-proof, corrosion-resistant, and ultra-durable. You get to enjoy higher pressure at a reduced water consumption rate with their innovative air injection technology.
- Nine spray patterns
- High pressure and powerful flow
- Durable ABS construction
- 66 self-jet cleaning nozzles
- Extra accessories: Teflon tape, flow resistor, and a small wrench
- Instructional manual to help with setup
- 2.5 GPM uses more energy and water when compared to some other products
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are Low Flow Showerheads?
A: It is a showerhead designed to limit your water consumption while you shower. Of course, showerheads cannot control how much time you spend in the shower, but they can help reduce the overall amount of water heating cost you’ll have to pay eventually.
The standard output for low flow showerheads is 2.5 gallons per minute (GPM), though this a times vary with models and products.
Q: How Much Water Do Low Flow Showerheads Save?
A: If you use a traditional showerhead, you could use as much as 440 gallons of water per month just on showering alone, that’s about 5,250 gallons of water in a year. If you use a low flow showerhead, you could cut it down to about 262 gallons per month or 3,150 gallons per year.
That is to say that you could cut down on over 2000 gallons yearly if you decide to opt for a low flow showerhead. In percentage, you could save as much as 60% every month.
Q: How Do Low Flow Showerheads Work?
A: We have two types of low flow showerheads, and as expected, they work differently. Aerating showerheads mix the water with air to increase density. By doing so, it results in a misty spray with enough pressure still to effectively leave you clean. One pro with this is it has a large coverage area.
Laminar flow showerhead, on the other hand, separates the water into different streams. This is usually a good choice for really humid areas, as it results in less moisture and less steam than the aerating low flow showerhead.
Low flow showerheads are totally worth investing in, especially if you consider the long term benefits that could be derived from it. I know making a selection sometimes can be pretty confusing- annoying even. That’s why I’ve compiled seven of the best flow shower heads consumer reports for you to choose from. I’m almost so sure you’ll be grinning with appreciation wherever you are.