Cleaning a hot tub can become a tiring chore especially when you don’t have the right cleaning tools. Washing the entire tub and scrubbing it to get rid of the algae is channeling and time-consuming at the same time. Hot tub vacuum cleaners are here to help us do the job precisely. But you got to be sure you have the best one.
5 Best Hot Tub Vacuum For Cleaning Your Spa
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Hot Tub Vacuum For Cleaning Your Spa
- 1.1 1. Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum
- 1.2 2. PoolSupplyTown Pool Spa Jacuzzi Pond Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner w/ Brush, Bag, and 4′ Pole
- 1.3 3. GAME 4855 Spa and Pool Vacuum
- 1.4 4. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft and Two Interchangeable Brush Heads, Gray/Black
- 1.5 5. New Polaris 5-100-00 Spa Wand Swimming Pool/Spa Cleaner Vacuum 510000 Blue OEM
- 2 How Does A Hot Tub Vacuum Work?
- 3 Factors To Consider For Buying The Right Hot Tub Vacuum
- 4 Why Choose A Hot Tub Vacuum For Cleaning?
- 5 Summing Up
What is the best hot tub vacuum? This question could be tricky to answer when so many brands are out there selling them at different prices and features. To help you make the decision, here are the best 5 hot tub vacuums reviewed:
1. Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum
- It cleans the entire bottom of the hot tub within a couple of minutes
- The unit is simple to use
- It’s lightweight and it has very few parts
- No pump is required to power the vacuum
- It’s not a great option for cleaning a large hot tub or spa
Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa Vacuum extends over 7 feet with its aluminum-made telescopic pole. It’s a self-contained vacuum that doesn’t require a pump, batteries or water hook-up to operate. It uses a siphon action to remove dirt and debris.
You can also count on it to pick pennies, beach sand, and rocks. To use the vacuum, cover the hole in the handle with your thumb before you submerge it into the tub and let go to capture the dirt and debris.
Suction is created by the influx of the air. All the dirt is sucked into the canister. As you remove the vacuum from the tub, the water closes the canister so that the debris doesn’t leak back into clean water.
2. PoolSupplyTown Pool Spa Jacuzzi Pond Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner w/ Brush, Bag, and 4′ Pole
- It’s an amazing tool to pick up leaves and other types of debris that gets everywhere
- The vacuum is perfect for cleaning hot tubs and smaller pools
- Its suction is great especially when you have good water pressure
- it comes with a collection bag that’s very easy to empty out
- Putting the parts together may not be easy as instructions to use are unclear
PoolSupplyTown Pool Spa Jacuzzi Pond Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner works just fine. You have to connect it to your water hose and with the water pressure, it will create a venturi effect to suck the leaves and other debris into its collection bag.
Setting it up might not be easy if you are doing it for the first time. Once you have hooked it up with a garden hose, place it into the hot tub and turn on the hose.
The vacuum head comes with a brush, 4 inches pole, and a bag. It easily fits standard garden hose and telescopic poles.
3. GAME 4855 Spa and Pool Vacuum
- It’s very easy to assemble and use
- You will be done with the cleaning in just 5 minutes
- It does a great job sucking up bits of sand and other debris settled at the bottom
- Comes with accessories and attachments
- Watch out for broken and missing parts
GAME 4855 Spa and Pool Vacuum is ideal for cleaning spas, hot tubs, and above-ground pools. It’s very quick in picking up minor debris. It uses simple pump action to create suction and pull everything out of the hot tub. You don’t have to hook it up with a hose.
It comes with attachments like wide nozzles, slide-on brush, and wall mounts to make it easier to clean the hot tub more efficiently. It works very well in garbing debris, sand, and little leaves but it doesn’t do a great job in picking large leaves.
4. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft and Two Interchangeable Brush Heads, Gray/Black
- The vacuum is easy to use and assemble
- It needs to be submerged to function and it turns off automatically
- It’s very quick in sucking up the dirt and debris
- Its battery runs out before you are even done cleaning the pool
Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum is a battery-powered vacuum with a powerful suction. The vacuum has an automatic shutoff feature so as you take it out of the water, it will shut down. Furthermore, there an IPX8 waterproof switch to provide protection against water submersion.
A USB cable is provided for recharging. The product also comes with 2 interchangeable brush heads. A 94-inch telescoping aluminum shaft is provided too. It’s best for cleaning Pure Spas, hot tubs, and above-ground pools.
It’s a reliable vacuum head to keep your pool water clean by removing all dirt and debris but it’s not that powerful. Some users have complained that its battery runs out before you are even done with the cleaning even if it is fully charged.
5. New Polaris 5-100-00 Spa Wand Swimming Pool/Spa Cleaner Vacuum 510000 Blue OEM
- It’s great at sucking debris from the bottom of the spa or pool
- The vacuum doesn’t require, electricity, hose or batteries to work
- It’s quick, easy to set-up and use
- Its suction is poor
- It’s made from a cheap plastic material
New Polaris 5-100-00 Spa Wand Swimming Pool/Spa Cleaner Vacuum is an easy to use tool for ensuring your spa or pool is clean and ready to use.
It doesn’t operate with batteries, you just have to hold onto the ball at the end and pull to create a suction. The vacuum then picks up the debris from the bottom of the pool. It’s also useful in catching the sand and debris settled at the bottom of the pool.
Its interchangeable nozzles let you clean the hard to reach spots very efficiently. Some users say it’s not that powerful when it comes to suction. It’s also made of cheap material so it isn’t that durable either.
How Does A Hot Tub Vacuum Work?
A hot tub vacuum uses suction to clean the dirt and grime stuck in the spa.
These vacuums have a long and sleek design to help you reach all the corners of the tub. The head of the vacuums is kept small to so that it can reach the inside of the tub. It’s capable of sucking out the debris from the surface as well as the drain area.
You can also attach brushes and other cleaning equipment with the hot tub vacuum to thoroughly clean the entire thing.
Factors To Consider For Buying The Right Hot Tub Vacuum
All hot tub vacuums have some feature that makes them reliable and efficient at their job. To make sure you buy the right one, here are the factors you must consider before your final purchase:
Hot tub vacuums make cleaning easier if they have ample suction power. Depending on the size of the tub, you might want to get a vacuum with more power.
· Cord Or Cordless
Hot tub vacuums either come with a cord or they are cordless. The cordless one is handheld whereas the ones with the cord typically have a storage compartment. If you have a big hot tub, you might need a vacuum with a cord. On the other hand, if the tub is small in size, you will be fine with a cordless vacuum.
· Additional Attachments
The cleaning job would become way easier if your hot tub vacuum comes with attachments. It must be capable of attaching a brush, skimmer, sponge, and nozzles. The attachable brush will help you scrub the grime. The skimmer can be used to rake out dust balls or leaves. The sponge helps absorb thick liquids such as lotion or even pollen that’s stuck to the tub. Likewise, the nozzles can help you clean other areas of the tub.
Why Choose A Hot Tub Vacuum For Cleaning?
There is nothing better than having a hot tub vacuum for cleaning the spa. It’s completely capable of sucking all kinds of dirt and debris whether it is leaves, soil or even broken branches.
Obviously, there are parts of a hot tub that are hard to reach. You never know the filter or the pump is covered with debris or mold. The vacuum will be able to reach those tough spots too.
With a hot tub vacuum, you will be saving yourself a lot of time and energy. No manual moping or wiping is required. Plus, you can use the same vacuum to perform multitudes of functions by using accessories and attachments like a sponge, brush, and other nozzles.
Maintaining your hot tub is the key to make it last longer. Plus, it’s a matter of hygiene to keep it clean otherwise, you will be soaking in a tub that has mold or algae hidden inside.
You definitely wouldn’t want to wear yourself out while cleaning your hot tub, right? You can make cleaning more fun and less hassle by considering any of the hot tub vacuums reviewed above, because they are among the highest rated and bestselling products