The spa is always a mesmerizing experience. But dirty and foul-smelling water may spoil your spa experience and may also lead to infections. Hence the role of a good hot tub sanitizer is imperative.
Hot Tub Sanitizers for a sparkling Spa Experience
Table of Contents
- 1 Hot Tub Sanitizers for a sparkling Spa Experience
- 2 Tips to buy the right hot tub sanitizer: Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Hot tub sanitizer helps to keep the water crystal clear and free from microorganisms like bacteria. With several types of hot tub sanitizers available in the market, it is important to understand their basic features to find the appropriate one for your hot tub.
Here are the 5 best Hot Tub Sanitizers which are all set to deliver sparkling Spa experience to the users:
1. Zodiac W20750 Nature2 SPA Stick Mineral Sanitizer
- Eco-friendly sanitizer to keep your hot tub bacteria free.
- Works well with chlorine.
- Helps in reducing chemical uses.
- Clean the hot tub water quickly and efficiently.
- Very simple to use.
- The stick may fall apart due to excessive pressure.
It is one of the comprehensive solutions for spa sanitization. This mineral sanitizer is great to use for short term and long term. With no health hazards, this sanitizer is selling in the market for the last few years and has not received any much negative feedback so far. This sanitizer is also regarded for its speedy act of cleaning your spa water.
If you observe a rattling sound, there are the chances that the stick has been fallen apart due excessive pressure in certain spas.
2. Jacuzzi ProClear Mineral Spa Sanitizer
- Easy to use as just one drop in the filter works miraculously.
- Not much maintenance required.
- Helps in turning the water clearer as well as softer.
- Optimum mineral levels are ensured with CRT technology.
- Does not leave any stains.
- Fits perfectly to the existing filtration system.
- Does not work well with all types of Spa models.
- Specific instructions need to be followed to make it work effectively.
This is one of the efficient sanitizers which works appropriately for the spa up to 500 gallons. This sanitizer works well with all types of spa flow rates. It ensures a consistent pH balance and improves the feel of your spa water by keeping it softer and sparkling. It can keep your hot tub water cleaner than the chlorine alone.
The cartridge works up to 4 months perfectly and it works well with Jacuzzi’s J-400, LX collections, J-500, and J-300 models. All these models have a filter with a removable cap over the top.
3. LEISURE TIME 23434 Spa Mineral Purifier
- Budget-friendly price.
- Easy to install.
- It comes with a hassle-free maintenance.
- Spa tub with a water capacity up to 600 gallons can be handled effectively.
- Compared to other sanitizers in the category, it is not that efficient.
- Due to the presence of copper metal, mineral stick turns green.
With no chlorine or bromine usage, you can clean your spa efficiently with this sanitizer. With no much maintenance required up to 4 months, it keeps your spa bacteria free and efficiently fits any type of spa. It is effective with the non-chlorine shocks and prevents algae in your hot tub.
But if you compare it with similar spa sanitizer in this category, it is not that effective.
4. Caldera Spas Monarch Mineral Spa Sanitizer 72358
- Sanitizes the bathtub using the silver ions.
- Keeps your hot tub chlorine and bromine free.
- Priced moderately.
- Very simple and easy to sanitize your hot tub with this sanitizer.
- Easy to maintain.
- Not as effective as bromine or chlorine combined sanitizer is effective.
- Only consistent use of this sanitizer produces the results.
To kill the bacteria of your hot tub, it uses positive Silver ion technology. It efficiently keeps your spa water free from any usage of harsh chemical usage. It is useful for people who have sensitive skin. This sanitizer has been priced rightly to consider your budget preferences. Very simple to install, it does not need any professional assistance.
It is an eco-friendly way to keep your spa water clean but for better results, it is recommended to use it for the longer run.
5. Pool Frog 01143812 Spa Tub Replacement
- This sanitizer comes with replacement cartridges.
- It efficiently brings down the usage of Bromine by 50%.
- It is compatible with almost all spa water flow rates.
- Not convenient for people who have sensitive skin.
This sanitizer uses a combination of bromine and mineral technology to sanitize your hot tub. The bromine cartridge lasts up to 24 weeks while the mineral cartridge lasts up to 4 months, keeping its maintenance minimum. It gets adjusted to any spa size effectively.
It efficiently reduces bromine usage by 50% but still not much appropriate for people with sensitive skin.
Tips to buy the right hot tub sanitizer: Buying Guide
- The best way to choose a right sanitizer is to understand the various factors as your budget and preferences. In case, you are finding some negative effects on your current sanitizer, you should immediately switch to another one.
- The granules forms of sanitizers should be used for chlorine and bromine sanitizers.
- The sanitizers which can be maintained easily in the long run should be preferred.
- The sanitizers which are meant for specific gallons should not be used for the exceeded quantity of water.
- Always seek the opinion of the people who are using any such hot tub sanitizer.
It is always judicial to use a mineral sanitizer to maintain the pH balance of your spa water. It is important that the product must of from a renowned manufacturer who has considerable experience in this field. Price can be a consideration but the chosen product must be compared on the features as well to conclude the right one for your hot tub.