The role of Hot tub pump is important, as it maintains a consistent water pressure in the tub to deliver an impeccable bath experience. Only a good pump can maintain a good circulation of water. So, picking up a right hot tub pump is important to create a water pressure blast to make your experience in the hot tub mesmerizing.
7 Best Hot Tub Pumps
Table of Contents
- 1 7 Best Hot Tub Pumps
- 1.1 1. Gecko Alliance 06115000-1040 Flo-Master
- 1.2 2. HydroMaster 1.5 HP Hot Tub Spa Pump
- 1.3 3. Spa Circulation Pump E5 – 74427 for Watkins
- 1.4 4. Waterway Plastics 3722021-1D Executive
- 1.5 5. Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub Drain Pump
- 1.6 6. Waterway Executive Spa Pump Side
- 1.7 7. Hot Tub Submersible Drain Pump Portable Water Pump
- 2 Hot Tub Pump – How it works?
- 3 Things you should consider before buying a hot tub pump
- 4 Installation Guide
- 5 Conclusion
Here are the 7 Best Hot Tub Pumps which can uplift your hot tub experience exceptionally:
1. Gecko Alliance 06115000-1040 Flo-Master
- Ensures higher water flow
- Fits perfectly to your hot tub
- Energy efficient
- Easy to assemble
- Creates noise
- Turns hot when on for some time
It ensures a water flow rate of 140 GPM with its 1.5 hp. It is suitable for the jetted spas which require high volumetric volute. However, it is not suitable for the above ground pools. To maximize its cost efficiency, it comes with a standard 48 frame motor.
With its multiple drain locations and side discharge operations, it is an efficient spa pump that can deliver an ultimate bath experience in your hot tub with its consistent water flow.
2. HydroMaster 1.5 HP Hot Tub Spa Pump
- Powerful motor
- Easy installation
- Water flow is nice and consistent
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- At times, it gets freeze instantly
This is one of the premium spa pumps which is very simple to install and use. All you need to fit the pump in place and wire it. Good water flow can be enjoyed with its 1.5 hp. This 2-speed pump can produce 155 GPM, which is enough to accentuate your bathing experience.
This is one of the most affordable spa pumps available on the market.
3. Spa Circulation Pump E5 – 74427 for Watkins
- Light in weight and easy to handle
- Noise Free
- Ensures more pressure from the jets
- Installation is simple & easy
- Price is on the higher side.
This pump starts slowly with the magnetic drive; however, it is an improved version in terms of performance and capacity, compared to the earlier spa pools launched by the company. The magnetic drive present in this pool tends to give a slow start.
As the lubrication of this pool is sourced through water, it must not be run without it. In case of dry runs or overheating, an internal safety switch is provided to shut down the pool instantly.
4. Waterway Plastics 3722021-1D Executive
- Quick Installation
- Energy efficient
- Noise-free start
- Heavy duty pump which resists casting
- Less durable as compared to others in the price range
With its 220 GPM, you will enjoy a soak like never before. A versatile wet end is provided which is flexible to rotate up to 90 degrees. It is a moisture resistant spa pump with a double shield over its ball bearing. It is a noise-free pump which extends your bathing experience.
56 frame motor is provided for better strength. It also helps in cooling down the pump while working. It is also provided with vilton shaft shields to add to its motor life.
5. Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub Drain Pump
- Proficiently extract the last drop of water
- Efficient and strong motor
- Performs the job quickly
- A bit pricey
With a drain speed of 3700 GPH, this is one of the efficient and fast operable tub pumps. In just a few minutes, you can drain your tub effectively in a hassle-free way. This competent pump ensures not to leave any water in your tub that requires to be drained out manually.
It has been designed uniquely with a folding bottom feet to fetch the last drop of water from your tub. In case the water line is low, there is an overheat prevention system available which shuts the pump automatically. Quite portable, it comes in a sturdy design.
6. Waterway Executive Spa Pump Side
- A powerful unit with 4 hp
- It comes with a simple wiring
- Chances of shipment mishandling
It comes with a 56 frame motor with a double shielded ball bearing which ensures better lifespan. The pump ensures quiet operations and has higher head pressure. It is provided with 6.5” diameter wet end to ensure the better water flow.
This side discharge pump comes with the opening at the wet side for the water propelling purposes.
7. Hot Tub Submersible Drain Pump Portable Water Pump
- Easily portable with its convenient design
- Attractive pump that can be taken along
- Quite easy to use
- The left out water has to be drained manually
With the seed of 2000 GPH, this pump comes with a universal hose fitting which can be fit to drain hoses between 1-1.25 inches. Easily operable, an overheating mechanism is provided in this pump as an extended safety measure. When the water line gets low, the pump automatically turns off.
It comes with an easy manual that provides detailed installation instructions. Not just tubs, it is suitable to drain the water from water tanks, pools and ponds as well.
Hot Tub Pump – How it works?
Hot water cannot be flown from the jets, as it will sit still. To ensure a constant water circulation, a hot tub pump is used to take the water from the filter, then heater and finally then via jets. There are many tubs which come with 2 pumps.
While one is used for filtering the water, other propels the water at high speed. Narrow jets are used to circulate the high-speed water through the pump, which is powered by a motor to ensure a constant pressure.
Things you should consider before buying a hot tub pump
For replacing your old pump, following are some of the important factors which one must consider to get the right pump:
The place where the wet end and the motor gets connected via bolts fit is called the pump frame. Most of the frame varies from 48 to 56. The frame size is denoted on the label as ‘F’. While 48 size frame is 4 inches less between the bolts, a 56 frame comes with 4 inches more.
If you are replacing the pump and satisfied with its water pressure, you should always buy a new pump with the same horsepower. Any difference in the horsepower will directly lead to the difference in the water pressure in your tub.
Horsepower is generally decided on the jet count in the spa or hot tub. It is recommended to not to increase the horsepower more than level 1 i.e., if you are using 4 HP, you should maximize it not more than 4.5 HP to avoid the improper functioning of the hot tub.
Appropriate voltage plays an important role in the efficient working of the pump. There are hot tubs which are wired for 240 V pumps and if you try to install a pump with 120 V, it will not work.
Always refer to the instruction manual or label to figure out the right pump volts required.
The hot tub pumps come in two-speed variants as Level 1 and Level 2. If you are not aware of the seed level of your existing pump, you can figure it out by pushing the bottom.
If jets turn to low, push it again. If your jet is taking higher speed, it implies that it is a 2-speed pump. Another way to determine the pump speed is to check its AMPS.
Taking water in and out of the pump accounts to plumbing. The plumbing size is not measured by the hole size at the wet end. The PVC pipe’s diameter within spa determined the plum fittings.
Although you should always cross check, most of the pumps have similar size intake and outtake water pipes.
Buying the right pump turns insignificant if you are not able to install it properly. The process of installation is easy and simple provided you have a thorough knowledge about it. Here are the few guidelines which can give a good start to your installation process:
- Drain out any water in the tub and ensure it to be completely dry.
- Keep a soaking towel handy to absorb the water outflow from pipes.
- Copper grounding wire to be detached and the fittings for intake and outflow pipes to loosen up.
- Detach the frame and the wires within.
- Put the new pump, wire it according to the instructions provided in the user manual.
- Tighten all the fittings along with bolting back the frame.
- Test the spa by refilling the tub and turning on the pump to observe the water flow.
You pump primarily decides the water flow from the jets in your hot tub. Hence, it is important to buy a right-sized pump which can ensure the consistent flow and is compatible with your hot tub. Pricing is another consideration which you must consider while comparing the pumps on the parameters of features and benefits.
To avoid any buyer’s repentance, feel free to consider any of the pumps mentioned above as they’re chosen after conducting tons of market research and also considering our reader’s feedback.