We all love to spend some of our quality time in our hot tub. They are one of the best ways to relax and give our body a feeling of freshness all over again. But the biggest enemy who kills this joy of ours is the foam.
Foaming is caused by the soap, lotion, and oils in our bathing products. This is one of the deal breakers when it comes to having a good time in the hot tub. But there are several products in the market that are very helpful in clearing such things from the hot water. These are known as Hot tub defoamers and are very effective in clearing out the foam from the bathtub.
Because of there being a number of such defoamers in the market, buying the best one for you can be a little overwhelming. This guide can help you to get the best defoaming product and it will make your bathtub experience better manifold.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 1. Leisure Time Spa Balance Foam Down
- 0.2 2. Bluewater Chemgroup Spa and Hot Tub Defoamer
- 0.3 3. 2-Pack SpaChoice Spa Foam Free hot tub Defoamer
- 0.4 4. Hot Spring Watkins Spa Freshwater Defoamer Treatment
- 0.5 5. In The Swim Spa Hot tub Defoamer
- 0.6 6. Spa Essentials 32424000 Defoamer
- 0.7 7. hth Spa Conditioner Defoamer
- 1 How Hot Tub Defoamers are Useful?
- 2 Conclusion
1. Leisure Time Spa Balance Foam Down
- Stops foaming effectively as soon as applied
- Makes the spa experience enhanced
- Compatible with Bromine, chlorine, biguanide, and Ozone sanitizers
- The non-oily formula makes it a product
- The foam down formula does not clear water; it sends the foam downwards in the water
- Does not provide any aid to the filter
- It does not perform the breakdown of organic compounds such as oils and lotions.
- Does not eliminate scum lines
Leisure Time Spa Balance Foam down HQ comes in a pack containing 32Oz of the product. It is a great product that will make your spa experience better. This is a concentrated foam suppressant that starts to work immediately after application.
It stops continual foaming and maintains the balance of calcium and water in the tub. It can be combined with a variety of products such as Jet clean, filer clean, Instant cartridge clean, Fast gloss etc.
2. Bluewater Chemgroup Spa and Hot Tub Defoamer
- Offers a pretty quick discharge of foaming in the hot tub and clears spa water instantly
- Does not require any other product to perform at its peak and the usage is pretty simple
- Maintains the water chemistry as it has a water-based formula
- The product is based on silicon emulsion which helps to maintain the balance of compounds in the water
- Does not come in a spray bottle which sometimes causes spillage of the liquid
- If the filter is not cleaned separately, the soap remains in the filter will cause the water to foam
Bluewater Chemgroup Spa and Hot Tub Defoamer is a great product as not only it is cheaper than the others in the list but also offers a great usage. It comes in a 32 Oz quart packing which can be used a dozen times.
3. 2-Pack SpaChoice Spa Foam Free hot tub Defoamer
- Offers an effective outcome with no foam residual
- Comes at a great price
- Helps clog filters and is compatible with a variety of sanitizers
- Leaves a thick film around the hot tub
2-Pack Spa Foam Free hot tub Defoamer by Spa choice is a very effective Spa defoamer. It comes at a great price and the combo pack is a great value for money. It has a concentrated solution that instantly eliminates the foam in the hot tub, fountains, ponds and swimming pools.
4. Hot Spring Watkins Spa Freshwater Defoamer Treatment
- Packs a lot of anti-foaming liquid in one package
- It has a very soothing fragrance
- Comes with cleaners and water valves control systems
- Sometimes leaves scum lines around the hot tub
Hot Spring Watkins Spa Freshwater Defoamer Treatment is a product fit for professional usage. This product is manufactured by Watkins who has a great experience in the field. This Defoamer is compatible with other chemicals and sanitizers.
This defoamer has a pH neutral formula which completely eliminates all the foaming in the hot tub. Hot spring freshwater defoamer carries air and water valves, its fragrance offers a great spa experience.
5. In The Swim Spa Hot tub Defoamer
- Oil and silicone free compounds are used
- Removes entire body foam in seconds of application
- Very effective and requires low consumption
- It does not come in a spray bottle package
In the swim Spa, Hot Tub defoamer is the best pack for those who have an allergy to silicon-based products. This product eliminates the spa foam caused by anything from body oils to shampoo.
The concentrated liquid can be used by filling up the cap and then pouring it in the Hot Tub. It is compatible with most of the sanitizers, especially with the water-based ones.
6. Spa Essentials 32424000 Defoamer
- Acts quickly for any foaming issue
- Offers a clean surface with a filter-friendly formula
- Comes in an easy to use a spray bottle
- Requires high product usage in every application
Spa Essentials 32424000 Defoamer eliminates all the foaming in the water and gives a clean surface on its application. It comes in a very convenient 1 pt. Bottle package. Prevents foaming of water and maintains water balance.
7. hth Spa Conditioner Defoamer
- An anti-forming formula enriched with vitamin E
- Easy to use packaging
- Value for money product
- Sometimes causes itchiness after application
hth Spa Conditioner Defoamer is a great value for money product as it comes at a great price range. The solution is rich in Vitamin E which helps to get a very soothing SPA experience. It removes all the foaming from in and out and offers a clean water surface. It is manufactured by Arch Chemicals who are known for their product quality.
How Hot Tub Defoamers are Useful?
Hot Tub Defoamers are the best thing to enhance your bathing experience. Usually, when we use the hot tub for bathing, due to soap and lotions the foam starts to build upon the water surface which makes the bathing experience worse.
Defoamers are the best solution for this issue as it is a solution made up with a bunch of anti-foaming chemicals that prevents the formation of foam in the water. These are a value for money utility products and will make you foaming issue gone in a snap.
These are some of the best Spa Defoamers in the market. Even one of them has a pretty unique usage. You should consider purchasing any of these if you do not have time to research and judge the perfect one for yourself. Otherwise, choose the best product according to your needs and budget. Also, make the right decision by choosing the right size of the product.