A handheld pool vacuum cleaner helps to keep your pool sparkling clean and free from debris and dirt that may disrupt your swim. It’s no wonder everyone is asking what is the best handheld pool vacuum on the market? If you are one of those asking this all-important question then come take a ride with us as we discover them together. Shall we?
Top Products on the Market
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Products on the Market
- 1.1 1. Poolmaster 28300 Big Suker Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
- 1.2 2. Pool Blaster Water Tech Catfish Rechargeable Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Pool Blaster Max Cordless Rechargeable Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Poolmaster 28316 Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
- 1.6 6. VIVOHOME Automatic Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Pool Blaster Catfish Ultra Rechargeable Pool-Cleaner
- 2 How to Use a Handheld Pool Vacuum
- 3 Conclusion
The top seven products include:
1. Poolmaster 28300 Big Suker Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
This product is made of plastic and is designed to specifically remove large dirt, debris, and leaves from pools. The jet vacuum is designed for easy pick up of small dirt in pools.
It is large with a diameter of 15-inches; it also has a handle that is made of durable ABS. Its underside features eight water jets of high pressure and also four multi-directional wheels. It is best used with a garden hose and pool pole, however, there has to be bought separately. Also, it features one reusable all-purpose leaf bag. It offers a generous performance and durability.
- It is multi-directional
- It is durable and efficient
- Not suitable for above ground use
2. Pool Blaster Water Tech Catfish Rechargeable Pool Cleaner
It features an easy push-button on/off switch and also lithium rechargeable batteries which can be recharged in about four hours only after which it provides up to forty-five minutes of operations.
The accompanying bag won’t trap sand or silt but this can be resolved by putting a nylon stocking over the bag. The tool is made of plastic and is small; hence it is fragile but can be taken care of by turning it on before insertion in water and turning it off thereafter, this way it lasts longer.
It has a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery and does not require a hose or cord. It is suitable for in-ground, above ground and soft-sided pools. It also has versatile cleaning, easy operation and can be used up to 45 minutes once fully charged.
- It features cordless operation
- It is easy to use
- It is fragile and breakable
3. Pool Blaster Max Cordless Rechargeable Pool Cleaner
The max pool cleaner offers a more advanced vacuum suction with water Tech P30 Motor design which is built to be quick and efficient at picking up debris. It can be used to clean an entire pool or to spot-clean in mere seconds.
It features a 10.5-inch vacuum head that’s suitable for a general clean up. It has a large debris capture chamber that has strong suction for different cleanings such as acorns, leaves, dirt, twigs, and sand.
It is ideal for cleaning hot tubs, spas or swimming pools; it can also be used without cords or hoses. Besides, it features a Lithium-ion battery that can operate up to an hour when charged. It has a push-button operation and can be attached to a standard telescopic pool pole.
- It has increased power and can clean more dirt
- It has a cordless operation
- It is not cheap
4. Poolmaster 28316 Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
This has a large-sized 15-inch ABS body along with eight high-pressure jets. It also features four multi-directional swivel wheels and then replaceable perimeter brushes. It is made of a durable mar-proof rubber bumper while the handle is made of aluminum.
Its best used with a standard garden hose and pool pole; however it has to be purchased separately from the product. It has an in-built quick disconnect adapter that can adapt to a standard hose.
Furthermore, it comes with reusable leaf bags; this also comes with push-lock closures that fit easily around the neck of the vacuum while the vacuum ring holds it in place. The vacuum features a fine mesh net and also an all-purpose net.
- It has a powerful suction
- It has a large body
- The quality should be improved upon
5. Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum
This is a portable handheld vacuum that is sturdy, it features an in-built Ni-MH battery that can be easily recharged. It also has a fast action as users can clean the bottom of their pool in 20 minutes or less.
Also, it has an automatic shut-off feature that goes off when the device is not submerged in water; it also has an IPX8 waterproof switch. It is easy to use with a broom attachment which can easily pick up small debris. It is ideal for use in all PureSpas and also above ground pool with a diameter up to 18 inches.
Furthermore, it comes with two interchangeable brush heads, a 94-inch telescoping shaft that is lightweight and made of aluminum and a shat adapter to fit a longer and wider telescoping shaft.
- Automatic switch-off feature
- It is easy to use
- It does not hold a charge
6. VIVOHOME Automatic Vacuum Cleaner
This is a practical and easy to use a vacuum cleaner, all you need do is attach it to your existing filtration system. It works fast and produces very minimal noise. Its body is made of ABS while the hoses are made of PVC that is durable and scuff-resistant.
It also features a soft and thick pleated seal; this gives a gentle yet thorough cleaning. It is easy to install and does not require any tool for the purpose, the parts can also be assembled in mere minutes.
It is an in-ground and above-ground cleaning tool that gives a top to bottom cleaning. It effectively removes dirt, bugs, debris, leaves, twigs, sand, leaves and lots more. It features a complete kit with ten flexible pipes.
- It operates with minimal noise
- It features a complete kit
- Hoses are too stiff
7. Pool Blaster Catfish Ultra Rechargeable Pool-Cleaner
This pool cleaner is suitable for a quick and easy cleaning either in a Hot Tub, Spa or swimming pool. It does not require hoses or cords. It can spot-clean in mere seconds or give a more thorough cleaning in limited time too.
It comes with a 10.5-inch vacuum head that is ideal for general cleaning, this can be removed to expose the angled head for a more thorough clean up of tight corners. It features a unique canister debris chamber that uses a dual-cam lever connection. This makes it easy to empty the debris chamber in-between cleanups.
Also, it comes with a lithium-ion battery and can operate for as long as 45 minutes when fully charged. It is lightweight and easy to operate.
- It features convenient cleaning’
- It is easy to operate
- Unable to determine the full battery charge
How to Use a Handheld Pool Vacuum
To use a handheld pool vacuum, take the following steps:
- Attach the vacuum head to the end of a telescopic pole
- Attach one end of the vacuum hose to the vacuum head
- Holding the pole, lower the vacuum head into the water along with the hose
- Plugin the other end of the hose into the water intake nozzle
- Switch over to intake mode and then guide the vacuum head using the pole through the floor of the pool
- Once done disconnect the filter from the hose
The best handheld pool vacuum cleaner won’t cost an arm and a leg. They are those that are efficient, affordable, durable and of high quality. All seven of them have been reviewed in this article, all that is left si that you make a choice.