Things like hair, food particles and rust capable cause our drains to become clogged. Clog removers are designed to remedy this though. But it’s usually difficult getting a clog remover that will get the job done without damaging your pipes.
If you’ve been confused about what to get, I’ll be helping you out by answering this question what is the best drain clog remover on the market?
The 10 Best Drain Clog Remover
Table of Contents
- 1 The 10 Best Drain Clog Remover
- 1.1 1. Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver
- 1.2 2. Drano Max Gel Clog Remover
- 1.3 3. Green Gobbler BIO-FLOW Drain Strips
- 1.4 4. Comstar Pure Lye Bead Drain Opener
- 1.5 5. Drano Gel Drain Clog Remover and Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Vastar 3 pack 19.62 Drain Snake Hair Drain Clog Remover Cleaning Tool
- 1.7 7. Zep Advanced Tub and Shower Drain Opener Gel
- 1.8 8. Green Gobbler Drain Opener Pacs
- 1.9 9. Flo-Kem Flo-Zyme Commercial Bio-Enzyme Drain Opener
- 1.10 10. Zep Drain Defense Pipe Build-Up Remover
- 2 Frequently Asked Question
- 3 Conclusion
1. Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver
The Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver is an exceptional option if you have clogged drains. It quickly and easily dissolves those things that stand in the way of your having a flowing drain.
It is perfect for bathroom sinks, for bathtubs, for hair and kitchen sinks. This formula sticks to pipes and drains in order to keep them free from paper, soap scum, grease and every other thing in between. Also, it does all of these in only a matter of minutes.
- Suitable for use in toilets, pipes, kitchen sinks, showers and tubs
- Easy, fast and effective to use
- Liquefies and dissolves clogs
- Non-caustic and safe to use
- No obvious disadvantage
2. Drano Max Gel Clog Remover
Looking for a quick and easy way to unclog your drains and pipes? Then you might want to Consider the Drano Max Gel Clog Remover. This product works exceptionally well for bathroom sinks. It can also be used for your kitchen sink and bathtubs.
You can finally ditch ineffective homemade solutions that take their toll on you. With this pool cleaner, you’ll never have to worry about hair, gunky clogs and soap scum.
- Removes hair clogs, standing water and grease clogs
- Safe for use in metal pipes, PVC, septic systems and garbage disposals
- Quick action
- Cuts right through standing water and into the clogs
- This drain cleaner is not suitable for toilet use
- It may be harsh on the skin
3. Green Gobbler BIO-FLOW Drain Strips
Green Gobbler BIO-FLOW Drain Strips offers you a convenient and safe approach to unclogging your pipes and drains. It’s an excellent cleaner for hair clogs, for bathtubs, for kitchen sinks and for septic systems.
It helps to ward off smells by eliminating and digesting oil, grease, fat and scum from your drains. This is even made more effective by its powerful yet slow dissolving enzymes, which fights hard to dislodge organic materials. If you add this to your monthly cleaning routine, clogged drains would definitely be a story of the past.
- Powerful enzymes digests clogs and other organic matter
- Eliminates foul odor
- Crafted for any household drain
- Quick action
- No obvious disadvantage
4. Comstar Pure Lye Bead Drain Opener
Comstar Pure Lye Bead Drain Opener is an excellent choice for removing clogs in your home. It boasts of an industrial-strength that helps it clear out grease traps, septic systems, drains and roots. It is odourless and non-acidic, making it safe for you to use.
It is ideal for use on fine fixtures, metal pipe, plastic pipes and chrome trim. It easily clears out the drain without causing harm to it. It is also ideal for soap making
- 99% pure lye bead
- Zero fillers, dyes or water
- Odorless non-acid formula makes it safe for use on pipes, chrome trim and fine fixtures
- Hazardous material can cause bodily harm if not treated with care
5. Drano Gel Drain Clog Remover and Cleaner
The Drano Gel Drain Clog Remover and Cleaner will save the stress of having to ever plunge your drains. This simple two-step solution will unclog even the toughest of clogs.
This clog remover is tough on soap scum, gunk and hair, while at the same time safe for kitchen sinks, for bathtubs and bathroom sinks. To get started, just pour the snake tool into your standing water and watch the magic happen.
- Two-step solution for unclogging drains
- Comes with one 23″ flexible snake tool
- Safe on all pipes and plumbing fixtures
- No obvious disadvantage
6. Vastar 3 pack 19.62 Drain Snake Hair Drain Clog Remover Cleaning Tool
Have you been having clogged drains and unmoving water? Well, that can stop being your normal if you consider the Vastar 3 pack 19.62 Drain Snake Hair Drain Clog Remover Cleaning Tool. It comes as three packs of plumbing snake drain auger.
Its 19.6″ flexible barbed wand reaches deep into the sink to pick up hairs, garbage, food and other obstructions. It is a great tool that can be used for kitchen sinks, for bathtubs, for bathroom sinks.
- Bends easily to fit into different types of pipes and strainers
- Great tool unclogging sink drains, showers and flexes at P-trap
- Easy operation
- Cannot be used with sewer dredging agents
7. Zep Advanced Tub and Shower Drain Opener Gel
The Zep Advanced Tub and Shower Drain Opener Gel do as its name implies. There’s no clog can withstand the powerful cleaning action of this gel. It specifically targets hard to get clogs that might be present in your tub and shower.
It cuts through standing water, dissolves hair and other possible obstructions. Qand it does all of these in only a matter of minutes.
- Clears hair, soap scum and conditioner
- Safe for all pipes and septic systems
- Fast and quick cleaning action
- Not suitable for kitchen drains
8. Green Gobbler Drain Opener Pacs
The Green Gobbler Drain Opener Pacs works like magic. This fast and powerful single-use cleaner will not require you to measure or guess how much quantity is required. It works excellently for hair, for bathtubs, for bathroom sinks and for kitchen sinks.
Unlike toxic and dangerous liquid drain chemicals, this clog remover is absolutely safe, environmentally friendly and biodegradable. It cleans anything from calcium and lime build-up to even rust and flushable baby wipes. A plus is, it leaves you with almost no mess when you’re through.
- Effective against grease, hair, soap scum, toilet paper, body oils, etc.
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly
- Fast and powerful
- Single-use clog remover
- Comes with a free hair grabber tool
- Not suitable for those who favour liquid removers
9. Flo-Kem Flo-Zyme Commercial Bio-Enzyme Drain Opener
The Flo-Kem Flo-Zyme Commercial Bio-Enzyme Drain Opener doesn’t just leave you with unclogged drains. It also leaves them smelling fresh and nice. This heavy-duty bio-enzyme formula is effective in unclogging even the toughest of clogged pipes.
It can be used to maintain waste treatment plants, drain traps and other drain systems. Its milky white emulsion releases a pleasant scent while eliminating foul odors.
- Breaks down and liquefies suspended solids
- Eliminates foul odors
- “Live bacteria” enzymes break up organic waste buildup to allow water flow freely
- No obvious disadvantage
10. Zep Drain Defense Pipe Build-Up Remover
Finally on our list as well is the Zep Drain Defense Pipe Build-Up Remover. This powerful cleaning kit is made from high-quality materials. It promises to uncover “next level clean” after use.
It is an all-purpose cleaner that works well for floors, for bathroom sinks, for kitchen sinks, for septic systems and for general cleaning. It can be used monthly to unclog buildups from pipes.
- Pipe buildups remover
- General-purpose cleaner
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces
- Mildly scented
- No obvious disadvantage.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How to Use Drain Clog Remover?
A: Before using a drain clog remover, it is important that you check for and read the directions and precautions provided for on the container of the remover. It is necessary that you follow these precautions which should involve using face masks or respirators, safety goggles and rubber gloves that go beyond the wrist strictly.
If you’re using a liquid clog remover, pour the specified amount into the drain and leave for 30 minutes so as to dissolve the clog. At the end of the 30 minutes, use plenty of hot water to flush the drain.
On the other hand, if you’re using a powder or crystal clog remover, add 1-3 tablespoons of the remover into the drain after removing any standing water. Then add one cup of cold water and leave for up to 30 minutes for the clog to dissolve. After 30 minutes have gone by, flush with cold water.
Q: How to Get Hair Clog out of Bathtub Drain?
A: To get hair clog out of the drain of your bathtub, you can follow the following procedures:
- One, use baking soda and vinegar. First, pour boiling water down the clogged drain and wait for a minute. After doing this, mix 1 cup of vinegar and ¼ cup of baking soda and pour down the drain. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes then pour boiling water into the drain again.
- Two, use baking soda and salt. Mix 1 cup of baking soda and ½ cup of salt and pour down the drain. Leave it overnight and then flush it down the drain with boiling water in the morning.
- Three, use bleach. If you’re going to use bleach, make sure to wear protective gear like rubber gloves that extend beyond your wrists and goggles. Pour a cup of liquid bleach into the clogged drain and leave for 30 minutes. If there still remains some bits of hair clog, pour another cup into the drain.
- Four, use a hook, a plumber’s snake or a wire coat hanger to pull out the hair clog.
- Five, use chemicals. When using chemicals, make sure to read and follow the directions and warnings provided.
Q: Can Frozen Pipes Cause Drain Clog?
A: Yes, frozen pipes can be the cause of your clogged drain. As a matter of fact, frozen pipes do not only cause clogged drains but could lead to temporary loss of water and worst of all a ruptured pipe.
To know whether your drain is clogged as a result of frozen pipes, here are some of the signs to look out for. One, the temperature must be appropriate. It is impossible for your pipes to get frozen during hot weather conditions. If the temperature is not cold enough to freeze a pipe, then frozen pipes cannot be the cause of your clogged drain.
Two, there’s frost on the exterior of the pipe. This, of course, applies to pipes that are visible such as the ones under sinks.
Three, lack of running water. If you turn on the faucet and no water flows out, or there’s only a slight trickle, then it’s possible that the pipe leading to the faucet is frozen.
Four, strange odours. If there’s a strange odour coming from a faucet or drain, then it could signify a completely or partially frozen pipe.
Clog removers deliver better results than most traditional methods. They are fast, mess-free and more effective. Trust me, using clog removers will definitely offer you greater satisfaction. I’ve listed few of the best drain clog remover available. Feel free to make your choice; the ball is now in your court.