Owning a pool is terrific. Keeping it clean, however, not so terrific.
There is one easy way to keep your pool clean between visits from your pool service; a Dolphin pool cleaner.
What is the Best Dolphin Pool Cleaner on the market? We review the top 7 models so you can make an informed decision.
Here are our picks for the Best Dolphin Pool Cleaner you can buy:
- Best overall: Dolphin Premier Robotic Cleaner
- Best rated dolphin pool cleaner: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
- Best budget dolphin pool cleaners: Dolphin Nautilus Robotic
- Best dolphin pool cleaner for leaves: Dolphin Triton PS Automatic
- Best dolphin above ground pool cleaner: Dolphin Escape Robotic
- Best dolphin inground pool cleaner: Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic
Dolphin Pool Cleaner Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Dolphin Pool Cleaner Review
- 1.1 1. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner with Dual Scrubbing Brushes
- 1.2 2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Tangle-Free Cord
- 1.4 4. Dolphin Triton PS Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Dolphin Advantage Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Bottom Line/Conclusion
1. Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner with Dual Scrubbing Brushes
This Dolphin pool cleaner keeps the job of cleaning your pool convenient. Simply drop this hard-working tool in your pool and let it get to work. The premier Dolphin pool cleaner has not one, but two powerful scrubbing brushes that leave your pool impressively clean. The optional multi-filter kit is well-worth the money for those who are particular about the cleanliness of their pool. You can even schedule the Dolphin Premier to clean when it is most convenient for you. This is the ideal Dolphin pool cleaner for in- ground pools. We were impressed at the level of cleanliness this robotic pool cleaner left behind.
- Has two scrubbing brushes for complete cleanliness
- Optional multi-filter kit
- Scheduling option so unit cleans when it’s convenient for you
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Nautilus stands out from the crowd with its top-loading filter cartridge. No more turning the unit over to get at the filter! The Nautilus has an advanced algorithm which cleans every section of the pool from top to bottom, front to back, even the sides. Easy one-touch operation and programming. This unit has dual scrubbing brushes and is the best Dolphin pool cleaner for leaves. The Nautilus also has a money-saving feature, costing you less in electricity than other models. We loved the Dolphin Nautilus so much our neighbors are jealous of how clean our pool stays!
- Top-loading filter
- One-touch operation
- Best dolphin cleaner for leaves
3. Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Tangle-Free Cord
If you are familiar with robotic pool cleaners, you know how easily the cord can become tangled and prevent the unit from doing its job. That can’t happen with this Dolphin robotic cleaner! The cord swivels as the cleaner moves, allowing it to continue working for as long as you have it scheduled for. The Nautilus has a bottom load cartridge that is super fine, so it picks up the smallest item, cleaning pools up to 50 feet in length. The CleverClean algorithm scans your pool to create a cleaning map; no more random patterns that leave parts of your pool untouched. For the money, you can’t beat this easy-to-use Dolphin pool cleaner.
- Cord stays tangle-free
- Cartridge is super fine to pick up very small items
- Uses a unique cleaning algorithm for the best cleaning pattern
4. Dolphin Triton PS Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
If you dread the thought of cleaning baskets or replacing filters on your Dolphin pool cleaner, this is the right one for you. The Dolphin Triton has an extra-large filter basket, which means it spends more time cleaning, and you spend less time changing the filter. The super-duty scrubbing brush leaves the floor and sides of your pool exceptionally clean. Only 2 hours a day will keep your pool sparkling clean and ready to use. Unlike other Dolphin pool cleaners, the Triton doesn’t rely on the pool pump to operate. This Dolphin pool cleaner is perhaps the easiest robot cleaner we have ever used.
- Extra-large filter basket
- Only needs to operate 2 hours a day
- Doesn’t need pool pump to work
5. Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
For those with above ground pools, this cleaner is the one for you. It can also be used on in-ground pools and it works for pools up to 33 feet in length, the Nautilus CC is lightweight, simple to use, and can scrub away dirt and grime you can’t even see! This cleaner consumes eight times less energy than pressure or suction cleaners, and it requires no hoses. This has a top-loading basket, which is easy to remove and load. The Dolphin Nautilus CC is a bit more complicated than other models when it comes to removing and cleaning the filter and basket, but otherwise, this robotic pool cleaner does what you want it to; clean your pool with no effort on your part.
- Works for both in-ground and above-ground pools
- Uses less energy than most other dolphin cleaners
- Easy to remove top loading basket
6. Dolphin Advantage Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
This robotic pool cleaner may not be as expensive as some other models, but it does a great job cleaning your pool. For pools up to 33 feet, the Dolphin Advantage does most of the work for you, so you can spend more time enjoying your pool and less time cleaning it. The Advantage has 3 settings, so you can program to have it clean your pool every day, every other day, or every 3rd day, whichever works best for you. We were surprised that, even at this price, the Advantage cleaned the sides and stairs.
- Reasonably priced
- Has 3 programmable settings
- Cleans sides and stairs like more expensive models
7. Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Escape has a whole different look to it. This model uses tracks that really grip the sides of your pool, rather than slick wheels, which can allow the unit to slide off. Weighing only 14 pounds, the Escape has a long scrubbing brush that works very well on even hardened contaminants. As small as it is, the Dolphin Escape has one of the largest, top load debris bins, which means less time cleaning out the cartridge and more time playing in the pool. The Dolphin Escape is aptly named since it allows you to escape the drudgery of cleaning your pool! For its size, you can’t go wrong!
- Uses tracks instead of wheels for a better grip
- Weighs a tiny 14 pounds
- Extra-large cleaning bin
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How Does a Dolphin Pool Cleaner Work?
Dolphin Pool Cleaners work like the way a vacuum works. A powerful motor sucks up debris from the bottom of the pool while the scrubbing brush works on removing algae or scum that tends to form along the side or on the stairs.
Q: How Much Does a Dolphin Pool Cleaner Cost?
The price for these units can vary tremendously. Depending on which model you choose and where you purchase it from, the average price is often between $600 to $1,100 dollars. This might seem steep, but what price can you put on spending time cleaning your pool versus enjoying the pool? Robots are here to save us time and energy. There is no doubt that Dolphin Automatic Pool Cleaners do both!
Q: How Do You Use a Dolphin Pool Cleaner?
Nearly all Dolphin Pool Cleaners are very easy to set up and use. Some models already have the filter or cartridge installed. Hook up the power supply to the Dolphin unit and plug the power supply into your electrical socket. Pick up the Dolphin right into the water and drop it into your pool. Press the button on the power supply and the Dolphin should activate and begin to work. If you would like to see how to connect and use a Dolphin, as well as watch the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus in action, this video is very helpful.
And the Winner is….
It’s hard not to love a Dolphin pool cleaner, regardless of the model. Every one of these did a good job at picking up leaves, gravel, etc. However, one seemed to stand out from the crowd. It is our opinion that the best dolphin robotic pool cleaner is the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner.
The Nautilus CC Plus didn’t miss a single leaf or rock, and just seemed to have scrubbing power plus. Our pool was crystal clear after letting the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus run for several hours. If you would like to watch a short video of this work-horse in action, you can see it here.
Regardless of which model you decide will work best for you, owning a Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner will be one of the best purchases you can make for your pool and for your family.