Having an Alcove bathtub beautifies your bathroom. Whether you are replacing the old bathtub or you are getting a new one, it is essential to ask questions like what is the best alcove bathtub for the money? This is because choosing an alcove bathtub is difficult and enjoying it is paramount.
Top 8 Alcove Bathtub Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 8 Alcove Bathtub Reviews
- 1.1 1. American Standard 2461002.020 Cambridge Apron-Front Americast Soaking Bathtub
- 1.2 2. Kingston Brass VTDE603122L Contemporary Alcove Acrylic Bathtub
- 1.3 3. American Standard 2460002.011 Cambridge Apron-Front Americast Soaking Bathtub
- 1.4 4. Mirabelle MIRSKS60300 LWH Sitka Acrylic Soaking Bathtub
- 1.5 5. American Standard 2425V-LHO002. 020 Evolution Deep-Soak Bathtub
- 1.6 6. American Standard 0263. 212. 020 Alcove Bathtub
- 1.7 7. Fine Fixture Acrylic and Fiberglass Soaking Bathtub
- 1.8 8. Jacuzzi LNS6036BRXXXXW Linea Three Wall Alcove Acrylic Soaking Tub
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
1. American Standard 2461002.020 Cambridge Apron-Front Americast Soaking Bathtub
This soaking bathtub is an excellent choice because it has an excellent heat retention feature that keeps the bathwater warm. Its structure creates an appealing look with the stansure slip-resistant floor texture. This bathtub features a great deal strong steel center and will make a perfect centerpiece in your bathroom.
This Americast bathtub may be a perfect fit for your bathroom because it is lightweight and has a glossy enamel you can easily clean. It features a support design that supports your Lumbar and allows you to relax at any time.
- Durable and non-porous bathtub
- Glossy enamel that is easy to clean and scratch-resistant
- Installation cost varies and might be expensive
2. Kingston Brass VTDE603122L Contemporary Alcove Acrylic Bathtub
This product is a modern-fashioned bathtub that features Resin material and Fiberglass for easy use and beauty. The sight is appealing because of its Alcove Drop-in tub apron that gives you the feeling of a spa.
The Kingston brass bathtub has varying options for you to select from. You can either purchase the deigned bathtub with a left-hand drain or right-hand drain in any of the sizes available. Although it incorporates cast iron, it is 50% lighter than the regular cast iron material and crafted from 3 to 5 mm acrylic.
- It is convertible to a shower tub
- It has a bathtub apron
- It scratches easily
3. American Standard 2460002.011 Cambridge Apron-Front Americast Soaking Bathtub
While this looks like a normal left-hand drain bathtub, it is different from others with its featured integral tile flange and apron front. This product would qualify as best with its flor texture which is stansure slip-resistant. It is about 14-inch deep and has a good heat retention ability.
You can easily clean it because of the featured glossy porcelain enamel that is non-porous and scratch-resistant. You might not have to bother about the installation because it comes with bars and leveling grids that aids installation.
- Glossy porcelain enamel that is easy to clean
- Has a strong casted backing that insulates
- Installation may be expensive
4. Mirabelle MIRSKS60300 LWH Sitka Acrylic Soaking Bathtub
The Mirabelle bathtub is a three-wall alcove installation bathtub with a left drain. It features just two colors and constructed of acrylic. This bathtub is smooth with an incorporated tile flange on the surface. With the tub skirt, you can easily incorporate a shower. The tub will make a good choice for its slip-resistant bottom. You should pay attention to the rim of the tub because towards the basin, it has a 9-degree slope which might make it unsuitable for a sliding glass door installation.
- Slip-resistant bottom
- 5-year warranty
- It is not suitable for sliding glass door installation
5. American Standard 2425V-LHO002. 020 Evolution Deep-Soak Bathtub
One of the factors you consider before choosing your bathtub is the fiberglass feature depending on your likes. The American standard 2425V-LHO002.020 Evolution Deep-Soak Bathtub incorporates acrylic with fiberglass reinforcement. It features an uncommon integral 3-sided water retention flange.
You can get into your bathtub and rest because this product has a dual molded armrest and backrest that supports your arm and body. With the armrest, you have a removable access panel with an attached apron. It offers a deep soak system and a maximum drain out.
- Removable access panel with apron
- Dual molded-in armrest and backrest
- Allows about 3-inch water
- Requires deep soak max drain that is sold separately
6. American Standard 0263. 212. 020 Alcove Bathtub
If you like a styled product with a rounded or curved shape, this might be a good choice. It is acid resistant, hence cannot bleach. Enameled steel construction enhances the appearance and beauty of your bathroom. It is a product that accommodates a one-piece bath per time and has integrated apron. It is suitable for installation for above floor-roughs and has an end drain outlet for water passage. The American standard 0263.212.020 Bathtub, when installed, can stay strong for a long time if you engage a good installation process. It features full slip-resistant, straight tiling flange and a fully bonded support pad.
- Full slip-resistant
- Enamel steel construction
- One-piece bath
7. Fine Fixture Acrylic and Fiberglass Soaking Bathtub
This product has the potential of being the best with its constructed design of acrylic material with fiberglass reinforcement. It has a glossy porcelain finish that won’t allow it to crack or be scratched. If you like easy installation, it is very simple to install and gives you the option to choose the left or right-hand drain.
This tub features a pre-fixed tile flange that prevents water from seeping behind the wall. You may not need any special plastering because of the pre-fixed tile. If you like to place your toiletries close to your bathtub, the ledge can accommodate your mirrors, soap and other bathroom essentials.
- Ledge for holding toiletries
- Glossy porcelain finishing
- Pre-fixed tile flange
- No apron attached
8. Jacuzzi LNS6036BRXXXXW Linea Three Wall Alcove Acrylic Soaking Tub
The Jacuzzi bathtub is designed with high-gloss acrylic material with strong lumbar support that will support your full relaxation when in use. There is an option for you to separately get the textured slip-resistant bottom to enjoy the use of the tub.
With the finished Tru-level base ultra-high foam leveler, you can easily install simple leveling Jacuzzi tub. It may be the right choice if you prefer the matte texturing that gives traction and the linear overflow.
- High-gloss acrylic material
- Tru-level base ultra-high-density foam leveler
- Matte texturing base platform.
- Separate purchase of a slip-resistant bottom tub
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is an Alcove Bathtub?
A: You must not confuse an alcove bathtub with drop-ins. An alcove bathtub is a bathtub that is designed to fit into an existing place of recess in the bathroom. It fits well in three-wall conditions. An alcove bathtub is known by many as skirt or apron baths. Alcove bathtub comes in a different range of shapes, configurations, and sizes to fit various bathroom layouts.
Q: How to Remove Alcove Bathtub?
A: If you need to remove the alcove bathtub in your bathroom, you will first turn off the water in the bathroom then disconnect the tub from the drain using a wrench. The wrench allows you to lose the joints and connection without any damage to the wall. After this, you slowly remove the tub from the wall from one end to another. Lastly, you pull out the tub with the help of another person.
Q: How to Tile a Bathtub Alcove?
A: There is a step to step instructions you will follow to have a neatly tiled bathtub alcove. Watching a video online will guide the do it yourself steps. You can also engage and pay a professional to tile for you. If you are doing it yourself, you will first measure the distance of the tub rim then you cut the stud and set the stud base of the tub and draw a line placement line as a mark on the floor. Second, drive a screw into the stud to hold it to the wall then set the top of the stud. Thirdly, you cut a cement plate to the exact size of the stud and design a layout tiling on the floor. Then you can start fixing the tile on the cement board in the order you want.
If you’ve had a picture of an alcove bathtub you would like to have in your bathroom, the information above vividly brings to mind the list of best rated acrylic alcove bathtubs that you will consider. You should draw out a list of features you want in your bathtub and ensure the perfect one ticks all your feature box. You don’t have to wait, get it.